Harmony



Rated- PG13



Summary- There are two vampires with a soul. The world is falling into chaos because of this anomaly. There is no way around it. One of them has to die. But which one?



Spoilers- This takes place after Buffy’s Chosen and Angel’s Destiny



Dedication- Joss Whedon owns all the characters from BTVS and ATS. I’m just borrowing. Although, I’m kinda reluctant to give back a certain bleach blonde



AN- Oh, for everyone who is wondering, the title of this story has NOTHING to do with the character. Harmony practically plays no part in the plot at all.



And I guess I should warn people that someone will probably die in this. I wasn’t going to kill anyone off, but my friend pointed out that it would be more realistic if I did. So, um, sorry. But think about this. If you know me at all you know that I am a HUGE Spuffy fan. So would I really have a totally sad ending for them? I think not.



Chapter 4



Spike spotted Harmony behind her desk, looking bored. He was about to walk on by, ignoring her, but abruptly stopped. He studied her. She was chewing some gum with her mouth open, playing with a piece of golden hair.



“What?” Harmony asked.



“Nothing,” Spike replied. He began to go down the hall again, but turned back around. “Actually, there is something. Can I talk to you? Somewhere private.”



Harmony sighed. “I’ve done some thinking and I’m not having sex with you again.”



“That’s not what I’m after. I just want to have a discussion.”



“I have a job to do. I can’t just walk away.”



“Right, because you are so busy.” He growled and grabbed her arm. He hauled her out of her seat. “Come on.”



Harmony jerked her arm, but Spike prevented her from breaking lose. “Hey, you can’t order me around! I’m not your slave! Let me go!”



“Bloody women,” Spike cursed.



He led the natural blond to an office. Without knocking, he thrust open the door. It happened to be the same room the secretary and he had taken over before. The occupant glanced up. He immediately got to his feet.



“You don’t have to kick me out this time. I’m leaving. Just let me get my paperwork.” The man hurriedly gathered some things off his desk. “There, all yours.”



Spike gave him an unnerving smirk. “Very kind of you, mate. We won’t be long.”



“R-ight.” The man shut the door on his way out.



It suddenly occurred to Spike that the Wolfram and Hart employee probably thought they wanted the office to bang each other. He had just made it sound like it didn’t take long at all to get the job done. That’s great, Spike thought. So much for boosting your sexy big bad persona.



Harmony faced him, annoyed. She crossed her arms. “What do you want, Spike?”



“I wanted to discuss the other day. When we . . .”



“What is there to discuss? You used me and I let you.”



Spike took an unneeded deep breath. He knew he was going to regret this. But he couldn’t get the incident out of his head. He had to do something about it.



“Harm, it is never going to happen again. I was a little out of my rocker from being a ghost and just needed to . . . feel something.” Now he sounded like the slayer. “What we did was wrong.”



“God, Spike, you don’t have to get all apologetic. You think too much with that soul of yours. I knew exactly what was going on when I agreed to do it.”



Spike put up his hands in defeat. “You know what, forget it.”



“Yeah, let’s.”



“Fine.”



“Fine.”



Caught off guard, Harmony rammed into him. She threw her arms around his neck and crushed her lips to his. Spike quickly pried her away, slamming her into the wall.



“What the bleeding hell are you doing!?” he exclaimed.



Harmony straightened, smoothing her flowered skirt. “Oh, Spikey, I knew you cared. This just proves it.”



“What?”



“You apologized and don’t want to have meaningless sex anymore. I just knew deep down you wanted more.”



“Not from you!”



“But . . . It’s that slayer isn’t it!? You can’t forget her at all.”



Spike shook his head. He headed for the door. He had had enough of this.



*************************



Buffy decided to go see Angel alone. It seemed only right to tell him about the prophecy without company.



She didn’t know what she expected, but this wasn’t it. Wolfram and Hart was packed with both humans and demons. They were all busy, doing their jobs. The place was huge and she had a hard time comprehending that Angel owned it all.



It was impossible to walk right through the door without being intercepted. She had to go through a metal detector and then was bombarded with questions.



“I’m here to see Angel. I’m his . . . “ What was she? “Friend.” That was a simple term, but it still didn’t settle right in her head.



“Name?” the woman asked.



“Buffy Summers.”



“Just a moment, please.”



The woman picked up a phone and pushed a button. After a few seconds she said into the receiver, “Mr. Angel, there is someone here to see you. She says that she is an acquaintance.”



There was a pause. “Buffy Summers.”



The woman nodded. She put down the phone. With a smile she addressed Buffy. “He said to send you right up. Go to second floor. There’s a sign outside his office.”



“Thanks,” Buffy told her.



The slayer found the elevator. She stepped inside and punched the button to go up. Sure enough, it wasn’t hard to find Angel’s door. His name was displayed outside in large, bold letters.



She didn’t feel right barging in, so she politely knocked.



“Who is it?” Angel asked from inside.



“Angel, it’s me,” she answered.



“Buffy.“ Her name was said with yearning. It made her chest ache. “Come in,” he added.



She attentively stepped inside. She closed the door behind her. She stood in place, their eyes meeting. The world seemed to stop spinning. It always seemed like things stood in place whenever she saw him. It was a mixture of goodness and badness all rolled up into one.



Angel recovered first. He gestured to the chair before his desk. “Have a seat.”



“Oh, yeah.” She gave a small smile. She went over and settled into the seat. She shifted, trying to get comfortable.



“I tried to call before coming, but they kept telling me you were busy,” she explained.



Angel folded his arms. “I have a lot of things to take care of.”



“Yeah, I get that. This looks like a pretty important place.”



“It is. It takes a lot of work to keep running.” Angel ran a hand through his gelled hair. “So, how is everybody?”



“Good. Everybody is good. Giles is gathering slayers and rebuilding the watcher’s council. Xander got a new job. Willow. . . Well, Willow broke up with her girlfriend, but she’ll be all right. Faith’s kicking ass and having a blast.”



Nodding, Angel said, “Good. How are you? How was Europe?”



“Lots of things to see. Dawn and I had fun.”



There was a span of silence.



“Um, Buffy. . . Why are you here? Did you come to visit or . . .?”



“Oh!” Buffy held up the scroll Giles had entrusted in her care. “I have this to show you.”



She handed it to him.



He examined it. “What is it?”



“It’s a prophecy about a vampire with a soul. Giles assumed it must be you. It talks about how you’ll save the world and get some shiny reward.”



Angel set the scroll down. He leaned back and frowned.



“Why the broody face? Rewards are good,” Buffy remarked.



Just then the door burst open. A figure clad completely in black came in.



“See what you get when you are all noble,” Spike muttered. “Angel, I’m going to hide in here a bit. You won’t give me an office and I gotta stay somewhere to get away from your love-sick secretary.”



Buffy’s head spun. She jumped to her feet. “Spike.”



Wide green eyes met blue. She felt herself grow dizzy and she would have fallen if she hadn’t grabbed the edge of Angel’s desk.



“How?” she questioned.



Spike opened his mouth to speak.



_________________________________________________



More to come very shortly.