Dawn stood and watched her sister go, heart pounding as Willow looked towards her before following Buffy. She felt Spike's hand on her shoulder and turned to look at him, her eyes prickling.

"I'm going to go Niblet"

She looked at him with a lump in her throat and eyes becoming sore from holding back the tears.

"No! You can't! Please Spike! Stay!"

"I can't, you saw your sister's reaction! If you hadn't have been here she probably would have staked me"

"She was just shocked! Please! . Its my birthday."

Watching Dawn try to bravely hold back tears Spike could feel himself giving in. It was only one night, and however much Buffy might hate him he knew that the little slayer wouldn't do anything to purposefully ruin Dawn's birthday.

Dawn watched him closely and grinned, he hadn't changed at all, still hadn't mastered the art of covering up his feelings. His face showed every decision clearly and knowing that he was slowly giving in she grabbed his hand and tugged him towards the Bronze door.

Giles stood listening to Willow's story with unbelieving ears. Once she'd finished he turned to Buffy.

"Buffy. I need you to take Erin back to your house; she can't come in to any contact with Spike. None. I was wondering why her reaction was so bad and this explains why"

Looking at her ex-watcher's worried face Buffy knew not to ask any more at that precise moment, he would tell her when the right time came. So she headed towards the bar, to where the younger girl was sitting.

"Erin?"

The girl turned, still pale faced and shaking slightly, but her eyes had calmed down, not clouded with a fiery terror, as they had been a few minutes before, but questioning.

"Giles asked me to take you back to my house. He has some things to sort out and said that you'd be safest with me"

Buffy watched as Erin's eyes widened in fear again and she reached out taking a hold of Buffy's hand, pulling her nearer as her body started shaking violently and she paled to look almost dead.

Giles saw them enter. Dawn was leading the blonde vampire, who was looking around for people he knew as he fished in his pocket for his lighter. Swearing he looked around for Willow and ran over to her.

"Willow. Go with Buffy. Take Erin NOW! Whatever she says or does, get her out of here"

Willow looked back at him with a puzzled expression but did as he asked. Running over to Buffy she watched the blonde slayer lift the unconscious Irish girl and beckon to Willow for help.

"Oh my god! Buffy what happened?!"

"I don't know, Giles said to take her back to my house and when I told her she just kinda. freaked"

Helping each other carry the unconscious girl they walked slowly back to Buffy's house and laid her on the couch. Willow covered her with a blanket.

"Why do you think she does this? I mean, I'm not exactly happy about the idea of having Demons roaming around, But I don't react like this!"

Buffy walked in holding a hot water Bottle and placing it under the girl's feet.

"I don't know Will. Giles does and I think it's got something to do with Spike. he wouldn't tell me though"

Both the girls looked at Erin's pale form. Willow watched the girl's rapid breathing slow as she drifted deeper in to unconsciousness, Buffy walked over and touched her shaking form, lifting the water bottle from under the girl's feet to place it behind her head.

Willow helped, holding her head up as Buffy placed the water Bottle in it's bear-shaped cover under Erin’s neck. Scooping her hair out the way Buffy stopped, looking at the girl's neck.

"Will."

Willow followed Buffy's gaze, looking at Erin's neck to where two tiny scars lay, almost unnoticeable against the girl's pale skin except for a blood red dot in the centre of each one.