Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to everyone for all their patience. I'm sorry it took so long for updates. Blame Katrina, not me. Now that things are back to normal I hope to start writing again. Reviews and comments would be greatly appreciated since I feel a bit rusty right now.
Chapter 7 Trust Given

After walking in silence for a while, Buffy finally spoke. “Spike, do you have thrall?”

“Thrall?” He snorted. “No. That’s for pansies who don’t want to do any work when they go hunting.”

“But Dru has thrall doesn’t she?”

“Yeah, so?”

“So it would stand to reason that you have some of the same gifts she does, right?” Spike stopped walking and turned to stare at her incredulously. “So maybe you have it even if you don’t realize you have it.” Buffy continued not looking at him.

“Bloody hell. You think that I put some kind of thrall mojo on you to make you react the way you did to my biting you?!”

Buffy still wouldn’t look at him, but her face turned a bright red color. Spike grabbed her arm and turned her to face him.

“Listen to me very carefully, Slayer, because I WON’T be saying this again. I don’t have thrall and I’m not doing anything to you. I won’t hurt you, I’m not playing with you and I’m not trying to make you do or feel anything against your will. We have a deal, you and I. We are working together to get out of this mess and I don’t break my deals. When I give my word to something than it means something. Just because you can’t control your body’s reactions is no reason to put that off on me.”

“I CAN too control my body. I am very good at controlling myself, just ask Angel. And if you don’t have thrall than why didn’t Angel ever have that kind of effect on me, huh?”

The smile that spread across Spike’s face should have let her know she just said something wrong, but she was too upset to think about it. She was hungry, tired and scared; and these feelings, or whatever they were, that kept popping were confusing her.

Spike, meanwhile, had been berating himself in his mind since the incident before. It had been one thing to have a truce with the Slayer not once, but twice. However, his reaction to washing her back and what had happened while she was sleeping was completely unacceptable.

He was a vicious killer and this was his prey, the Slayer!!!

The worst part was after he pulled that centipede creature off of her he had the overwhelming urge to comfort her and be nice! And for a brief moment, he even wanted to kiss her; he wanted to find out if those lush lips tasted as sweet as they looked.

But as it turned out, the Slayer wasn’t as disgusted by these events as she pretended. In fact, it seemed like she was as affected as he was.

‘Angel never had that affect on her?’ he thought to himself. ‘Well, well, well.’

“So you get more of a reaction from the Big Bad biting you, than you did from the Poofter?”

“I didn’t say that!”

“Yes you did. You said ‘why didn’t Angel ever have that kind of effect on me’. ”

“You are just impossible. Forget I said anything.” Buffy fumed. She wrenched her arm away from him and stormed down the cavern.

Unwilling to let this go, Spike followed after her still wearing his large grin. He let her stew for a few minutes before speaking.

“Maybe its because Angel’s too tame for the likes of you. Maybe you need a bit more edge to your man.”

”That ridiculous!!” Buffy scoffed. “Angel’s a vampire too, remember? He was the Scourge of Europe.” She stopped and reminded herself that wasn’t a good thing and Angel certainly wouldn’t appreciate her bragging about that fact.

“He WAS part of it, so was I. The key word in his case being ‘WAS’. Now he’s just an ineffectual, brooding, whining, git who can’t even get his rocks off without become a supreme wanker with more than a few screws loose.”

Buffy glared at Spike. “I really hate you, you know that right?” She looked away. “And Angel is not ineffectual. He helps me all the time.”

‘With cryptic clues and disappearing acts.’ A voice in her head sounded. ‘Lets not forget the mixed signals about our whole relationship I have been wading through for over two years now.’

Buffy pushed aside the treacherous thoughts.

“I love Angel and there is nothing you and your thrall can do to make me stop.”

Furious, but unable to explain why, Spike moved without thinking. Without another word he spun around, grabbed her hips and pushed her back against the moss covered wall. Buffy put her hands against his chest to push him away, but found herself unable to do so.

Boy, her hands fit nicely over his pecs.

Spike pressed the full length of his body against hers. “I told you before I don’t have thrall Slayer.” He whispered against her ear, causing her to shiver against him.

Bad shivers.

Not good shivers.

Not the kind of shivers that raced through her body and centered in her groin.

And she certainly did not feel heat radiating through her hips from where his hands gripped her.

“So when you have reactions like that.” He said noticing the increase in her heart rate. “Its all on you pet, not me.”

He watched her eyes darken and felt himself harden against her. He knew he should let her go, get away from her and get himself under control. But he couldn’t seem to make himself let go.

He was shocked when he eyes took on a defiant edge to them and she pressed herself more tightly against him, grinding her hips against his pelvis.

A strangled moan escaped, before he could stop himself.

“Really, Spike?” Buffy murmured. Her voice was as sweet as honey. Her warm hands began to move slowly over his chest. “Because it feels to me like it’s on both of us.”

She looked up into his clear blue eyes now unfocused with lust. She felt his hands move lower trying to get beyond the thin material of his shirts that covered her. She arched even more towards him, trying to help him.

This was not what she had planned, she had just wanted him to shut up and quit playing with her. She wasn’t planning on getting caught in her own trap, but his hands felt so good and his body pressed into her had her trembling in his arms.

‘God, she was warm’, Spike thought.

Trying to hold onto Drusilla, even when she was lucid and not crying for her ‘Daddy’, was like trying to hold onto a shard of ice.

Cold and sharp. Satisfying in its own way for a vampire.

Never before had Spike felt anything like this. Buffy was warm and soft, with an underlying steel. He remembered his dream before, pounding inside of her, while drinking her blood. Surrounded by this warmth, while at the same time feeling it coursing through his veins. Feeling her hot breath whimpering in his ear, crying out for him, not Angel.

With a growl he gripped her bottom tightly completely unable to let her go. He forced himself to pull back slightly to look into her eyes needing to see if this is what she really wanted. He found no hesitation, confusion or fright. Just a desire that seemed as out of control as his own.

Her eyes were so clear and deep, he felt like she was already swallowing him up whole.

“Buffy…” He stopped, unsure of what to say, but certain if he kept speaking love sonnets would pour from his lips.

“Spike…” She answered. It was a plea. A plea for him, sounding so much like his dream he lost all control.

He kissed her hard, her mouth opened under him automatically under his without any hesitation. Their tongues curled around each other, trying to alleviate some of the need that was building up inside of them.

One of her hands stopped its exploration of his chest and wrapped around his neck, trying to make sure he couldn’t get away from her, couldn’t stop whatever it was he was doing that was causing this burn inside of her.

Spike growled again at her gesture, causing her to gasp against him when she felt the vibrations run through her whole body. She raised on leg and wrapped it over his hip, needing to feel him closer.

He needed to be closer to her. Much, much closer.

Spike couldn’t take it anymore; he had to be inside of her. The warmth of her sex was burning him, even through the heavy denim and zipper of his pants. He tore his mouth from hers, giving her one more deep kiss when he saw her tongue slip out as if chasing his.

He rested his forehead against her while he tried to collect his tangled thoughts enough to form words. He noticed he was gasping in time with her so that every exhale she made he inhaled it; the intimacy of the act had him trembling.

“Slayer.” He gasped. “Buffy, if we don’t stop now, I won’t be able to. So you have to be sure.”

He watched his words sink into her brain through her lust. Her eyes widened as she realized exactly WHAT was going on.

Spike cursed himself for giving her an out, but he couldn’t take her with the risk that she would later regret it and look at him with loathing.

The irony of that wasn’t lost on him either.

“Behind you.” Buffy gasped out.

Her voice startled him back to the present, but he was confused. “What?” He asked dumbly.

Her eyes were wide with panic now. “Behind you!!!” She screamed. She dug her nails into his flesh where her arms were and threw them both to the side so they landed inelegantly in a heap on the ground.

Just barely missing a large stone club that fell where they were just standing.

Buffy immediately untangled herself and jumped up. While Spike’s brain tried to catch up with what was happening. His eyes followed the source of the club to a large lizard creature that stood a good foot taller than either of them. It had long arms that ended with sharp claws and razor sharp teeth in its large mouth.

Out of the corner of his eyes, Spike saw something moving towards him quickly. He moved instinctively, rolling backwards on the ground, over his head. When he came to his feet he stood quickly and jumped back. The end of the creature’s tail, which looked almost like and axe blade, missed his nose by a fraction of a centimeter.

He glanced towards Buffy and saw her looking at him worriedly. He couldn’t help the cocky grin that came over him and he raised an eyebrow as if to say ‘Well of course I’m all right.’

She shook her head, and then jumped farther away from him to avoid the tail as it swung towards her.

Spike couldn’t see her land because the creature was suddenly facing him and between them. He did hear her yell, though. “Spike!!! There are more of them back here.”

The one in front of him tried to strike at him with its mouth, looking like a bird trying to catch a worm. Spike managed to avoid it, but then the stone club met him directly in the chest and batted him back towards the creature’s mouth. He lay on his back, stunned. It probably would have been the moment that he died, if he hadn’t seen something that scared him into action.

He moved without thought. His voice was already screaming out Buffy’s name as he vamped and launched himself at the lizard, deftly avoiding its talons as he moved towards its throat.

“Buffy, run!! Get out of here, now!” He screamed. Whether she couldn’t hear him over the noise of the battle or she couldn’t get away, he didn’t know. He grabbed the creature’s head and twisted it violently. Its teeth managed to grab onto one of his arms, but he moved quickly and while the bite was painful, but his arm was still attached.

Spike didn’t even pause, as the creature’s neck snapped and it fell to the ground. He moved on, until he was standing next to Buffy who was facing four more of the creatures.

She had several cuts on her; he could smell the perfume of her blood in the air. None of her injuries appeared to be too serious, but he could see the exhaustion in her eyes as she tried to avoid all four tails, clubs, and teeth.

The creatures, seeing Spike’s arrival decided to split up their attack with two of the reptiles focusing on him instead.

“RUN!” He roared at her. She looked at him surprised. “Don’t look at me stupidly, run!” He insisted. “I’ll hold them off until you get away.”

They both ducked and rolled away from two different attacks.

“Have you lost your mind?” She yelled when she stood up. “I’m not leaving you here alone.”

“You have to get out of here now.” He screamed. Then, he launched himself at one of the creatures. This time he wasn’t so lucky and felt one of its talons rip into his legs. He didn’t stop moving though, even as he yelled out in pain. He grabbed the creature’s head and snapped its neck.

Before the creature could fall, another one grabbed him by the waist and threw him against the wall. He was dismayed to find Buffy by his side instantly.

“Run.” He gasped. “It’s going to get you.” His voice wasn’t nearly as strong as before since the pain was beginning to sink into him.

“What..” Then she saw. It was moving quickly along the ceiling, about to overtake the reptiles.

The centipede creature.

“Oh my god.” Buffy said.

“You have to run, Slayer. You have to go now.”

Buffy shook her head no, but her eyes never left the creature moving along the ceiling. She watched as it came to where the reptile creatures now circled her and Spike who were back against the stone wall.

The reptiles lifted their clubs and Buffy decided that she would rather die like that, than let the centipede steal her life force. She wasn’t even aware of the fact she was gripping Spike’s hand tightly, as she faced, what she was certain was her death.

Luckily fate intervened. The centipede creature decided to drop down on the unmoving reptiles, thinking them to be boulders. The reptile it landed on, screeched out in shock and its comrades acted immediately. Thinking their brother was in danger; they began clubbing the centipede that crawled down his head.

The attacked reptile retaliated by swinging at his attackers and soon all three were busy trying to kill each other, forgetting about Spike and Buffy. The centipede was partially smashed in between them, but parts of it were still moving and its working antenna reached out towards Buffy from the melee.

Spike slowly stood up, letting go of Buffy’s hand. He stretched trying to make sure all of his parts were attached. He looked down at the Slayer who was still crouched there anticipating a deathblow.

“We need to get out of here.” He told her quietly, not wanting to attract their attention again. He extended his hand to her, to help her up.

She looked up at him for a moment. He was still in game face; blood soaked his jeans and ran down his arm.

“You are going to need to feed to heal fast.” She stated.

Spike didn’t say anything, knowing she was right, but unable to ask.

Buffy looked into his eyes as she reached up to take his hand. “But we need to get a lead on them first. Then we can stop get some blood into you.”

After he helped her stand she squeezed his hand lightly. They moved away from the fight still going on behind them. Every few steps until they rounded the corner, one of them would look back to make sure the centipede hadn’t escaped yet.