Harmony



Rated- PG13



Summary- There are two vampires with a soul. The world is falling into chaos because of this anomaly. There is no way around it. One of them has to die. But which one?



Spoilers- This takes place after Buffy’s Chosen and Angel’s Destiny



Disclaimer- Joss Whedon owns all the characters from BTVS and ATS. I’m just borrowing. Although, I’m kinda reluctant to give back a certain bleach blonde






Epilogue



Spike and Buffy were huddled together on the hospital bed. The slayer’s head rested on his still chest, while his fingers streamed through her hair. They both were silent, staring across the room at nothing.



The tears had already came and went, and Buffy couldn’t bring herself to find anymore. Numbness had set in. She couldn’t believe he was gone. A world without Angel seemed like a scary world indeed.



“Do you need anything, luv?”



The words felt like ice. After such a long span of quiet it didn’t hit well.



She shook her head.



It wasn’t long before there was a knock at the door.



“Come in,” Spike called.



The door opened and Cordelia slowly entered. She gave them both a smile. It wasn’t a bright one, but it wasn’t sad either.



“I had a vision,” she announced.



Spike shut his eyes. He wasn’t ready to go off and play champion just yet.



“It was of Angel.”



He felt Buffy sit up. “What?”



Cordy’s eyes shimmered. Her smile wobbled. “He’s happy.”



“Happy,” Buffy repeated. Then a smile tugged at her lips.



“He will face the coming darkness, sacrifice himself for the greater good, and receive a reward.” A tear escaped Buffy’s eye. She quickly brushed it away. “Light from above. Heaven. He’s finally done.”



Spike brought her closer and rested his chin on the top of her head.



“Thanks, Cordelia,” he said to the seer.



*************************



Angel had been carrying around torment for so long he had forgotten what it was like to be free of it. For years he had only known darkness, desperately seeking the light. And now he had finally found it.



His journey was finished. He was complete. And he was forgiven.



________________________________________________



The End.