Author's Chapter Notes:
All of you are great do you know that. I know that it's hard but please be patient angst of seperation will be addressed soon and the other to soon follow that I promise. But patience is a virtue.

The reviews are wonderful even when I know you guys are upset! So please leave me what you think and I'll write more as quickly as possible.

I also have to let you know that I will be playing with the timeline of AtS season 5 a little to have certain events fit with my story. So thank you all very much and I hope to hear from you soon. THANKS
A week and the dreams had grown fiercer in their intensity. It was playing havoc with her sleep, never letting her rest completely.

She had tried to focus on the upcoming holidays wondering if perhaps it was time to forgive and forget and spend some time with people she loved. But the dream always drew her back. If it was true, like so many of her past dreams, would it hurt them more if she finally spent time with them and ended up dead? Probably. And that thought held her back.

It was a few days until Thanksgiving and she had even tried to do some early Christmas shopping. But she was listless with the lack of rest and the constant slaying. Cleveland had far surpassed Sunnydale in sheer numbers.

So she was lying on the couch trying to take a nap for once. The ringing of the phone produced a mumbled curse at whoever disturbed her. Not that many people had her phone number. Or would bother to use it.

"Hello."

"Buffy. It's Wesley."

"Oh hi. Where are you? I can barely hear you." Buffy thought she could hear the rush of traffic.

"I felt it necessary to have this talk outside of the office. I have some information for you." She wasn't sure with all the background noise but she thought he sounded really stressed.

"I'm listening."

"I wasn't able to find anything on the dagger but the symbol on the demons chest was very interesting. It seems that it’s a magical bind, a leash of sorts to keep the demon in the service of some sort of master."

"So I'm looking for something a little higher up the food chain maybe? Someone with some power but no muscle."

"That would seem to be the most logical choice. The symbol and the magics used to cast it are ancient it took a long time for me to find it even with the extensive collection that the firm has."

"Any idea what to look for?"

"Unfortunately no. Whatever is behind your dream isn't something found in any of my research."

She let out a sigh of frustration. "Well I appreciate you trying Wes. Thank you."

"It was no problem Buffy. There is one more thing however."

"Yes?"

"When I was doing the research it was almost like something was trying to block me. The offices themselves are supposed to be tempered against outside magics but the feeling was there all the same."

"Which is why you’re using a pay phone. Gotcha. Someone knows something is up. This isn't making me feel any better."

"I wish I could do more but without any more information..."

"No really it's okay." Well that didn't help did it? "Out of curiosity how are things? Everyone all right?"

"As much as could be expected. But I get the feeling you were being a little more specific. I did as you asked but he didn't say anything to me."

"Thank you. Well I better let you go then just thank you for doing this."

"Your welcome. Good bye."

"Bye."

She hung up the phone and sat gingerly back on the couch. It was a long debate in her mind if she should chance trying to sleep again. It wasn't even half way through the day yet and if she was going to do any slaying tonight the rest would be needed.

Lying back down she shut her mind off focusing on nothing but her own breathing. In and out deep and slow a calming relaxing feeling began but it worked slowly. She was so close she could feel it coming her eyes starting to lose focus. Buffy let them drift shut the tension in her body melting into the couch.

"My God you look like Hell."

She didn't open her eyes. The voice was enough.

"Please tell me you just came to chat so I can through your ass out of here."

"Pfft. We need to talk."

"Why is it when there is talking to be done they send you? Couldn't they have found someone, anyone else?"

"This is serious you know. You would think that my appearance here would clue you in on that."

She gave in fed up that this day she wasn't going to be meeting the sandman. Opening her eyes she stared at the rumpled man standing at the end of her couch.

"Well two visits in one year are maybe two visits too many." She sat up and watched as he sat in the chair across from her.

"Not my choice anyway. Have I mentioned how bad you look?"

"Thanks. Do you have a point Whistler or just a death wish?"

"Okay business it is then. They want a favor."

"I'm kind of favored out for the moment. Look I really don't have the energy for this right now." Her arms crossed over her chest.

"Fine but if the worst happens it will be your own fault."

"Will you stop already? Just tell me what the hell you want so I can get some sleep."

"You need to take a trip."

"Like a vacation tell me about it. Can I have it paid too?" Her sarcasm was reaching new levels. "What are you talking about?"

"You need to go see your boys in LA. They're in big trouble."

"I just got off the phone with someone in LA. Everything's fine."

"They think everything's fine. The Powers they know different. So you need to take a trip."

"Why are you here talking to me?"

"Look girlie we need you. You've been tapped because we haven't got many options left."

"Fine give me details then."

"Angel's in over his head this time. The whole doing good while in the middle of an evil law firm thing is not panning out. So he's gonna make a choice soon. Decide on a course of action. The Powers have a feeling that we're not going to like it."

"So why aren't you there guiding him? I mean isn't that what you're supposed to be?"

"Like I want to get saddled with that duty again. He's had two seers already and he still gets in jams like this." He shook his head. "Nope my job is to get to the person that can help them the most and give her stubborn ass a nudge in the right direction. Which is you getting on a plane and landing in LA."

"Still a little skimpy on the specifics aren't you?"

"Do you know how annoying you are?"

"Well if you could maybe suggest to them to turn off the repeat-o vision with these dreams maybe I could get some sleep. No sleep equals a truly bitchy Buffy."

"I can see that. They only send the dreams once. You know that if the thing is repeating it's something to do with you."

"Huh?"

"You know maybe some unresolved issue thing. Who do I look like Dr. Phil?" He pointed a finger at her. "You need to get it together. Things are happening soon. Your little dream is just the tip of the iceberg. Let me put it this way; Angel has the potential to either do a lot of good or send the world spinning into a swift hellfire ending."

"So what am I supposed to be doing?"

"Talk to him and make him see reason. He's to close to the issue to see what the outcome is really going to be we've already tried getting to him with someone else but it just seemed to steer him the wrong way. I guess cryptic might not be the best way to go."

"Something I've been saying for years now. So why me specifically?"

"Because he'll listen to you. And the fact that the Powers trust your judgment. You've never had the advantages he's had but you seem to always make the right choice. They like that about you."

"Can I get that in writing and framed? I think there are a few people in Sunnydale who might need to see it."

He looked at her seriously and she found it a little unsettling.

"They know what you did for Spike. I have to tell you they've never been so proud of someone in your position."

She snorted. "Yeah pride in someone with a true talent for driving people away. Can we not talk about this?"

"Let me tell you a little secret then. There are currently four true warriors for the Powers each with their own destiny. You are the only one we have nothing left to prove with. The others are busy seeking redemption looking to overcome a past with a bit too much history. But you're there chick. You're the one that when all the chips are on the table they're going to turn to because you're the sure bet."

"Four?"

"Yeah four we just upped the number this year actually. Traditionally it was one and then they added Angel now we have duplicates."

"So what me and Angel and Faith and who?"

"The only other vampire with a soul. Why do you think they invested so much time in him?"

"Spike. So all of this is what? Some sort of test, a trial?"

"No actually for once they didn't do this it was a slightly more evil tint. Ever wonder who was really running that engine of evil Angel's trying to drive? They have their own plans. My guess would be a little separation of all the key players and boom instant easy take down. Although I'm sure they’re pissed that you managed to get Spike and Angel together."

"Separate us how? What aren't you telling me?"

"This is more than I'm supposed to say. I'm going to catch hell for this."

She was off the couch and holding him by the throat before he finished blinking.

"Which will be a whole lot nicer than what I'll do to you if you don't make with the answers."

"No need to be grabby. I'm talking aren't I?"

She let him go but stood in front of his chair looking menacingly at him.

"Didn't you wonder why everyone was so quick to turn on you at the house that night. Someone had to be whispering in their ears stoking the little sparks of discontent. Maybe someone like a potential that got ushered into the inner circle by say dating someone on the inside."

"Kennedy."

"She was working for Wolfram and Hart. They offered her power and she wanted it. That's why she dumped your friend so soon after you left. So they take you away from your friends and then they made sure that Spike wouldn't be a problem."

"You aren't saying what I think you're going to are you?"

"It was the most devastating thing they could do besides kill you. Which I'm happy to say they didn't even consider trying. You've got quite the rep."

"So they killed Dru knowing what it would do to him? And what were they hoping afterwards that he would finally snap and kill me?"

"I'm not sure. I doubt that even they would think that would work."

"And let me guess. They knew that when Angel took over all the other people that knew him would be less inclined to trust him."

"See how bright you are. Now if this makes a little more sense I think you should get busy trying to make some travel arrangements."

"Not so fast buddy. You know what's been going on over there so I want a run down."