Buffy squeezed Spikes hand and looked back to Giles, motioning for him to continue. He nodded and looking at her he continued.

"Yes. Well. her brother was a bit of a drinker. spent his whole life in the local tavern, her parent's weren't proud of their son in anyway and shunned him, focusing all their affections on their daughter"

He took off his glasses and started to clean them as he carried on.

"One evening what Erin described in Latin as an 'Deus Internuntius' In English 'messenger of God' arrived at their house, she got scared and closed the door, but a few moments later there was another knock and she opened the door to find her brother Liam standing there".

Buffy felt Spike look at her, and she turned her head to look back. His eyes were unmoving as he looked at her, a fixed stare that she felt unnerving.

"What?"

Spike turned to Giles.

"Why do you have to tell her?"

"She needs to know"

"WHAT do I need to know?"

They both looked back at her. And Giles replaced his glasses sighing slightly.

"Buffy. Deus Internunti. they're also known in latin as Angelus."

She could feel her heart miss a beat and her eyes fill with tears. Spike reached over and touched her hand slightly and she turned to look at him, holding back tears.

"Angel?"

It came out almost as a whisper, Giles didn't hear it, but Spike's enhanced Vampire senses could hear the slight tremor in her voice. He nodded and smiled slightly at her to reassure her.

* * * * * *

February - England 1900

"William! Please!"

He watched the girl cry, tears forming in his eyes there was nothing he could do. He couldn't stop what was happening to her, not with his arms bound to the chair he was sitting on.

"Come on my pet. don't cry. it won't hurt that much, just a little prickle then all happy again!"

He watched as Dru's eyes widened in glee and followed the poker as it made it's way towards the girl's neck.

"NO!"

He tried pulling away from his chair but was held back by a firm hand on his shoulder.

"She deserves this. You're not going to take the pleasure away"

"Pleasure! That's torture!"

"Oh Spike old boy. Who said the pleasure was hers?"

Drusilla brought the poker towards the tiny white scars on the young vampire's neck, touching it to them and causing a blood red point to show in the middle of each one.

The girl screamed.

* * * * * *

"She's his sister? No. Angelus killed his whole family!"

Buffy had refused to let her emotions get a hold of her. She's known that his sister gave Angel his name, but he'd killed every single member of his family. She looked at Spike for answers, but didn't let go of his hand.

"He did luv, all of 'em, turned Erin though. she was one of the people he'd truly hated as a human, she'd got all the glory from their parents. he wanted to get back at her"

"But. turning, I mean. that's an honour isn't it?"

Spike nodded slightly.

"Can be. but, Angelus wasn't exactly you're average Vampire. he was always one for the ritual killing and stuff. turning his sister was a way for her to suffer more. There are things that you can do to us vamps, that humans would die from."

His voice trailed off and he bowed his head, remembering the screams and taunts from his past.

Dawn stood listening unable to move. She'd wanted to hear about Erin, purely out of interest, but what she was hearing was nothing like what she'd imagined the Irish girl's life story to be like. She let the tears fall down her face and turned away, heading for the exit of the Bronze.