Harmony



Rated- PG13



Summary- There are two vampires with a soul. The world is falling into chaos because of this anomaly. There is no way around it. One of them has to die. But which one?



Spoilers- This takes place after Buffy’s Chosen and Angel’s Destiny



Disclaimer- Joss Whedon owns all the characters from BTVS and ATS. I’m just borrowing. Although, I’m kinda reluctant to give back a certain bleach blonde



Sorry for the delay. I’ve been trying to work on improving my original writing, and sort of neglecting my fanfic.




Chapter 9



Resembling a wild mad man, Angel made his way through Wolfram and Hart. He didn’t slow down until he saw Kate. She stood outside Cordelia’s room, jotting down a few things. She glanced up at him when she heard him approach.



“How is she?” Angel asked.



“She’s fine. A little confused, but that is to be expected. Would you like to see her?”



Why else would he come down here?



“Yes,” he answered.



“Don’t overwhelm her,” the doctor advised.



He nodded, reaching to open the door. The first thing that hit him was the smell of Cordy. Her scent had always been there when he visited, but it was accompanied with the stench that only a hospital could produce. That medicine aroma that made a person shiver involuntarily. That was gone now, and the whole room was filled with the rich perfume of flowers.



His eyes landed on the bed, where she sat. She was very still, and was staring straight at him, but didn’t seem to notice his presence. He felt his chest tighten. The doctor said she was all right. She didn’t look all right. She looked catatonic, although with her eyes open.



Angel slowly moved to her side. He took a hand and laid it on her bare arm. “Cordelia?”



And then she came out of her little world. She blinked, and then gradually brought her head around to face him. Her voice came out low and hoarse,” Angel?”



A giant grin spread across his features. “Yeah.” He hugged her. “Oh, Cordy, we were afraid you would never wake up.”



She didn’t respond, and he grew worried. Something wasn’t right here. He pulled back. He saw the despair seeping out of her.



“Is there something wrong?”



Cordelia put her face in her hands. She was silent for a long time. Angel watched her, at a loss with what to do.



Finally, she lifted her head. She met his dark eyes. “It’s started,” she told him.



***********************



Wolfram and Hart was at rest, but if it had been during the day there would have been a mass of activity. Fred hurriedly walked down the hall, searching for her friends. They were practically the only ones who stayed for late hours, except for the essential staff in the medical department.


She finally bumped into Gunn. He was coming out of his office, straightening his tie.



“Hey, Fred,” he greeted. “I was just heading home.”



“Charles, I don’t think you should be leaving just yet. H-Have you seen the news?” the scientist commented.



“No, why?”



Fred grabbed his arm and pulled him back into his office. She went over to the television that was imbedded into the wall. She flipped through the channels, showing him how every single one displayed the ‘Breaking News’.



She pointed to the screen. “That’s why.”



The news was talking about a huge blizzard. Then he caught the location.



Africa.



“What?” Gunn mumbled.



“Yes, Africa. The world seems to be shifting on its axis here. There are volcanoes erupting in Hawaii, a plague in South America, hurricanes in China, and earthquakes in England.” She shook her head. “I think this is treading on apocalyptic paradoxical occurrences.”



Gunn gaped at the TV. He watched footage displaying some sick children in Brazil.



“Uh . . . Yeah.”



*************************



“I think it is safe for you to go back now, Dawnie,” Willow told the brunette.



“You’re probably right. But I don’t want to walk in on something gross.”


Willow laughed. “That’s what knocking is for.”



“Oh, yeah.”



“Here, I’ll go with you.”



The two exited the hotel room. They were almost to the room Buffy and Spike were in when the door shot open. Spike came out, carrying an unconscious Buffy.



“Oh my God!” Willow exclaimed.



Spike raised his head, startled. “She won’t wake up!” He was in a fluster, lost and scared.



“All right,” Willow said. “Put her down.”



“What?”



“Put her down on the floor.”



Spike seemed doubtful, but complied. With great care, he laid his love down on the blue carpet. Dawn hovered over them, hugging herself.



Willow knelt by the slayer. She placed her hands on both sides of Buffy’s head. She concentrated. After a few minutes, she took her hands off. She looked up at Spike and Dawn.



“It isn’t something physical. It’s paranormal.”



“A spell?” Dawn asked.



“N-No. Something . . .” Willow glanced back at Buffy. “. . . else. I can’t quite pinpoint exactly what the source is. All I got was a sense of darkness. Like something wanted to consume her from the inside out.”



Okay, that was it. Spike couldn’t hear anymore. He took action, hoisting Buffy back into his arms.



“We have to get her to the hospital,” he announced.



“They won’t know what to do,” Dawn stated. “Willow said it was mystical.”



“Not the public hospital, bit. The Wolfram and Hart hospital.”



__________________________________________________



I’m sorry for the shortness of this chapter, but this is a fitting place to stop.