Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey all! It's update day! Chapter 5 is here and I'm still writing chapter 6 - ach I've fallen behind! I usally have three chapters ready by now. EEK! Anyways, some fun for Spikey and Buffy!! Now I don't know if I'm aloud to do this but again - another shameless plug! please tell me if i'm breaking any rules but putting this in here because i'll gladly take it out. i help run a fourm with a friend of mine. it's called tv misfits and it you can post any fan fic - all is welcome. www[dot]tvmisfits[dot]org . all should go and check it out.
- Dru
Chapter 5 – Angelus’s Torture Chamber



Before Buffy could answer, the door was unlocked and thrown open, showing a very angry Angelus. A small evil grin graced his lips as he looked at Buffy, who was in Spike’s arms and Spike who was standing – not in a wheelchair. “So, this is what you’ve been doing in your spare time, huh? She’s been helping you walk again. That’s why you won’t drain her. You have too much pride, gotta do it all by yourself, right Spikey?” Spike growled, shielding Buffy from Angelus’s menacing stare.

“Fuck off Angelus.” Angelus laughed, catching the glint in Spike’s eyes as they both stood, staring each other in the eye, two master vampires very much ready for a fight with the other.

“It’s my turn to play, Spike. You know the concept of sharing, yes?”

“She’s not a bloody toy!” Spike yelled angrily, his body tense, his fists clenching and unclenching, begging to throw a punch at the older vampire.

“Really? A human not a toy? Spike, I believe you were the first to call them a toy back when we scoured Europe,” Angelus taunted, a malicious grin still firmly in place.

“That was back when you were sane and not as nuts as Drusilla,” Spike spat. Angelus growled angrily, taking a menacing step towards them. “Hit a soft spot, didn’t I? Well you are! Remember when you first got your soul? Right now, you’re more insane than you were then!” Angelus took a few more steps, his fist rounding to punch Spike but he easily blocked it. Spike grasped the bigger hand, crushing it with his own, twisting Angelus’s arm. He smiled when he heard the satisfying crack. He had broken Angelus’s arm; the same Angelus who was now standing there, staring at his arm and then back at Spike. Fresh new rage was burning inside him as he moved to attack Spike. “This is your chance Buffy! Get out of here!” Spike yelled as he began to battle with grand-sire.

Buffy stared at him for a moment not understanding, but when Spike looked at her a second time, she nodded, rushing out of the room while the vampires fought. “Don’t run too far, Slayer!” Angelus’s voice called but Buffy didn’t listen as she dodged the vampire flunkies coming at her. She jammed the palm of her hand up one vampire’s nose, tripping another in her way and jumping over a third. A fourth charged at her stomach, which she quickly sidestepped, grabbing the vamp’s hair in the process and yanking him backwards to the floor.

She could still hear Spike and Angelus fighting, shouting puns at each other. Most of the other fledging vampires had run away, all afraid of the Slayer’s wrath. She saw one in front of her she recognized–Mouth. The vampire looked at her with wide eyes as she grabbed him, pulling him along with her. “Get me out of here or I’ll kill you.” Mouth nodded, grabbing her hand and pulling her down another hallway.

“The puppy with light hair has escaped!” she heard Drusilla shriek as she passed the crazed vampire. Mouth looked back at Drusilla, smiling when he found she wasn’t following them. He then pulled her down another hallway where light cascaded into the room.

“This is as far as I dare go being sun retarded and all. There’s a door at the far end. It leads into one of the cemeteries. You have four hours till sundown. Make sure the rest of the scoobies are with you. You can be sure Angelus will come after you,” Mouth stated, smiling at the Slayer. Buffy nodded, offering a quick thanks before sprinting the rest of the way out and into the safety of the sun without so much as a backward glance.

*

Mouth walked back toward Spike’s room, only to find Angelus dragging the younger vampire out of his room. Angelus grinned, blood streaking down his face as he threw Spike at Mouth, who dutifully picked up his friend. “Next time, think before you act out, Spike or I’ll do worse than break your legs. But you still have punishment to serve.”

“Why?” Spike growled.

“You cost me a slayer, Spike! That’s why!” Angelus growled. “Mouth, take him to the chamber. I’ll deal with him later, after I’ve healed. Not one drop of blood for him, or you’ll be joining him, got it?” Angelus growled, glaring at Mouth who only nodded. Angelus turned to leave but soon heard Spike chuckling.

“You’re gonna have one pissed off slayer and her friends on your hands and I’m gonna love watching her kick your insane ass back to hell.” Angelus turned back and stared at Spike with a smile.

“I’ve been to hell Spike. It’s not so bad.”

*

Mouth tried not to damage Spike any further when he dropped him into the chamber beneath the main room of the mansion. When he heard a dull thud, he stuck his head down into the dark whole, his face shifting into his demon visage to see better. “Are you ok, Spike?” A groan answered him, unhappy and tired. “I’ll take that as a yes. Don’t worry. I’ll get the Slayer to save you. I promise!” At hearing this Spike spoke.

“No! Tell her to stay away. Tell her she has to stay away. Tell her she needs to rest up for the fight that’s gonna come because she has to beat his ass for me!” Spike groaned as he looked above him, seeing only the outline of Mouth’s nodding head. “Just keep her away, keep her safe.” There was a moment of silence before Mouth spoke.

“You really do like her, don’t you?” Mouth asked. He was answered with a chuckle.

“Yeah, yeah I do.”

*

Later, Spike awoke to a blinding light, filling the room. He opened his eyes to see mirrors surrounding him, covering the walls. To his left stood a giant iron tree, with leaves painted on and hanging on one of the iron branches a Punjab lasso. It was an exact replica of the torture chamber in India to which the Sultana sent people to death. No water. Bright light. Scorching heat. And you went mad. Spike closed his eyes, taking a deep breath before opening his eyes. He looked around knowing that somewhere in the panel of one of the many mirrors, a small nick would be found, which if he pressed it, would spring the panel open and he could escape. All he had to do was find the nick.

He stripped himself of his clothes, knowing it would soon become too hot to function with them on. He looked at his legs and tried to stand up. He chuckled when he found he could stand and walk around fine. The bastard hadn’t done a thing to his legs; at least not as much damage as he thought. After walking around the room a few times, he grabbed his shirt and dropped it in front of one window, marking his starting point. Then, he got to work.


TBC