Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you to all of the readers and reviewers for this tale.
spuf
ALL MANNER OF MONSTERS


Chapter 13: ‘That In Itself’


Summary: Spike and Buffy ‘bond’ in this chapter. I’m afraid there’s not much more to it.


Spike held Buffy’s tiny, damp body to his own sweat slicked body. He paid no attention to the fact that it was not yet sunset and that Buffy and him were in the middle of a deserted picnic area.

Their urgent coupling had been fast, heated and nearly violent in nature. However, neither Spike nor Buffy seemed to mind ‘that’ in the least. They had made love and that, in itself, is all that had mattered.

Buffy’s head was buried into Spike’s shoulder, even as he was careful not to crush her with his weight. He embraced her so tightly that it was hard to say where her body began and his ended.

‘Such a tiny thing,’ he thought lovingly as he breathed in Buffy’s fragrant blond hair. The sweet smell of jasmine and vanilla she used to shampoo her golden locks brought back a jolting memory to Spike.


‘Flashback; Spike’s POV’


William stood, staring at the hastily written note in his hand. Buffy was gone, period, just like that.

Only three hours earlier, Buffy and William had been in bed together, laughing, talking and making plans. They had cuddled up; chatting about the flat they would rent together, in Berkeley. It would turn out to be the one of the happiest memories in William’s miserable life.

‘Oh, Jesus, the room still smells of her special scent,’ William realized. His heart felt like it was shattering at the thought. ‘Vanilla and jasmine,’ he swiped at the threatening tears in his eyes.

Now? Buffy was gone, just like that. Only a quickly written note left behind to explain what? Some stupid and surely false reasons for breaking William’s heart were written hastily.

‘I do love you Will,’ Buffy’s words blared out at him. ‘I think I always will, but…’

“Liar,” William had hissed angrily. “Bloody bitch of a liar,” he growled. He could not help but read the rest of Buffy’s horrible lies, written on a pad of paper provided by the Hilton.

‘It was a wonderful dream, sweet William,’ Buffy continued in her neat, girlish script. ‘But a dream is all it was Will. I have to go now. Please believe that I do love you. Love always, Buffy’

“Fucking bitch!” William had roared wildly at the blasphemous sign off.

“Lying, deceitful bitch!” he muttered, trying to fight the desperate rage in inside of him.

“Buffy!” He wailed like a male banshee and began to break anything he could find in the room. His horrid, mournful wailing and the loud crashes of his destruction eventually brought the hotel’s security to the room. William could have not cared less. ‘She’ was gone. His Buffy had left him behind to wallow in his own self pity and misery.


Of course, William Giles, being the son of Rupert Giles, had searched, non-stop for what seemed like eons. He searched for his Buffy Winters, everywhere he could think of. After that horrific day in the Hilton hotel room that she had abandoned him in.

Santa Barbara had been William’s first stop, and the University there. There was no record of a Buffy Winters anywhere in the college’s files, so William turned his search elsewhere.

He had even called on friends like Scott and Larry, college buddies, to help him search out and find Buffy Winters. After extensive research and countless hours spent on a computer that William hated with a passion? Nothing. Zero. Zilch.

It had been months, nearly a year, actually, since spring break and William sat at a coffee bar, in Berkeley. He was alone, a situation he seemed to prefer these days, and he was leafing through some stupid, inane rag of a magazine.

When he got to the ‘Passages’ section of the current issue; William’s heart stood still. He glared, openly at the picture in the magazine and the caption that followed:

‘LA’s own, Riley Finn is shown here,’ the article’s author gushed, “is shown here, accompanied by the lovely Elizabeth ‘Buffy’ Summers. An old Finn family friend.’

William just stared at the insipid article, stunned beyond words. Here was his, William’s, Buffy. On the arm of one of the most notoriously dangerous men in California, if not the whole of the United States.

“Jesus, Buffy,” William gasped in shock. He dropped the fucking ridiculous magazine and pulled his cell phone from his back pocket.

“Dad,” William greeted his father, Rupert Giles, coolly. “I need to see you, talk to you.”


‘Present day’


Buffy’s moist mouth was buried into Will’s pale skin; her head lounged, lazily against his shoulder. She allowed him to pull her body, closer to his, in a warm embrace.

“Buffy,” she heard him murmur against the top of her head.

“Mmmm,” Buffy mumbled in a muffled purr against his chest.

Spike chuckled softly and tightened his embrace about Buffy’s little body. He nuzzled her hair and cheek with his lips while his left hand drew lazy circles on her back.

“Princess,” he whispered tenderly into her ear, “I think we’d better pull ourselves together and move away from here, huh? I mean I don’t want to leave and all, but it’s nearly sunset and I’m sure if we found this place, then some teens will surely be around soon. The ones that only come out at night that is.”

“Oh, right,” Buffy murmured as she looked up into Will’s blue eyes. The look of utter adoration in them, for her, nearly caused Buffy to cry. It was all just too overwhelming.

“Is Andrew going to be back soon? Is he going to take me back to my folks’ place?” Buffy asked shyly. She was suddenly very aware of just where Will and she were and what they had just done together.

“No, Andrew is not coming back, luv,” Spike whispered gently, placing a tender kiss on Buffy’s funny little nose. “I’m your driver tonight and I am definitely ‘not’ taking you back to your folks’ house, in Sunnydale.”

“Oh,” Buffy whispered again, a little confused. A slight look of uncertainty and possible regret passed over her wide green eyes.

Spike felt a pang of remorse shoot through his heart, when he saw the insecurity in his Buffy’s lovely eyes. However, he shook it off quickly. He had made plans for Buffy tonight, even before their ‘reconciliation’ of sorts and he had no intention of changing them now.

“I’ve rented a hotel room. In Sunnydale, by the ocean,” he confessed in a quiet voice. “I’m taking you there, to my room tonight, Princess.” He searched her emerald eyes for some spark of consent, fearing he’d see rejection again. The look of total trust in Buffy’s eyes nearly overwhelmed Spike and he shivered in anticipation of what they would ‘do’ later on. Buffy still had that affect on him.

“There’s a ton of stuff we need to discuss Princess,” he murmured as he pressed his forehead against hers. “Not to mention a ton of ‘stuff’ we need to do.” Spike finished with a warm, naughty little grin.

Buffy felt her whole body shiver in anticipation at what William had just said. He still had this affect on her, even after seven years of being apart.

She gazed into Will’s beautiful, soulful blue eyes and sought out that adoration she’d noticed earlier. The relief overwhelmed her, when she found what she sought in his indigo eyes.

‘There it is,’ she thought happily when she found the loving gleam in her lover’s expressive orbs.

“Okay Will,” Buffy replied simply, but her warm, tender smile spoke the volumes that Spike needed to hear. Nothing on earth would keep Buffy from William’s strong, tender arms tonight. No matter how risky it might turn out to be.

Spike placed an almost chaste kiss on Buffy’s sweet lips and proceeded to help her straighten her little dress. Buffy was going along with him and he was just a little overwhelmed at the thought. After that, he pulled his jeans up over his hips, zipping them up quickly.

“You’ve got to be famished,” Spike stated more then asked. “What say we stop, get some food and then…”

“Can we get a take out pizza Will?” Buffy asked suddenly, her voice a little shaky. “Have it in your hotel room?

“Our hotel room,” Spike corrected her gently. “I rented the room, for the both of us Buffy. Even before…” he didn’t finish his sentence, verbally. Just leaned in and kissed her perfect little mouth again.

They must have gotten back to the hotel room in record time. Even after ordering and picking up the pizza.

Without any sense of false decorum or propriety, Buffy tore into the pizza box and began to scarf down a huge slice. She had taken only a few bites before she realized that William was not eating at all, just staring at her.

“What?” Buffy asked shyly. Her huge green eyes were the epitome of innocence as she perused Spike’s countenance.

“Nothing sweet,” Spike replied with a soft laugh. He picked up a slice of pizza and tried to seem interested in it.

“No, seriously Will. What's wrong?” Buffy laid down her pizza slice, back in the box, and gazed at William, confused.

“I just…” he began but couldn’t seem to finish. He felt an overwhelming ache inside of him. This had all played out before, seven years ago in San Diego and he suddenly felt so very weak and vulnerable.

‘Oh shit,’ he gasped silently, willing the threatening tears in his eyes away. ‘I’m such a fucking ponce,’ he derided himself.

“Don’t you like the pizza?” Buffy asked in a hushed, childish voice.

“I…” Spike tossed the offensive slice of pepperoni pizza back into the box. He reached over to Buffy and grabbed her by her slim arm and pulled her to him, roughly.

“I don’t give a rat’s arse about the pizza Princess,” he rasped as he placed several kisses on her forehead, then her cheeks and lips. “Only care about you,” he growled, pushing her back against the huge couch.

Once he had covered her little body with his own, Spike began to kiss place soft, tender kisses on her cheeks and mouth.

“Will,” Buffy squeaked in false protest, “my dress is yucky! It’s got grass stains all over it and…”

“Problem solved,” Spike mumbled as he lifted her upper body up and pulled the blue sundress over her chest and head. He threw it next to the couch and continued his assault on her lips, neck and bare chest.

“I’m all pizza’d up, Will,” Buffy whimpered in somewhat mock embarrassment. “I bet I smell like a regular pizzaria!”

“Who gives a fuck,” Spike growled playfully. He took a lovely little pink nipple in his mouth and began to suck on it, greedily.

Buffy giggled wildly, a nice change from earlier when she’d cursed him, and Spike took this as a green light to continue. Without missing a beat, he slipped her wonderful little pink nub from his mouth and began to run his warm, wet tongue between her luscious breasts.

“Stop!” Buffy squealed half-heartedly as she wriggled her slim hips against his. “I’m all yucky, Will, please!” She squeaked in a high-pitched voice.

“Make me,” Spike rasped while he ran his tongue down her tummy, headed to his obvious destination.

“NO!” Buffy yelped giddily, thrusting her whole body up which caused William to roll off the couch, taking Buffy with him. He landed on his back and butt, his left arm clasped about her back and his right around her hips.

“If you wanted to be on top, Princess,” Spike chuckled wickedly, “all’s you had to do was ask.”

“Oh, you,” Buffy muttered with a mock bat at his chest with her hand. She wiggled her hips around until she was sitting upright, on his crotch.

“On second thought,” Buffy giggled again, “I think I like it on top!”

Spike raised up his hips and tore at his belt and zipper. He pulled his jeans down, himself, then pulled Buffy’s little naked bottom down to meet his hard cock.

“I like you on top too,” he moaned, seriously as he directed Buffy’s wet cunny down onto his excited shaft.

“Uhm, oh that’s nice,” Buffy purred even as she slid down onto Will’s beautiful cock. “So very nice,” she finished with a feminine growl.

“Better’n nice,” Spike replied with a purely masculine growl. “Hot and sweet; perfect,” he moaned. “Always perfect for me, Buffy.”

Buffy began to rotate her hips, up and down and around on William. She threw her head back; her long golden mane fell down her naked back.

“Oh, Jesus Buffy,” Spike moaned in pleasure. “Don’t stop that, please!” He tightened his large hands on her petite hips and guided her movements atop him.

“Does that feel good Will?” Buffy asked coyly with half closed eyes. Her smile was a play in slyness.

“You know it feels amazing,” Spike hissed, bucking his hips up to meet hers. “You were always amazing sweet. God, I’ve missed you so much,” he whimpered.

“Missed you,” Buffy whispered rapidly, increasing her hip motion and the friction against his cock and hips.

“I love you,” Spike murmured, reverently. “Always will,” he added with a groan. His hands were busy fondling Buffy’s large, meaty breasts.

‘They’re bigger then before,’ Spike realized, suddenly of Buffy’s plump titties. ‘Must be the baby?’

Spike’s mind returned to the pleasure at hand when he began to feel his building release, deep inside of him. He could tell by Buffy’s short, breathy pants that she was so fucking close, just like he was.

Half sitting, half pulling her upper body down to meet his, Spike began to kiss Buffy’s mouth and neck again.

“That’s my baby,” he rasped. “Cum for me, for your man,” he continued to thrust up even as she pounded down onto him.

They came together, joyfully. Just like they always did once, long ago.

Buffy lay on top of William, collapsed on top of him, actually. Her sleepy eyes were nearly closed in sated sexual bliss.

Spike held her close to his slick body and ran his left hand up and down her bare back. He kept placing little kitten kisses on the top of her soft golden head. It still amazed him that Buffy was here, in his arms. She would never leave him again; he’d make sure of that.

After minutes of comfortable silence together, Buffy suddenly pulled her head up and back and looked into William’s blue eyes.

“Seriously Will,” Buffy whispered suddenly, her green eyes full of confusion. “What ‘will’ I do for clothes here?”

Spike burst out into laughter and pulled her back down into his chest. A part of him wanted to tease her for a while, but the other thought it better to tell her the truth.

“Well,” he began thoughtfully, “I would prefer that you wear nothing at all around here but…”

“Will! I mean it!” Buffy cried in frustration. “What am I going to do for clothes? My dress is near ruined and well, you did rip my panties off. On the grass, at the picnic place."

“Okay baby,” Spike chuckled lowly. “Before I drove up here? I stopped at a mall and bought a few things for you. Had to guess your size but I’m pretty sure I figured it right so, no worries.”

Buffy scrunched up her brows and mouth and looked at him through narrowed eyes. “Pretty sure of yourself, aren’t you,” she asked in an even tone. She threw in a pretty little pout, just for good measure.

“Not really,” Spike shrugged, “but I hoped and well, it did turn out the way I wanted. And you wanted. Right?” He gave her a hopeful look.

“Right,” she sighed in contentment and buried her face back into his snuggly chest once again.

They lay there for a while longer, quietly, until Spike finally spoke up.

“How about a shower?” He raised his left brow, seductively at Buffy and grinned wickedly.

“A shower would be nice,” Buffy giggled against his neck.

“After we finish the pizza,” Buffy added with authority. “I don’t want to smell like garlic when we go to bed. She gave him a mischievous wink and reached to the table for her discarded slice of pepperoni pizza.

“True,” Spike nodded as he reached for his own slice, his right arm still tightly clasped about her slim shoulders.

“After the show,” Spike began matter-of-factly, “we’ll ‘talk’ and such.” He munched on his pizza, but watched Buffy, carefully.

“Talk?” Buffy sounded almost disappointed. This made Spike grin widely.

“Well, talk later,” he added in a non-committed manner. “I think we should eat desert first,” he finished.

“What’s for desert?” Buffy asked innocently as she chewed on her near cold slice of pizza.

“You,” Spike replied.


A/N: Short chapter for me. I wanted to post this before I lost all hope of continuing on.

In the next chapter, Spike will lay the law down about Buffy’s going back to Riley in any way. (Hint: He’s against it!) Shock: She’ll agree and even come up with a plan to avoid Mr. Finn, indefinitely.

Spike and Xander will step up their efforts to bring Riley Finn down.

Buffy and Spike just may bond with Dawn, at the zoo!


Thanks for reading and please review, spufette