Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay I know I have been lax in updating but I had the hardest time with this chapter simply because of the sex and well because you guys have been so great that I wanted to make sure it was good enough for you. I don't think I did that well though so I apologize and hope that you can forgive me. Thanks to everyone for all the great reviews I've gotten and I will be writing more now that I've managed past this. I hope you enjoy it. Please let me know what you think. Thanks again.
There was a slight tapping noise that was tugging at the corner of her mind prodding her to wake. It was slow and gentle and insistent. She tried to ignore the feeling and let her body drift in the carefree fog that surrounded her senses.

But the tapping wouldn't stop.

Eventually it became to strong an urge and her mind began to clear. Her brain pulling itself into wakefulness.

Opening her eyes she was able to place the tapping noise. Someone had been knocking softly on the door.

Looking over she saw Spike murmuring through the door. His back was to her and his hair was tousled from sleep. He was shirtless and she watched suddenly fascinated by the play of his muscles under his skin. She found she was holding her breath and let it out slowly.

"Who is it Spike?"

His head turned at the sound of her voice.

"Sorry didn't want to wake you luv."

"No it's all right." For the first time in months she felt completely rested. It was great.

Spike motioned through the door and a haggard looking Wesley came into the room. Taking in his appearance she sat upright in bed.

"Wes are you okay?"

"Um yes actually I'm fine. I just wanted to tell you the others haven't reached a decision yet but..." He sighed and sat in one of the chairs. "I'm leaving that bloody place."

"It won't be easy but it's the right thing."

"I also came to tell you I have some information."

"About what?"

"The dagger you asked me to research? I've found its origins. It's a ceremonial dagger created in the blood of a pure warrior. It was used to kill the last of the pure demons that walked the earth."

"So that can't be good then can it?"

"I'm afraid I don't have an answer to that. It was believed to be a myth."

"Excuse me but what the bloody hell are you babblin' about?"

"I had a slayer dream Spike and I asked Wesley to look up a few things for me."

"And what exactly happens in this dream?"

"Basically some fighting with an ugly red thing and me holding that dagger." He was giving her that look again like he knew she wasn't telling him something. But he seemed to shake his head and let it go.

She took a quick glance at the clock and saw that it was only seven in the morning.

"Did you sleep at all?"

The ex Watcher seemed to give her a sheepish expression.

"Well not exactly."

"I'll take that as a no. Go home and get some sleep. We can figure all of this out later."

"I assure you that I'm all right Buffy."

"Listen to her Percy. Might need to use that brain of yours for somethin' later. Won't be any good if you don't get some kip."

She watched as his gaze flicked back and forth to her and Spike.

"Maybe just a little. You will let me know if the other's contact you?"

"I'll call you as soon as I hear. Now go on."

He agreed quickly and made a hasty retreat.

Buffy reclined back onto the bed relishing in the feeling of relaxation in her muscles. One down and three to go. Of course Wesley had agreed first he was the sensible one after all.

She looked over to see Spike studying her intently. When their eyes made contact he walked to the side of the bed and sat next to her.

"What?"

"Have I told you how gorgeous you look in the morning?"

She paused like she was giving the thought serious consideration, trying to ignore the warmth in her cheeks or the speeding up of her heart.

"I don't think so."

He placed a hand on her cheek and she could only gaze into his eyes.

"Well let me correct that then hmm? You look so beautiful like the angel you are."

"Spike-" She breathed his name a lump forming in her throat.

He leaned his head closer to hers so their brows were barely touching.

"Tell me you meant what you said last night." He didn't bother to hide the desperation in his voice and she felt her heart beat a little faster in her chest.

"Every word." She raised a hand to rest against the back of his neck slowly stroking the skin there. "I love you."

"Again." She couldn't resist the plea in his eyes as he breathed the word to her.

"I love you Spike." Buffy could see his eyes shining brightly from the tears that threatened to fall. She pulled his head to her and moved her lips over his in a slow gentle kiss.

He wrapped his arms around her body pulling them closer together.

Entwined in his arms feeling his cool lips move over her warm ones she thought she had never felt anything so right in her entire life. Here locked in his embrace she felt truly at peace and completed. It was better then heaven even dreamed of being.

Pulling back to get some air she brushed at the tears that had rolled from her eyes.

"Buffy pet what's wrong?" His voice held a slight edge of panic.

She giggled, the first time she remembered doing that in ages.

"Spike nothing. Happy tears only I promise." She watched as he visibly relaxed. "Have I told you how cute you look with bed hair?"

"Hey! Big Bad here! I don't do cute."

"Hmm then can I tell you how sexy you look with bed hair?" His low growl sent a shiver up her spine.

"Anytime luv." His lips found hers again, pressing roughly as if searching for something deeper. Buffy slid her tongue over his bottom lip and was rewarded with a small moan. As his lips parted she slipped her tongue inside, slowly tasting and exploring him.

Her own moan slipped from her as his tongue slid against hers. They swirled against each other savoring in the taste of one another. Pausing only when Buffy's need for oxygen became too strong for her to resist.

His hand slowly caressed her face.

"Buffy love you so much."

"Show me Spike."

A sound somewhere between a laugh and a sob came from him as he kissed her.

Their mouths met in a slow passionate kiss that started as a slow burn. It was a greedy meeting of lips and teeth, sucking and nibbling driving the burn into a roaring flame. Tongues probed questioningly, delving into the darkest recess of each other, seeking the familiarity of the others touch. She could feel the warmth spread through her body, racing along her nerve endings.

The pull to move her hands, to feel him beneath her fingers had become too strong to resist and she moved her hands across his shoulders and down his back. Reaching the waistband of his pants she brought her hands around his front and slowly traced the muscles of his chest.

His hands had begun to wander and they ghosted over her face, along the curve of her neck and down her sides. They lightly brushed against the sides of her breasts, trickling down her sides until they reached the hem of the shirt she was wearing. He grasped her by the hips for a moment deepening the kiss infusing it with the desperate need to be closer to her.

She gasped as his hands moved under the thin cotton of her shirt and trailed across her stomach. Grasping the hem of her shirt he pushed it up. Leaning forward she raised her arms as he removed it from her. Feeling his fingers kneading into the soft flesh of her breasts caused her to arch herself into his touch. She shivered as his mouth trailed small kisses down her neck and down into the hollow of her throat.

The tenderness in his touch was driving her insane. It had been too long since she had been touched, too long for her to have any form of patience. As his mouth pulled in one of her tight nipples she grasped his hands and pulled them down to the waist of her shorts. Apparently getting the hint he tugged on her shorts pulling them off as she raised her hips in cooperation. Clad in only her underwear she knew that she needed him naked like now. Placing her hands back on his chest she trailed them over his pecs her thumb flicking over a nipple.

The moan that rumbled against her chest tugged in her abdomen letting loose a series of excited tremors. She flitted her hands down to the button of his jeans and flicked her wrist unfastening it with a satisfying pop. Her fingers grasped the metal tab of his zipper and eased down. Once done he stood and took them off.

Locking her eyes with his as he moved closer to her, she shifted a bit towards the center of the bed making room for him without thinking. He stretched out beside her his hands once again roaming over her sensitive skin. She focused only on the feel of his touch how it stirred inside of her. Her own hands were moving again until they trailed up to his neck and pulled him to her for a fevered kiss.

His hand brushed the cotton of the last barrier between their two bodies lightly stroking her. She raised her hips to his touch impatient for them to be closer. As if he knew what she was feeling he hooked his finger through the elastic string of her panties and pulled them off her. Her breath hitched in anticipation as his mouth moved down her body covering her in open wet kisses. Every touch of his lips sent waves of heat rushing to the surface of her skin.

He paused over her mound watching the expression on her face and she soaked in the look of his half lidded eyes. Eyes that had turned almost onyx with desire and want. Unconsciously she held her breath waiting for his next move.

That breath came out in a rush as his head dipped between her thighs and his tongue stroked her. She lost herself in the sensations of his wet and now warm tongue laved over her sex. As he moved over her outer lips and began to administer much needed attention to her clit she felt the muscles in her stomach tighten. A glorious tingling sensation started in her outer limbs and built as it moved towards her center.

"Spike oh God yes!" The words tumbled from her mouth as wave after wave of pleasure caused her to tremble.

Eventually she started to come back to reality. She blinked heavily lidded eyes at the man staring at her. A smile played on her lips as she watched him fascinated with the way he seemed to be taking pleasure in just looking at her.

She crooked a finger at him gesturing him closer, to finally unite the two of them. Her eyes hungrily gazed at him as he prowled up her body the evidence of his arousal blatant to her sight. She raised her legs to wrap around his waist positioning herself for him.

A low moan echoed through the room as she felt him sink his manhood slowly into her tight sheath. The sensation of him stretching and filling her was overwhelming and she found herself struggling to grab air into her lungs.

It was so right so good. Not that she should have been surprised. It had always been good between them and she had to admit to herself long ago that Spike was an incredible and giving lover. Not that she had a lot of experience for comparison but she was fairly certain that he was a rare find be it vampire or man.

He was moving inside of her slowly pumping in and out in a slow steady rhythm. The pace was excruciating prolonging the pleasure between the two of them. Unable to stand it anymore she contracted the muscles that held him tightly. His gasp in response was like music to her ears and she repeated the move. This time she was rewarded with a long moan. Encouraged she did it once more.

"Oh Buffy luv please...." The speed of his thrusts increased driving him deeper into her core.

One more time she tensed her mucsles and held him tightly. A low growl escaped him as he thrust inside her faster. She could feel the building of another orgasm in the pit of her stomach. A tight winding of sensation coiling through her being begging to be released.

He dropped his head so it nuzzled near her ear and she could hear his labored breathing.

"Now Buffy cum for me love." The sound of his husky voice filled with so much awe and passion reached into her core.

"Spppiiiiikkkkeeee." Her body tensed and shuddered around him. Through the pleasure educed haze on her senses she could feel his release draw near.

His head reared back and a hoarse shout of her name was followed by the sensation of his seed spilling into her. She gladly accepted the reassurance of his weight as he sank on top of her.

Once her breathing had come back from warp speed she ran a hand absentmindedly through his hair. He propped himself onto his elbows and stared into her eyes.

"I love you." The words were said with so much love and affection and conviction that she could feel her heart swelling.

"I love you too."

And then his lips were on hers in a slow languorous kiss.