* * * * * *

May - America 1903

"The nights grow shorter my sweet, shorter time for us to make you all nice and pretty"

She watched as her 'sister' laid out the outfit on her bed. She walked over and touched the blouse, running her fingers along the collar, they'd make her look younger than she was. but that didn't matter.

"Where'd they come from Dru? They're lovely."

The other Vampire swirled in her long satin dress.

"Daddy brought them home, got 'em off a spicy girl with soft hair"

She picked up the clothes and undressed, pulling the outfit on afterwards. The white blouse showed her dark hair up and the white tights underneath it set off the deep red of the kilt. She slipped her feet back in to her black shoes and let Dru brush her hair so that it bounced off her shoulders.

"Why?"

"Because Daddy's Mummy's coming tonight. she has a special task to take up and we need you to look all pretty"

She frowned.

"Darla? Why's she coming?"

Drusilla left her hair and proceeded to brush Miss Edith's, tying a ribbon around the doll's dark locks.

"Because the stars call her. Five will become four, my sweet Spike will be the one to go away but she will be the chooser"

She rolled her eyes. Drusilla's endless rambling rarely made any sense it was easier to ignore her than to try and make anything normal out of it. She jumped off her stool and opened her door, walking down the corridor and opening the dark wooden door at the end of it. Walking over she pushed the sleeping form on the bed slightly. It turned over to face her and smiled.

"Heya Platelet. what you want?"

"Why's Darla coming?"

He sat up, looking at her.

"Darla? She's coming?"

"That's what Dru said."

She watched as the blonde Vampire pulled himself out of his bed and pulled on clothes. Turning back to her he raised his eyebrows.

"You look like a 6 year old. Dru pick out your clothes?"

She stood up and looked at herself.

"No. Liam did."

He frowned, she hardly ever got presents from her sire, and if she did they would be the leftovers of the nights hunts, not clothes.

"Whatever pet. come on. lets find out what Darla's coming for"

She took his hand and bounced along beside him like a small child as he lead the way towards the main rooms of the house where Angelus and very probably Darla and Dru were.

"I don't care Angelus! I chose! And that's who's going!"

Darla was sitting on the table as Dru sat playing with her dolls and Angelus paced the floor. Spike dropped her hand as he entered the room and she stood by the door as the blonde vampire walked over and greeted the vampire on the table.

"Darla. nice to see you again. Why you here?"

"Spike. Nice to see you again too. I came to say goodbye."

She stood by the door with a puzzled expression on her face. Darla looked over and smiled at her.

"Hello little one. Been enjoying your sibling time lately?"

She stiffened, the scars and cuts on her back and stomach increasing in their pain as the older vampire asked her this. Angelus walked over and looked over beckoning for her to join them. She started over, her head screaming at her not to go, but her body complying to he brother and sire's command.

"Dru, it's time"

She looked towards the Vampiress who was sitting on the floor, seeing her eyes sparkle in excitement as she got up. Looking at the others in the room she shifted uneasily. They had placed herself in a wide circle round her and Angelus had started to mutter something.

She turned to look at the blonde Vampire behind her, his eyes were a beep blue and he was looking at her. The last thing she ever heard before the piece of ebony pierced her heart was his voice.

"Sorry Platelet. It was fun"

* * * * * *