Harmony



Rated- PG13



Summary- There are two vampires with a soul. The world is falling into chaos because of this anomaly. There is no way around it. One of them has to die. But which one?



Spoilers- This takes place after Buffy’s Chosen and Angel’s Destiny



Disclaimer- Joss Whedon owns all the characters from BTVS and ATS. I’m just borrowing. Although, I’m kinda reluctant to give back a certain bleach blonde



Hello, and welcome to another chapter of Harmony. Your stop to quell that Spuffy craving.




Chapter 7



Angel hesitantly entered his office. He was afraid he would walk in on a Buffy and Spike make-out session. Which would be considered his version of hell. Despite his little epiphany before, it didn’t change the fact that he wanted the best for Buffy. He still cared about her and thought that Spike was definitely a bad choice. Any road traveled with his grandchilde led to a dark place.



There was no graphic activity in the room. To his relief they were sitting calmly on the couch. Buffy’s hand was in Spike’s, however, making him grit his teeth. She abruptly detached from the bleach-blonde, and stood up. Spike raised an eyebrow in question. They locked eyes, speaking silently to each other.



Angel was unnerved. How could they have such a connection? Buffy and Spike were nothing alike. They couldn’t possibly fit the way they appeared to. At least . . . And then it hit him. He didn’t know Buffy at all anymore.



That’s all he needed. Another reason why Buffy and he would never work out even if they wanted to.



The slayer made her way up to her ex. “Angel, I need to say some stuff. Before, about that cookie dough speech. I was wrong. I’m not done baking, but . . .” Her expression showed how sorry she was. “You see, I didn’t realize that certain people shape who you are. And Spike . . . He . . . “



That was as far as Angel let her get.



“Buffy,” Angel harshly interrupted.



She instantly shut up, startled.



“I can’t talk to you right now. Please leave.” He said it coolly, trying to control himself.



“Angel. . .” Her voice was broken. She was obviously hurt. “I need to get this out.”



“Later,” Angel told her. “Right now I need you gone.” He glanced over at Spike, who was listening to them only a few feet away. “Take Spike with you.”



She nodded.



He watched as Buffy gathered Spike. They were almost out the door when Buffy looked back. “Bye, Angel,” she whispered.



Then they were gone.



Angel shut the door and collapsed in his chair. He put his face in his hands, struggling to block out the world.



***********************



Spike had been out of the law firm since coming back from the dead. But now, leaving with Buffy, it felt like he was finally breaking free.



They rode in a cab to her hotel. It wasn’t a ritzy place, but it wasn’t that bad either. They had a pool, cable, and air conditioning. Everything you basically needed for a comfortable stay. He imagined Rupert had been the one to finance the trip. There was no way Buffy could pay for a stay like this.



Buffy led him through the hotel. They took the stairs instead of the elevator to third floor. Identical doors loomed past them as they moved. Suddenly, Buffy stopped in front of 317.



She fumbled in her purse for the lock-card.



“It would be best for me to wait out here,” Spike voiced.



In disbelief, Buffy turned toward him. “Huh?”



“I mean . . .” He ran a hand through his hair. “It would be best not to give the bit a scare.”



“And Willow. She came with us, and should be watching Dawn,” Buffy added. She nodded. “Okay. Wait here. I’ll come get you in a few.”



She disappeared into the room, leaving him out in the hall. He leaned against the wall, desperately wishing he had a cigarette.



What was happening here? He gazed up at the ceiling, as if it would offer an answer.



**********************



The room was quiet and dark.



Willow and Dawn couldn’t possibly be asleep. It was definitely no later than eight o’clock.


“Will? Dawn?”



Buffy flipped on the light. She surveyed her surroundings. The twin beds were neat and untouched. She spotted a white piece of paper on the table.



Buff,



You’ve been gone a few hours now. We aren’t quite sure when to expect you back, so we decided not to wait up. We went to catch a late movie Dawn is just dying to see.



We’ll talk later, cause I know you are going to need some support after all the Angel-Angst.



Lots of X’s, without the O’s (poor us),



Willow



Buffy smiled. Well, Willow may be in a slump without any smoothies, but Buffy had gotten her fair share. And seeing as they had the entire room to themselves, there was a good possibility she would get some more.



Lying the note back down, she headed over to the door. She peeked her head out.



“Spike,” she called.



The vampire came into view. She was again overwhelmed by how much she had missed him. His mere presence had totally flip-flopped her psyche. She had never been so excited about the future before. And to think a few days ago she was practically breaking apart in front of her sister.



“Willow and Dawn went out. So, it is the all clear.”



“Right then,” Spike replied. He stepped inside.



Without speaking, the two sat down on a bed. They were close, but didn’t touch.



“Buffy . . .” Spike began.



She raised her head. “Spike . . .”



They reached for each other. Their mouths crashed together. Hands explored all over. When Buffy started to undo Spike’s pants, he had to stop her.



“Wait,” he panted. “We need to stop.”



Buffy pulled away, her face flushed.



Spike righted his black jeans. “We have to talk.”



“You’re right,” she agreed. “Do you want to start? Or shall I?”



“I wasn’t going to contact you,” Spike blurted.



Her eyes widened. She gaped.



“I was going to leave you be. Let you have your 2.5 children and all. Seemed the right thing to do.”



“Spike . . .”



“I wanted to find you. I wanted to believe what you said was real. I wanted to get out of that hell-hole the poof is running and find my piece of heaven. But you deserve better.”



“Okay, now I think you’ve been hanging around Angel too much!” Buffy was mad. No, furious. How dare he! How dare he fight for her for years and then choose to be all noble when she decided to surrender. How dare he!



Spike took in a deep breath. “When you were the slayer we might have had a go at it. But now you can be just a girl. Isn‘t that what you‘ve always wanted?”



Buffy felt her fire grow larger. “Okay, I’m sick of people acting like they know what I need and want. First of all, I’ll always be the slayer. It is a part of me. So, that means I’m not your average girl. Never was, never will be. And even if I were, I don’t think I’d want it. It’s nice to have a break, yes, but I need to get my energy out once in a while.”



“All I do is bollocks up your life, Buffy.”



Erg, she wanted to punch him in the nose. She clenched her hand into a fist instead.



“Is this your soul talking?” Buffy questioned. “Because if it is I think I’d prefer to have a conversation with your demon.”



Life sparked in Spike’s eyes. “The demon is a right selfish git.”



Buffy took a moment to think. Then she cupped his chin. “Spike- William, you’ve told me what you feel is the right thing to do. Now tell me what you want to do. Right now. At this very moment.”



He drew back, searching her face. “I want . . . I want to feel you.”



She took his hand and placed it on her covered breast.



“Like that?”



He shook his head. “I want to feel your skin.”



She slid his hand under her shirt. She wasn’t wearing a bra and she wasn’t embarrassed about it either.



He indrew an involuntary breath.



“Like that?”


He nodded.



“Spike, now ask me what I want,” she commanded.



Spike pulled his hand away. “Buffy . . .”



Frustrated, she said,” Spike, I think I was falling in love with you before. And I didn’t tell you I loved you because you were dying. I told you it because I thought it would save you. I might still have been falling, Spike, but I know in time I would have hit the bottom.”



“Slayer . . .”



There he was. There was her demon.



Buffy leaned closer. “You’ve been battling for me for years now. I think it’s my turn. Give in, Spike. You know you want to dance.”



His lips twitched. She was close.



“Now, ask me what ‘I’ want.”



“What do you want, Buffy?”



She answered in a barely audible, husky murmur. “I want you. I want all of you as I take the final plunge and hit the bottom. I want to take my chances crashing into the sharp rocks below. Give in Spike.”



A smirk formed on his lips. “I should make you wait three years.”



Without warning, he slammed her against the mattress. “But that would be torture for the both of us.”



She let out a moan as he massaged her breasts through her sweater.



“I thought you wanted to feel my skin,” she got out.



“I do.”



His touch roamed up her bare belly. It was cold against her raging heat. Ah, so good.



The door banged open.



“I can’t believe he didn’t marry her,” came a familiar voice.



“Not every story has a happy ending, Dawn. Sometimes the couple doesn’t end up together. They go their separate ways or one of them dies,” Willow expressed.



The slayer and vampire on the bed froze.



“Or. . . Sometimes they do,” Willow added with wide eyes.



Buffy blushed. “Hey, guys.”



______________________________________________



Okay, I know the Spike wanting Buffy to have a normal life was kinda OOC. But I figure he does let William out more often when he is around her. And his soul is rational and thinking about other people. And he wants the best for her and stuff.