Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay that was an obscenely amount of time between posts I know. I apologize. Thanks to everyone who is still reading this one and thanks to everyone who has left a review.
Buffy watched warily as two different demons came in the room and walked to Faith. She knew that the other Slayer was still too out of it to try to take both of them on and was helpless to watch as they took her out of the restraints and held her in the circle.

So engrossed was she that she failed to notice the now hulking Holgolrath step closer to her. The movement of his hands was caught out of the corner of her eye as he reached for her own bindings. Unlike Faith she was uninjured and she figured if she could get a few good hits in on the one holding her she should be able to rush the two holding Faith before rushing them the hell out of there.

As plans went it sucked of course but she was willing to improvise.

She waited until they were almost in the circle before bringing her head back to smash in the demon God's nose. The force of the blow brought a few stars to her eyes but the grip on her loosened and she spun around slamming her fist into his nose again.

Instead of the shout of pain she expected or the blood that should have spurted from a broken nose or even the slight movement of her impact she looked at the thing in Riley's body as it slowly blinked at her.

The next thing she knew she was on the other side of the room the soon to be bruise pounding in her jaw.

Okay so maybe it wasn't a good idea at all.

"You seem unable to grasp the situation." Ethan spoke from the circle.

Holgolrath was standing over her now and she knew that the moment was gone. His large hand grabbed her by the collar of her shirt and lifted her off of the floor. All right she was willing to admit she may have underestimated this thing.

Dangling off the floor she kicked her legs and tried to hit him with her fists but her size gave her a distinct disadvantage with the bulkier foe. Instead she looked more like a little kid that a bully was picking on. He was walking her back towards the circle and she could see Ethan begin to chant.

*********

Spike tried to block out the sound of the now mob behind them. They were grossly outnumbered and the thought of stopping was something he couldn't even consider. Instead he focused on running towards the scent of his mate and the other Slayer.
Their footsteps pounded through the narrow hallway vamp speed not an advantage over other demons. Instead he and Angel barely held on to the slight lead they had.

Door after door seemed to flash past them but Spike paid them no mind. Instead he grasped onto the sudden bolt of fear from his mate that slipped its way through the claim. With that he opened himself up to her letting her feel him letting her know that he was with her in anything she was facing.

Only seconds had passed but to him it felt like a lifetime before they reached the last door and flung themselves against it.

********

Buffy's eyes nearly bugged out of her head when she received the flood of emotions from her mate. Her breath hitched and she knew that he was near. It wasn't just the claim. She could feel him. That singular signature that screamed Spike.

The door crashed open and she felt herself spin in Holgalrath's grip as he turned to face the two vamps.

Spike growled low in his throat as he took in the scene before him. Faith was being held firmly by two demons and his Buffy was being held in the air by what appeared to be the overgrown brute.

But it was the face of the man holding her that shocked him.

"Oi! Let her go you over grown Boy Scout!"

He never stopped running the sight of his mate being handled so combined with the thunder of the demons that were pursuing them kept that from happening. Instead he headed straight for the shit head who made his unlife hell for the better part of two years.

"Spike no!" Buffy tried to stop him but he was moving too fast for the warning to do any good. She was helpless to watch as he was stopped in his tracks with one punch from Holgolrath.

The impact sent him spiraling away and down towards the floor.

To Buffy time seemed to slow down as Spike started his fall towards the floor. Holgolrath had started to back up and into the circle and Ethan had begun to chant again since he had stopped in surprise at Spike's entrance. She glanced up and finally caught sight of Angel who had come in right behind Spike but hadn't rushed in to attack. He moved forward again this time going for Ethan a look of determination on his face. As he lunged for the warlock the room seemed to fill with the sound of pounding feet and her eyes were transfixed as the hall seemed to nearly explode with demons.

"STOP."

The demon God's echoey voice made every thing seem to freeze.

Everyone but Spike that is. He struggled to his feet his sole focus being the woman across the room from him.

"I said put her down mate." The snarl in his voice did not go unnoticed by Buffy and as much as she loved him she hoped he wouldn't do something stupid.

He tensed when Riley's hand seemed to tighten on her collar and he watched her kicks get a bit weaker from the continued effort. It didn't seem to faze the man though.

"As much as I love chaos this is just getting bloody ridiculous."

The sound of Ethan's voice drew Spike's attention and he glanced over at the man.

Buffy continued to struggle against the demon's grip her hands clawing at the one holding her collar. She twisted herself a bit more before kicking out with her foot and this time was rewarded by it making contact. It didn't seem to cause him any pain of any sort but he threw her towards the circle. She impacted hard right into Ethan and one of the demon's holding onto Faith. As they went down she sensed the other Slayer spin away from her captor and kick him.

With their movement and Buffy being free from the hulk in the room both Spike and Angel launched themselves at them.

Red need a little help here.

Spike sent out the silent call as he caught the door in the corner of his eye. The other demons were beginning to squeeze into the room with them.

Okay just stay away from the door.

Her answer came back immediately but he didn't have the time to wonder what she meant by the warning. Instead he was reaching out with his fist as Angel kicked out at Riley.

And while both hits connected solidly with the figure in the room the only thing that happened was that he took a step back to regain his balance.

Both vampires exchanged a look of disbelief before a backhand sent Angel sprawling against the wall. Spike had little time to register it before he was forced to duck away from another swing.

Buffy didn't bother to get to her feet instead she just rolled and punched the demon she had landed on before trying to get her hands around the monsters ridiculously huge head. Twisting quickly she was rewarded with the loud crack of its neck breaking.

She gathered herself up and took in the sight of her next target. Not a demon but a man. One that had caused just about as much trouble as she was willing to put up with. Tensing her muscles to move forward she was immediately caught with the look in his eyes.

"I think not my dear." Was all he mumbled before a quiet chanting left his lips and she couldn't move.

Spike and Angel had managed to get back on their feet Spike charging first once again. This time Riley snatched him up and threw him into the charging Angel making sure they both went painfully down.

Suddenly the room filled with light the source of which seemed to come from behind them. Turning Angel and Spike gaped from their spot on the floor at the now open portal. It closed just as suddenly as it opened with a gentle swishing sound. Behind the door stood.... nothing. They were gone. The whole herd of demons had just vanished in front of their eyes.

Buffy was just as stunned as the other two but now as Faith continued to fight the remaining demon she struggled against her magical imprisonment.

"Spike!"

The sound of her voice yelling his name drew his attention once more before his gaze swung to the man in front of him. He growled low in his throat pulling himself into a low crouch. He wasn't sure what had happened but the wanker had never been this strong before. It didn't matter though he was going to take care of the idiot once and for all.

Buffy was helpless to move so she had no choice but to watch. Watch as Faith finally finished off the demon she was fighting. Watched as Angel got to his feet and mimicked Spike's stance. Watched as the furry and intent flashed in her mate's eyes.

This was not going to be pretty she was sure of it.

"Ethan! Let. Me. Go." She said the words with fierce determination and a small growl.

The words were out of her mouth as the three supernatural beings ran at the God. Spike and Angel came from the left and the right striking out with their fists while Faith came from behind. Unfazed Holgolrath used a vicious roundhouse sending both males flying back against the wall. As he finished coming around he grabbed Faith before she was able to react around the throat. Buffy watched as the pressure on the other Slayer's neck increased and her eyes bulged.

Watched as the two men shook their heads to try and clear them from the blow and try to stagger to their feet. Watched as Faith started to black out from the lack of air.

She could feel her muscles straining against her forced immobility. Buffy wasn't making any headway and she was starting to feel a bit of panic filter into her system. As Faith's eyes started to roll up into her head Buffy seethed with her frustration.

"Guys! Do something!" Of course she didn't know what they could do seeing as how they were all just knocked around without any effort.

Spike looked up at his Slayer her face plainly showing her anger and frustration. He could see the muscles in her neck straining with her effort to move. He looked back at Faith and watched as she finally lost consciousness.

Gathering himself once more and trying not to flinch at the pain the movement was bringing his bruised ribs Spike reached over and helped Angel get to his feet as well. He felt the other vamp stumble rather than saw it and he glanced quickly over at him. His grandsire looked a bit worse for wear a huge streak of blood across his forehead the end of which was dripping down his face.

Holgolrath had reached the circle and easily let go of Faith her body falling hard to the floor. He came to stand next to Buffy and put a hand on her shoulder.

"We have wasted enough time." His words were directed to Ethan but his eyes never left the two vampires.

The low rhythmic chanting of Ethan's voice began again and Buffy fought against the rise of sheer panic she was feeling. There was nothing she hated more then feeling helpless and she was the definition of helpless right at the moment. Unable to move she could do nothing to halt the progress of the spell or check on Faith.

Spike fought the wave of dizziness he was feeling and started forward dragging Angel right alongside him. He could make out the words Rayne was using even though they were mumbled low. It didn't take him long to recognize that it was a spell. Nor did it take him long to realize the others were all standing in a circle. None of which was good in his book. Instead he picked up his pace and began to run towards them.

Buffy looked over at Spike as he began to run dragging Angel towards them. There was a bright white light starting to flare from the sand of the circle and she found she was holding her breath. Whatever it was that they were trying to accomplish it had started.

He watched the flare of light that came from the circle and instinctively knew that there was no time left. Instead he launched himself at the circle hand still not letting go of Angel's arm the force sending him sprawling towards the four occupants of the magical construction.

The crack of ozone in the air and the change of atmosphere assaulted his senses as they crossed over the line and into the direct path of the magic Ethan was summoning.

Suddenly the white light flashed brightly in the room before everything went dark.