Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to everyone for the reviews!!! I just have to say that I'm enjoying you all so much! So please don't stop letting me know what you think and leave a review. Thanks again.
The three of them had ridden in the elevator in silence lost no doubt in their own thoughts. Buffy fought with the urge to dwell on the events that had just happened or on the things she knew were about to. Instead she tried to just let her impatience build at the impending fight. It was something familiar and the contradiction in what she should feel before going in guns blazing so to speak and this wealth of peace it brought her was strange but not terrifying.

At least it was familiar because getting ready to go into a major fight with her ex boyfriend and the man she was in love with not low on the wig scale. She glanced quickly from one to the other taking in their similar expressions both jaws clenched in determination both set of eyes hard at the thought of the battle to come. It would kill them she knew if she ever brought something like that up so wisely she kept it to herself.

As they reached their destination and stepped into the empty corridor she looked at Spike. He seemed to stare off to the right head tilted up at an angle as if he was scenting the air. Which she realized he probably was. Taking a quick peek at Angel she noticed him doing the same and read the tension in his muscles. So they weren't alone down here. Well that wasn't much of a surprise.

Taking a step out in front of them she swung her head back and forth letting her inner Slayer sense stretch out into the room. She only received the familiar vampire tingle she'd come to associate with the two next to her.

"We know you're here just come out already so we can get this over with." Her hand made it's way to her hip her voice echoing off the walls.

Her eyes focused on a figure that moved just out of her range of sight in the shadows. Rolling her shoulders a bit in anticipation she followed the movements as they settled just a few yards ahead of them.

She wanted to let out a groan as Marcus stepped into the light and faced them.

"Don't you have anything better to do then hang out down here in the basement?"

He didn't look to amused or happy to see them for that matter. Well her anyway he barely spared the two men a glance instead his eyes just focused on her.

"Really Buffy I'm a little disappointed. I thought we had an agreement."

"Right now I'm thinking you being disappointed in me not such a big deal." She took another step forward. "Besides who said that I wasn't still going to meet with them?"

His own step forward shortened the distance between them again. "You're being very foolish."

She shrugged her shoulders. "That a fact?" One more step forward and now they were only separated by ten feet or so.

"Do you know the opportunity you're throwing away?"

"Pffft. You really think I'm gonna be tempted to work with these guys? Do you even know what a Slayer is?" The glare she gave him was filled with disbelief and disgust.

He took another step closer to her. "It's not too far fetched is it? Slayers have given in to the dark part of their nature in the past. After all when it all comes down to it the Slayer is just a human girl. Even one as charming as yourself."

This time she let all the fury she felt at this slime bag come right to the surface.

"You know if I had a nickel for every time I heard that well lets just say I'd have a lot of nickels. I swear I think you guys should hire some writers to come up with some original material." She took one last step towards him. "Now can we get on with this?"

She didn't wait for his answer as she threw a punch to his face connecting squarely with his nose.

The lack of reaction she got from him was a little disturbing to say the least. A slow grin spread across his lips full of well just plain evil. So evil that she could feel a little shudder pass through her. Centering herself she tried again this time sending a kick to his mid section followed by a right to his jaw.

When he just straightened his jacket and rubbed his jaw she felt her stomach tighten. Stealing a quick glance behind her she took in the disbelief on the faces back there.

"Um guys suggestions would be nice."

They fell into step next to her and together they each moved in on the scumbag. She managed to land a series of jabs to his face before his fist met with her nose staggering her backwards. Then Angel closed with him only able to squeeze in one punch before he was tossed unceremoniously back to almost the elevator. She forced her way back to Spike's side in time to witness him being kicked against the right wall his body making a lasting impression on it. Facing him again she pivoted and brought a foot up to connect with the middle of his chest. This time she used enough strength to get him to stagger backwards a few steps.

She closed in again this time taking her fist and sending it just underneath his chin whipping his head backwards. Her reward was a small chuckle. This time he charged and she retreated quickly blocking his blows.

This time she saw a black blur out of the corner of her eye before it and Marcus were sent tumbling to the ground. She followed them with her eyes and watched as with a small twist Hamilton put his feet against Spike's chest and tossed him to the far side of the room.

The suit was already on his feet by the time she blinked as Angel let out a roar and rushed him. He was stopped by a fist to his temple before falling to the floor. She stepped in and launched her fist at him. This time he caught it and twisted her arm behind her bringing the back of her body up against him.

His hold on her stopped Spike dead in his stride hands dropping to his sides. To her right a little she could see Angel shaking his head and making his way to his feet.

"I don't think any of you has a real grasp on the situation." His breath trickled next to her ear. She flinched as his grasp changed and he pulled on her arm tighter.

"Really then why don't you clue us in?"

He clucked his tongue at her. "Buffy the purpose of all this should be clear. The three of you pose a very serious threat and the Partners and they don't like threats."

"And they thought what that we'd all just roll over and go along with whatever they plan?" She kept her eyes trained on Spike watching the concern flash through his eyes.

His laugh grated on her. "No far from it. You and your pet over there were quite the surprise. No they were truly only concerned with Angel."

"Let. Her. Go." She could see the hard clench of Spike's jaw.

"You may want to follow his advice. He's not known for playing nice with others." Angel was eyeing the other man looking for a weakness as far as she could tell.

Hamilton chose to ignore them.

"But you both had to step in. They made allowances for Spike of course it was easy enough to hold his interest especially during the whole Lindsey debacle. The Partners couldn't have been to mad at him considering how much work he saved them. It was almost like contract work." She felt his weight shift behind her as his free hand rested on the back of her neck. "You my dear well you’re a whole different set of complicated aren't you?"

She gave a shrug well as much as she could considering the position she was in.

"It's what I do."

"Indeed." Spike began to take a shuffling step forward. "Now I don't think you want to do that." His grip on her neck began to tighten and she had to hold in the gasp that was half pain and half surprise at his strength.

Like he could sense it Spike's step stopped.

"The question is what do you do about a girl like you?" She couldn't see his face but she had no doubt about the leer that was there now. "Originally the Partners were just going to meet with you and show you how useless your interference would be. However I took the opportunity to further my own agenda a bit."

She groaned. "Don't tell me."

"My agreement with them gives me carte blanche concerning you. A certain bonus if you will for killing you myself. I have yet to see the fun in that act alone however."

Yep just like she figured and the hate simmering in the blue eyes in front of her was not going to go out any time soon.

"What makes you so certain you'll ever get the chance?" Her voice dripped with venom and stood in sharp contrast with the even tone of his.

"None of you understands just what you are facing."

"Then why don't you enlighten us?" The huff in Angel's voice was clear.

"I am the liaison for the Senior Partners." When they failed to respond she heard a sigh pass from his lips. "You can't win. The Senior Partners are part of what I am. I am as immortal as they are. The blood of each of them runs through my veins and makes me more powerful then you can even imagine."

Buffy let out a giggle she couldn't help it. "God stuck on yourself much? Don't you realize the problem with what you just said?"

"What are you talking about?"

With his question she rammed her head back into his face her blow causing him to drop his hold on her. Stepping away and turning she gave him a small smile.

"Talking about blood with two very angry, very deadly vampires in the room? Not high on the smart scale."

She didn't need to look at either of them to know that they were already vamped as they approached Hamilton in a blur of motion. Both of them had a side of his neck faster then she could blink.

After a few seconds Hamilton had managed to throw both of them off but she could see the blood trickling down his dress shirt and knew the damage had already been done.

"Bloody hell you taste terrible." Spike stated as he circled Hamilton the opposite of Angel.

As they crossed paths a small smile passed between them and they launched themselves at the suited man. The blows came faster then Buffy's eyes could follow. Trying to make what was happening out she just watched as Hamilton began to move back and then staggered and fell to one knee. Moving in faster then even vampiric speed allowed Spike grabbed the man's head while Angel grabbed his torso and they twisted away from each other.

When they both stood up Spike still panting with exertion which she always found endearing she tapped her foot.

"Can I just say ewww?"

The small grin she got from the platinum blonde made her give one in return.

"Alright pet?"

"Just peachy on this side of keen. Ready?"

With a slight nod they moved into the next room.