Author's Note: Yayayayay!! I managed to put a little Spuffy in this chapter. Hope you like!! Please R+R!!!

Love Lucy XXXX

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Giles watched as Buffy stood up and left the Bronze. She'd listened to the story from beginning to end and she hadn't said anything. He knew that it would be hard for her to come to terms with the things that Angel had does to his sister during the time he was soulless. He was also worried for the blonde Vampire that had sat told the story, all the time trying not to let his emotions overcome him. He sat there now looking at his drink and seemed to be holding back tears.

"Spike?"

The Vampire lifted his head and looked at the watcher.

"Could you go and make sure that she's ok? I'm not sure how she's taking this."

He watched as the 'younger' man stood and after pulling his coat on left the way his slayer had left before. Turning to the bar he ordered a drink, and tried to work the best way out of the situation.



Buffy stood outside the Bronze, her eyes stinging and her coat pulled tightly around her against the biting wind. There was so much she'd never known about Angelus, how horrifically evil he could be, how he could hurt without remorse, even his own flesh and blood. She let the tears slide down her face as she thought of the young Irish girl's past. How she'd been tortured, how the only person she'd trusted had betrayed her by letting her be staked. And worst of all. how she'd been brought back, in to a world, in which she was scared and helpless. She leaned in to the folds of the leather as strong arms wrapped their way around her body, and she cried.



Willow climbed the stairs and opened Dawn's door slightly. The two girls had been talking for about 2 hours and now the sounds had died down. She looked at the two forms lying on the bed, both with dark hair, one sitting up, and the other lying, her head upon her friend's pillow. She could see from the dark stains down their cheeks that they'd both been crying, before she closed the door behind her she smiled, seeing Dawn's sleeping form shift to lay facing Erin and both the girls sighed slightly.



Pulling back Buffy smiled at him, turning and opening her front door. He smiled at her before she disappeared in to the house.

"Willow?"

"In here Buffy"

She walked out the kitchen and sighed sitting down next to Willow.

"We have a problem Wills" "I know. Dawnie told me"

Buffy frowned.

"What? How does she know?"

Willow smiled slightly

"She was listening in. no one sent her home and she was curious so she hid and listened to you. she was really upset Buffy"

Buffy nodded and looked at her friend swallowing slightly.

"What Spike said. the things that Angelus did to her! They were horrific!"

Willow nodded and then remembering something she looked at Buffy again.

"How's Spike? He must be feeling awful."

Buffy nodded, she didn't trust herself to say anything. What had passed between her and Spike that night had changed things. She knew that she didn't feel as he did before he left. Scared and confused, she knew now for certain what she felt. she could feel herself smile slightly just thinking about him.

"Buffy? Hello?"

Willow watched her friend's reaction when she started talking about Spike. She poked her friend on the nose.

"Earth to Buffy. why are you so. dreamy?"

Buffy looks back at her with a kind of dreamy expression.

"Oh... I think I might be tired. I'm gonna go up, did Dawnie go to bed?"

Willow smiled and nodded.

"You should see them Buff! They're so sweet!"

The two girls walked upstairs and after looking in to Dawn's room and smiling at each other they separated and went to bed.

Buffy looked of her window before closing the curtains, she smiled again as she caught the slight red glow under the tree outside.

"Goodnight Spike."