Spike turned his head back to Buffy, the moment his eyes met hers he couldn't say anything. He turned the rest of his body so that they were facing each other.

"Spike . I just wanted to ."

She mentally hit herself. WHY was this so hard!! Spike watched her, she seemed annoyed at herself for some reason, and slightly upset, he studied her features. Her golden hair .. sure it wasn't natural blonde, but then who was these days. Without thinking he touched the stray lock, falling across her face and tucked it behind her ear.

Buffy felt his hands on her hair and blushed, she chuckled slightly and she blushed even more.

"What's up luv?"

She looked at him, smiling slightly.

"Nothing. Just wanted to say something, but its not really coming out right"

He smiled at her again.

"Know what you mean"

Buffy studied his face and then remembered what he'd said to Erin earlier, she breathed in before looking back at his slightly worried face watching her.

"I missed you .."

She watched his face change from worry to an expression she couldn't really read. Erin walked over to her and whispered in her ear.

"What did you say?"

"Oh. Umm just that I missed him"

Both the younger girls smiled at each other, after spending a lot of time with the blonde vampire each of them could read his expressions, the look of pleasure, longing and shock that had passed over his face had caught their attention. Spike looked at Erin, who even though she'd become a little more comfortable with him blanched a little under his gaze.

Dawn stepped up beside her friend putting a reassuring hand on her shoulder. The two girls left the crypt talking quietly, Erin looking slightly calmer and Dawn with a slight grin on her face.

Once they'd gone Spike turned to the small slayer who'd started to tidy up the debris from the small fight between him and the girl he looked down on almost as a sister.

"You don't have to do that luv."

He walked over to her and took the smashed piece of chair out of her hand. He was shocked to find her hand just fall, as though she had no energy. Putting the splint down he took Buffy's small limp hand in his own, and then lifted her head slightly. Her eyes were wet and she pulled her face away from him.

"What is it?"

She smiled slightly

"Nothing .. "

He looked at her again and Buffy felt her heart leap, before letting the tears fall from her eyes. 'Why did he have to be so lovely?! He was a Vampire for god's sake! Not even a good vampire! A bad.. very bad.. Oh god.. his eyes were so.'. Spike watched the changes on her face before smiling at her and then leaning in and kissing her lightly on the lips.

She lent in to the kiss, not really knowing why, but deciding there and then that Giles was right. He did love her, and if she was being honest with herself, she loved him. They pulled back when hearing an excited squeal from outside.

Dawn jumped up and down on the spot, spinning round in circles. Erin looked at Giles who put his arms round her protectively.

"He loves her?"

He nodded and she smiled slightly.

"She loves him?"

Giles looked at the crypt and sighed.

"Yes Erin . I think she does"

Dawn walked over and looked at Erin's smiling face.

"Are you ok?"

"Yes .I'm fine."

Dawn frowned slightly and looked at her friend. She was expecting the Irish girl to be slightly upset, maybe even angry about the situation but the girl just grinned.

"Honestly Dawnie .. I'm fine, just glad he's got someone now"

Dawn grinned at her friend before giggling.

"You know, if she hadn't had him, I would have"

Erin laughed and rolled her eyes.

"I take it it's a family thing."

Giles smiled at the two girls who'd collapsed in to fits of giggles and walked out the graveyard leaving a certain Vampire and Slayer to make things right.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Author's note: HOPE YOU LIKED IT!!! It's finished I'm thinking about maybe writing a sequel soon, one with a little more action in it. Please tell me what you think.

Bye!!

Love lucy XXXXX

Lubelu2002@hotmail.com