Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm trying to keep this fic going, hope you readers enjoy!
Thanks,
spuf
ALL MANNER OF MONSTERS


Chapter 15: ‘Rip/It/Down!’


Summary: I’ll let the chapter speak for itself!


“I don’t want to go back to LA,” Spike was almost whimpering as he held Buffy close to him. They were snuggled up together, in the hotel room’s big, comfy bed.

“I know, and I don’t want you to go back,” Buffy countered evenly, “but you have to. If we want Riley out of all of our lives, forever? Then you have to go back and meet up with your partner, Xander. You have to take Riley out, Will,” Buffy whispered harshly.

“Like I said,” he continued, “I can hook you up with people that can take you, hide you and our daughter out and…”

“And what?” Buffy muttered, “hide out forever? Instead of for a few years, like we have? Will,” she whined as she clutched him to her, “I want to be free. To be with you, our child. You’re so close to nailing Riley and I can’t stand the thought of him slipping through your fingers now.”

Spike sighed, heavily and pulled his little treasure to his naked body. “I know,” he choked out reluctantly. “I just don’t want to go back to LA and leave you here, alone.”

“I won’t be alone,” Buffy smiled against his bare chest. “I’m having Willow and Tara come up, for a week, soon. They’re coming up to help me renovate the house and get it ready to sell,” she giggled. “Tara and Willow can’t stand Riley,” she added mischievously.

“Big club that,” Spike chuckled as he planted a kiss on Buffy’s golden head. “I don’t think Finn has too many fans,” he grunted.

“No, but you do,” Buffy whispered softly. “Me, our daughter. We love you so much, Will.”

“You do, don’t you?” Spike asked in awe. “I mean,” he continued, “even Dawnie. She loves me and she has no idea that I’m her real Da and you’re her Mum. It’s amazing, isn’t it?”

“Yes, it is,” Buffy sighed in contentment. “We’re you’re number one fans William Giles,” Buffy giggled happily.

“I can make my appearances, during the day, for Finn,” Spike mumbled, almost to himself. “Then come up here at night to be with you,” he added, deep in thought.

“I’d love that,” Buffy said shyly, stroking Will’s muscled bicep with her tiny hand. “Dawn thinks you’re neat,” she added with a sweet laugh. “She thinks you’re the coolest. With your bleached blond hair and black clothing? Our daughter thinks you’re the best thing since popcorn!”

“What does her mother think?” Spike asked, a little insecure for some reason.

“Dawn’s mother thinks that you’re the best thing since sex,” Buffy murmured into Spike’s left ear.

“Oh, I’m so definitely going to be back up here each night,” Spike growled as he flipped over to cover Buffy with his naked body.

Spike made love to Buffy for hours after that, careful to fulfill her every need and whim. Just like she fulfilled his.

They lay, later, basking in the afterglow of their lovemaking and Buffy decided to reveal even more information to her lover.

“Will,” she began quietly, “I need to tell you some things,” she murmured softly. “About after I left you in San Diego,” she stuttered.

“We don’t have to go over this again, Princess,” he muttered, reluctant to rehash the whole mess.

“But we do,” Buffy countered in a strangled voice. “It’s about why I didn’t try to find you, after spring break and all. When I found out I was pregnant with Dawn,” she finished with a shiver.

“I understand,” he tried to assure her. “You were young; your folks had bowed to Riley Finn’s threats and…”

“There’s more,” Buffy blurted desperately. “A lot more, Will. About my folks and their ties to Riley; about my cousin Faith and her husband Jesse. You remember them, right? My cousin Faith and her husband?”

“Vaguely,” Spike scowled in the dark of the room. “I remember you telling me that your cousin’s husband was being threatened by Riley and your dad?”

“Yes,” Buffy rasped, “but there was more. After all that in San Diego. It was later, after my folks and Riley found out about me being pregnant,” Buffy mumbled, nervously. She clutched at William, even more desperately now.

“I hadn’t had Dawn yet,” Buffy continued hesitantly, “she wasn’t due for another six weeks. One day, while I was reading in my old bed room, at the Sunnydale house? My mom came to my room and shut the door behind her; almost slammed it. I could tell by the look in Mom’s eyes that something was terribly wrong.”

“What happened,” Spike asked with a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach.

“Mama told me, right there and as matter-of-factly as you please that Jesse and Faith were both dead.” Buffy let the sentence trail off, weakly.

“Dead?” Spike asked, confused.

“Yes,” Buffy answered with a firm not of her head. “Mama said that Jesse was on drugs, PCP I think,” she choked out. “Mama said that Dad told her that Jesse got high and murdered Faith, then killed himself and that there was all kinds of drugs in his body.”

“But you don’t believe that, do you?” Spike asked quietly.

“No. I never did,” Buffy finished with a sob.

“Riley had Jesse and Faith murdered,” Buffy wept to William as he tried to comfort her. “I know it. The news, from Mama, sent me into early delivery with Dawn. Our daughter barely survived, Will,” she admitted sadly. “I prayed, constantly that our little girl would live and grow up to become a better woman then I could ever be.”

“You are a great woman, Princess,” Spike stated, huskily. “You’re the greatest woman I’ve ever known and I love you so much. I can’t stand the fact that you had to face all that shit, all alone,” he spat with a frown. “I’d like to snap Riley Finn’s neck, with my bare hands!” Spike roared angrily, thinking of Buffy at the mercy of that monster. To think that their daughter, precious Dawn, had nearly not made it, due to that selfish, horror of man, Riley Finn.

“How you could know?" Buffy whispered lovingly,” I couldn’t tell you. I couldn’t really seek you out, baby,” she added somberly. “If Riley did what he did to Faith and Jesse, then what would he do to you? The father of ‘my’ child?”

“Still,” Spike groaned in disgust, “if I’d have known I’d have…”

“You’d have swooped down and saved me,” Buffy murmured warmly. “Me and our daughter,” she cooed, stroking Will’s bleached blond curls, tenderly.

“But I had no idea how to find you and you’d been mislead,” she finished callously. “There’s no point in dragging this up again. It’s in the past and we can’t change it. Right?”

“Right,” Spike sighed in frustration. “I wish we could but you’re right, we can’t. However,” he purred, “we can make sure our future is right, can’t we Princess?” He ran his large hands over her naked body, lovingly.

“We can,” Buffy assured him as she purred under his ministrations. “We will,” she promised.

Buffy watched as Tara McClay, Willow’s girlfriend, surveyed the great wreck of the Summers' mansion.

“Well,” Tara began, carefully, “I can’t say it’s my cup of coffee, but…”

“Change it,” Buffy hissed defiantly to the tall blond decorator.

“Change it?” Tara asked, a little more confused then ever.

“Change all of it,” Buffy ordered again. “Rip the whole fucking thing apart if you have to,” she barked. “Destroy everything that’s here and rebuild it, if you must.”

“Buffy,” Tara laughed, nervously, “I didn’t mean that the whole house was a disaster, just some things about it are…”

“I said to rip the fucking place down and start over if you have to,” Buffy growled. “I don’t care if you gut the monstrosity,” she continued, harshly. “I hate this fucking house. If you have to burn it and rebuild out of the ashes, then do it? Then do it,” she repeated firmly.

“Willow,” Tara whispered in shock to her girlfriend, “I think Buffy needs to relax and…”

“Do what she says,” Willow nodded at Tara. “Anything Buffy wants done? Do it. She’s owed,” the red-head whispered as she patted Buffy’ on her slim shoulder.

“Kay,” Tara shrugged in defeat.

Buffy watched the clock in Father Levy’s office, as she read a huge book to her daughter, Dawn. Even if the child did not know that Buffy was her mother, not her sister.

“Why are you watching the clock, Buffy?” Dawn asked, seriously. “You’ve been watching the clock since you got here,” the young girl added, puzzled.

“I just, uhm, well, I…” Buffy stammered, unsure as to how to answer her child.

“Is it Mr. Spike?” Dawnie asked with a sweet giggle. “He’s awfully handsome, isn’t he Buffy?” Again, Dawn giggled loudly at her sister’s blush.

“Yes, he is,” Buffy mumbled bashfully. “Dawnie,” Buffy stammered again, “I need to ask you something. Will you listen to me and answer me. Honestly?”

“Sure,” Dawn replied guilessly.

Buffy pulled her child to her and hugged her tightly. “Mr. Spike, William that is,” Buffy began carefully. “You like him, right?”

“Oh yes,” Dawn giggled in response.

“I know you don’t know Riley too well, but could you say that you like Mr. Spike better then him?” Buffy watched for her daughter’s reaction to her question.

“Oh, yes,” Dawn replied quickly. “I think I would like Mr. Spike much more then stinky old Riley!”

Buffy burst out into laughter at Dawn’s descriptive language and hugged her even tighter to her body. “I knew you’d say that!” she replied happily as she kissed the top of the small girl’s head.

“So you know,” Xander was asking Spike, anxiously, as he clocked his partner’s reactions.

“Yup,” Spike replied, proudly.

“I guess I don’t have to ask how you feel about this?” Xander was thrilled that his friend and partner seemed ecstatic about finding out about his daughter with Buffy.

“Nope,” Spike answered smugly. “I think my smile speaks for itself!”

“Good,” Xander grunted. “I would have told you what I thought but…”

“It’s okay, mate,” Spike assured him, “I understand. You felt that Buffy should be the one to tell me the truth and you were right.”

“Yeah,” Xander sighed in relief. “It’s just that I don’t understand why your father didn’t…”

“My father?” Spike asked, suddenly confused by the turn in the conversation.

Xander gave his friend a dubious look and picked up the hotel room’s phone. He dialed a number, quickly and then handed the receiver to Spike.

“I think you’d better talk to your old man,” Xander advised Spike.


A/N: Just a quick chapter to keep the story going.

Thanks for reading and please review, spufette.