Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for reading and reviewing.
ALL MANNER OF MONSTERS


Chapter 6: ‘The First Time’


A/N: Sigh…we come to a point in spufette’s writing that is always difficult for her. Sex scenes…

I am now taking a ‘shot’ of courage from my wine glass (a nice Australian cabernet) and hopefully this will be ‘pleasant’.

Summary: Riley puts his full court ‘pressure’ on to ensure Buffy’s agreement to marry him.

Buffy has a flashback sequence (Spuffy first time) and by the end of the chapter? Well, we might find out just how connected Buffy and Spike really are.


Chapter 6:


“I thought we’d go to the Club, about 9:00 or so, tonight,” Riley was saying, although Buffy only half heard him. “Have a drink dance?” he asked, hopefully.

Buffy had been back, from Sunnydale, for a few hours now. She had tried to avoid Riley, like always after her trip up north. However, he, Riley, had insisted that they have a light supper together and then go out to the club he owned.

“Uhm,” Buffy mumbled. “I don’t think so, Riley,” she continued, meekly. “I’m really bushed and…”

“Jesus fucking Christ, Buff,” Riley bellowed as he slammed his wine glass onto the dining room table. He almost cracked the fine crystal goblet's stem. “You go up to see that little brat and now you don’t have time or energy for me?”

Buffy sat, frozen in her chair; the wine glass in her hand shook, visibly. She tried very hard not to show her boyfriend the rage his cruel words were evoking from her.

“Do not ever, ever call Dawn a brat, Riley,” Buffy hissed through gritted teeth. Her green eyes were narrowed slits and filled with fiery rage.

“Buffy,” Riley sighed, much more calmly now, “I’m sorry. It’s just that I can’t see how you and I are ever going to have a family- type future together. When you’re so wrapped up in Dawn and all?”

Riley finished with a pout, no doubt thinking his girlfriend would consider it ‘charming’ and innocent enough. Buffy noted, in disgust, that it simply was childish and not near as cute as Will’s pout.


‘Flashback…Buffy’s POV’


“So, what’s on the telly then?” William sat on the couch that was in the middle of Buffy’s hotel room. Apparently, Buffy had been here, for days, alone, as this Willow person was off at SDSU with her girlfriend.

Buffy slipped onto the couch, next to William and grabbed the television remote. “Oh,” she purred, “lots of things, especially ‘chick flicks’ as you put it, earlier.” The blond girl grinned, wickedly, at her guest.

“Hmmm, let’s see,” Buffy murmured, as she scanned the ‘guide’ that the hotel had offered. “There’s ‘My Best Friend’s Wedding! That’s fairly recent,” she continued as she noted the horrified look on Will’s handsome face. “Oh, ‘Titanic’ is playing, again and there’s this totally British movie… ‘Mrs. Brown’ is playing. You should just love that, Will,” Buffy gushed.

Buffy glanced at her William, from the corner of her right eye. When she saw that lost, bewildered look on his face, Buffy lost it and began to roar with laughter.

“What?” Will asked her, a confused look on his face.

‘Oh, that pout of his,’ Buffy thought, warmly to herself. ‘It’s going to be the end of me, for sure.’

“You,” Buffy giggled, uncontrollably, “and your terrified expression,” she finished with an unladylike snort.

“Maybe we could watch something older?” Buffy chuckled. “Like ‘An Affair to Remember’ or ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’ or…”

“Okay, Buffy,” William muttered, red faced, “that’s quite enough.” He reached over and clasped the object of his obsession to his body, tightly.

“Maybe we could just skip the movies and move onto the good stuff?” William whispered, huskily into Buffy’s ear.

He began to run his warm tongue over her lush lips and then to her silky neck. Although she didn’t seem to resist, William could tell that something was definitely distracting her. Her little body was so tense that she felt like she might snap in two.

“Buffy,” William murmured in a hushed, shameful tone, “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have grabbed you like that. Pushed you beyond what you wanted and…”

“It’s okay Will,” Buffy sighed. “I want this too, I promise. It’s just that I’m a little unsure and all,” she added, sheepishly.

“Unsure?” Will asked her, his fair head tilted to one side, an expression of total confusion on his face. She could tell he was completely puzzled by her bizarre, skittish behavior. When he reached over and placed his finger, underneath her chin, tenderly, Buffy felt like a complete idiot.

‘God I’m such a freakin’ child,’ Buffy chided herself, angrily. ‘William is a God, at least as far as I’m concerned. Here I am, running from him like a scared kitten!’

He raised her chin up, so that their eyes met in a heated gaze, causing Buffy to feel even more anxious.

“What is it?” William asked her, in a hushed, reverent voice. His indigo blue eyes held her green eyes in a soulful gaze.

“I,” Buffy began, carefully. She tried to avoid his gaze, but something brought her back to him, immediately.

“First off. I want you to know that I’m not a virgin, okay?” Buffy felt like she might throw up from embarrassment, but she held her own.

“I gathered that,” William replied in a gentle voice. “You are nineteen, luv,” he added. “Not thinkin’ a lovely little treasure like you would be, well, you know? Untried?”

Buffy fought the urge to yell at him, truly. For some reason, that remark of his left her feeling rather ‘cold’ and insulted.

“No,” she continued, a little harshly, “not untried, true. But, not really experienced, either,” she finished with a hot blush.

‘I’m going to just die of fucking embarrassment and shame, right here!’ she assured herself. ‘I wish I could crawl under the couch and wait until Will leaves and…’

“Okay,” William whispered. Buffy noticed that he still seemed to search her eyes, with his, looking for something.

“So, you’re not exactly experienced? Is that a problem?” he asked quietly. His eyes still held that puzzled look in them, but his mouth was turned up, slightly, in a soft smile.

“No,” Buffy blurted out, with a shake of her blond head. “No, not at all. No problem here,” she continued, nervously. Try as she might, Buffy could not keep from meeting Will’s intense gaze.

“It’s just that because I’m not exactly ‘free’ with myself?” Buffy whimpered this time, ashamed of her meekness. “What I’m trying to say,” she stumbled on. “Okay, I mean that because I’m not sexually active? I don’t use any methods of regular birth control. No pills, shots, yada yada,” she finished, almost resentfully.

“Oh,” William replied, evenly. “So, what you’re saying is that I need to use a rubber?” He asked the question, so matter-of-factly, that for some reason it kind of pissed Buffy off.

“Well, yeah!” she replied, in a semi-hostile manner. “You’d have to do that, now wouldn’t you,” she muttered. “Of course,” she continued, coolly, “I’d want you to use one ‘anyway’ because who knows where ‘that’ thing has been and all!”

Buffy glared at Will’s denim covered cock, defiantly. She immediately felt like a number one bitch, however.

“Buffy,” William whispered as he pulled her to him again. “I don’t have a problem with using a condom, I swear to God. And, for the record? I’m not all ‘that’ free with my body, myself.” He blushed, bright red at the admission. “At least not like some guys, okay?”

Buffy buried her head into Will’s strong chest and began to tremble, slightly in his arms. She again, felt like a number one bitchface.

“I just don’t want you to think that I’m some naïve little schoolgirl, Will,” she whispered, mortified. “Or that I’m some casual slut that sleeps with any guy that happens down the pike. Understood?” She stared into Will’s blue eyes, searching them for some sign that he did truly understand.

“I understand,” he murmured, lovingly, as he leaned in and kissed her lips, tenderly. He then began to stroke her slim arms with his warm hands. His brows were scrunched up in thought.

“Besides,” William sighed in gentle frustration, “I don’t have any condoms on me. So, the point is rather moot, I’m afraid.” He actually began to chuckle, softly, probably at the irony of the whole ridiculous situation.

‘Oh, there’s that pout again,’ Buffy noted. ‘Let’s see if we can change it into a nice smile?’

“Not a problem,” Buffy mumbled into his chest. She could feel her hot blush creep back up her neck, into her face again.

William reared his head back and looked into her eyes, even more confused, apparently. “I don’t understand,” he murmured, softly with a puzzled expression.

“When I ordered the pizza from room service, I ordered those rubber things, too,” Buffy blurted out quickly. Then, she immediately buried her face back into Will’s chest. Buffy fought the overwhelming urge to cry, out of embarrassment.

Buffy was even further mortified when Will began to chuckle softly, deep in his chest.

“What’s so damn funny?” Buffy hissed at her so called ‘boyfriend’ with a fiery glower.

“Nothing, baby,” William quit laughing and cuddled her into his strong arms. “I knew from day one that you were a smart little thing,” he continued in a melodic voice. “But now? I just realized that you’re bloody brilliant!”

“So, so, you’ll have sex with me?” Buffy whispered the question. She actually got the courage up to look into Will’s deep blue eyes. Even if she just knew her own green eyes were filled with insecurity and slight fear.

“No,” Will murmured, huskily. He leaned in and kissed her lips, tenderly then added quickly. “But I will make love to you.”

Somehow, Buffy and William had stumbled to the big bed in the hotel room. They had kissed and caressed each other all the way. Buffy was amazed to find that they somehow had become totally naked before they fell onto the bed together.

“You are beautiful,” Will moaned in desire as he perused Buffy’s naked body.

“So are you, Will,” Buffy replied, shyly. She bravely reached out and ran her tiny hand over his taut chest and tummy.

William pulled Buffy up to him and began to kiss her passionately. He ran his hands down her arms and sides until he reached her hips. Then, she felt it. He was doing the most delicious things with that fine hand of his, to her wet center.

“Jesus Buffy,” Will rasped, “you’re soaking wet here.” He slipped another finger inside her wet heat and began to pump it, slowly.

“Oh, Will!” Buffy gasped as she bucked against his long fingers, sharply. “That feels so good, baby,” she moaned into his mouth.

“Gonna’ make you feel like a queen, sweet,” he groaned in reply. Buffy felt his erection press against her tummy and realized something important.

‘He’s huge!’ she gasped silently. ‘How’s that thing gonna’ fit into me?’ Then, she grinned mischievously, at the thought. ‘Yeah! He’s huge,’ she reminded herself. ‘Yummy!’

Will continued with his onslaught of her mouth with his. By the time he’d ran his lips down her neck, to her left breast, Buffy was ready to cum at any time.

“Get inside of me, Will,” she ordered him in a deep, lustful voice. “Please, get inside of me, now.”

“Anything for you Buffy,” William moaned as he ripped open the condom package and slipped the rubber on himself.

William positioned himself between Buffy’s wet thighs and pushed into her, gently.

“Oh!” they cried out in breathy pants together. Between kisses.

Buffy wrapped her arms around Will’s back and thrust up with her hips to meet his thrusts into her. She was rewarded with his groans of physical pleasure. This made her very, very happy, yes, but there was something more here. Something bigger at play, however, she couldn’t quite figure out just what it was.

They moved together, in the age old dance. William’s kisses rocketed from gentle to passionate. He continued to conquer her mouth, jaw and neck with his warm mouth.

“Oh, God Buffy,” Will moan into her mouth, “feels so fucking good. So right,” he continued as he placed kitten kisses on her lips. “Like I’m finally home,” he gazed into her eyes, soulfully before capturing her mouth with his, once more.

Buffy felt tiny tears form at the corner of eyes and before she could stop them? They slipped out and slid down her already damp cheeks.

‘That’s it,’ Buffy realized in surprise. ‘That’s the something bigger at play. I feel like I’m home, too.’ She never felt so safe in her entire life before this. It was likely that she never would, again.

William noticed the tears and halted his movements, quickly. “What’s wrong,” he asked anxiously. “Did I hurt you?” he almost looked frightened to Buffy.

“No,” Buffy responded in a whisper, “it’s just that I feel the same way you do, Will. Like this ‘is’ right and I am finally home too.”


‘End flashback’

Riley still set across the dining table from Buffy, but now his mouth was twisted in a nasty frown. He glared at his girlfriend, not even trying to cover his escalating anger.

“I’m going to bed,” Buffy snapped at him as she tossed her napkin on the table. “Preferably alone,” she added maliciously. “Why don’t you go to the club and get drunk or something useful for once,” she finished with a growl.

“Buffy!” Riley called out loudly as she strode to the closed dining room doors.

“I’ve got a proposal for you,” he blurted out as he stood and closed the gap between Buffy and himself.

“What would that be?” Buffy sighed in exasperation. She did not try and hide the sarcasm in her tone. However, she didn’t turn around to face Riley, either, even when he wrapped his huge arms about her.

“It’s about us, you, and me and yeah, even Dawn,” Riley murmured into Buffy’s right ear. “I’ve got an offer for you, babe, something I know you’ll like. Won’t you even face me and hear me out?”

Buffy reluctantly turned around and glared up into her lover’s brown eyes. Her curiosity had gotten the better of her, once again.

“What about Dawn?” Buffy asked him, gruffly, her jaw clenched tightly.

“Just thought of a way that maybe you and me, little Dawnie can all be together? Here?” Riley must have thought that he was coming across as compassionate and coy. Buffy thought he looked like a cunning jackal at the moment.

“Riley,” Buffy began, evenly, trying now to mask her inner rage at this man. “You can’t stand Dawn, you know that and so do I. She will always be an unpleasant reminder to you. How many times have you told me that?”

Buffy looked away from Riley and focused on the crystal chandelier that hung over the dining table. She tried so hard not to cry, especially in front of Riley.

“It’s true,” Riley sighed in frustration, “Dawn has always been an ‘unpleasant’ reminder to me. Where you’re concerned that is. And, yeah, it pisses me off, a lot,” he added in a tight voice.

She noticed that his jaw was now clenched tightly and his brown eyes were filled with jealousy and insecurity. Buffy flinched slightly, in fear and hatred of this man.

“But,” Riley began, hesitantly, as if considering every word he was about to say. “I’m willing to get over all that past shit. I mean all of my resentment and jealousy regarding your bad judgment back then. After all,” he shrugged, “you were just a kid and couldn’t help being led down the garden path. Just wish I knew who the fuck was that…”

“This is not helping, Riley,” Buffy hissed as she glared at him again, defiantly.

“Okay, okay,” he cut her off with a firm nod of his big head. “What I’m proposing is this, Buff, and I think you better take me up on it. Understood?”

Buffy didn’t respond, just stood there, glaring up at her so called lover.

“If you marry me, pronto, that is,” Riley grinned down at her. “If you marry me, like next week? Agree to start shelling out little Riley’s and Buffy’s, right away? I’ll go up to Sunnydale, pack up Dawn and her stuff and move her into this house the next day.” He finished with an arrogant smile to Buffy.

‘He’s so damned proud of himself,’ Buffy thought with resentment. ‘So sure I’ll take his offer and…’ A sinking feeling started in the middle of her tummy and her throat began to close up from terror and confusion.

“I’ll, I’ll think about it,” Buffy mumbled softly. She pulled out of Riley’s arms and fled out of the dining room. Riley, she assumed, just stood there, staring after her with that patent dumbass look on his face.

Buffy slammed out of the dining room, literally. She ran smack dab into Andrew, who apparently had been lurking about the door.

“Did you hear that?” Buffy snapped at the terrified looking young man, angrily.

“Some of it, Miss Summers,” Andrew replied in a shaky voice. “I’m sorry, I was just coming in to tell you I’d be happy to drive you to Mass tomorrow morning. Wouldn’t hurt me to attend, either,” he added quickly.

Buffy felt like she was going to be ill; terribly, terribly ill by this time. All this pain, all this drama was just too much for her.

“I’m so sorry, for snapping at you Andrew,” Buffy began to weep softly. “It’s just that…”

“No, it’s me that’s sorry, Miss Buffy,” Andrew sighed miserably. He shook his fair head, sadly. “I’m sorry for you, Miss Dawnie, everyone involved in this.”

Buffy halted her weeping and just stared at Andrew in shock. “How long have you known, Andrew,” Buffy asked in a hoarse whisper.

“For a while now,” Andrew replied, bashfully. “At least I suspected for some time who Miss Dawn really is,” he finished with another sigh. His little boy face was bright red in embarrassment by this time.

“Oh God,” Buffy groaned, her hand placed over her mouth. It muffled her words completely.

“Did Riley tell…” she started to ask Andrew.

“No Miss,” Andrew shook his head firmly. “About six or seven months ago,” he explained weakly. “I accidentally overheard an argument between you and Mr. Finn that is. Mr. Riley wasn’t exactly quiet or discreet that afternoon and that’s when I began to realize who Miss Dawn really was. I’m sorry,” he repeated sadly, “I really never meant to overhear and…”

“It’s all right, Andrew,” Buffy sighed in defeat. She began to walk, slowly away from the anxious young man.

“Miss Buffy,” Andrew hurried to catch up to her. He touched her arm, gently and continued to speak in a soothing manner.

“Your secret is safe with me, Miss,” he assured her. “It’s none of my business what I suspect. Please believe me.”

He looked so earnest and kind that Buffy just had to ask him the next question.

“Suspect?” she asked, slightly confused. “Suspect what, Andrew?”

“Well,” Andrew stammered with a bright red face. “I only suspected the true identity of Miss Dawn, even since that day. You know when I overheard you and Mr. Riley?”

He looked as if he was going to faint dead away by this time. Buffy nodded at him, “go on,” she encouraged Andrew.

“I suspected the truth,” Andrew continued shyly. “However, when Mr. Sinclair appeared here, just a few days ago? I knew it was true, Miss Buffy.”

Buffy felt her heart stop beating and she suddenly wondered if she was going to drop dead. Right there at the bottom of the staircase in Riley Finn’s house. She stared into Andrew’s kind eyes, fearfully, but said nothing.

“Miss Dawn,” Andrew repeated the child’s name with affection. “She has her father’s beautiful indigo blue eyes.”


A/N: Well, that was a longish chapter, huh? Even for me. Hope it was okay, the sex stuff and all!

Anyway, please read and review and thanks for sticking with the story! Luv, Spuf