~Chapter Six~

AN: LoL, start sending in your name ideas for the itty bitty, hehe. Thank you to Thianna and Jessica for betaing.


Dacula, Georgia - Two Weeks Later

A large, stylish house sat at the end of a small, sparsely populated subdivision. The area was hugged by trees. The backyard was closed off by a high fence for privacy. There was an area good for training sessions as well as a nice pool. Off to the side, Xander had built a large garage to house most of the numerous vehicles.

Right now, though, a moving van sat in the driveway while workers came and went with the last of the boxes as dusk started to descend.

Buffy stood in her room, her and Spike's room. She walked over to the window and watched the others hurrying about like worker ants. She hoped this was a good thing -- them all under one roof where they were more likely to drive each other completely bonkers. She was putting her faith in Cordelia when the former higher being said this was what was best to keep her and the baby safe.

Spike came up beside her, sliding an arm around her waist to pull her close. He was glad they thought to put necro-tempered glass on the windows. The slayer wouldn't be living in the basement while she was pregnant and he wasn't going to have a room separate from his mate. Not to mention, Spike should be free to move around his house as he pleased and not confined to the basement half the time. His hand slid over her stomach in circles and he kissed the marks on her neck.

"Mine," he purred into her ear.

"Your brain is stuck on a twenty-four hour porn channel, isn't it?" She rolled her eyes towards him with a teasing smile.

"Oy, there was nothin' pornographic 'bout that," he retorted indignantly then slowly smirked, pulling her tight against him and thrusting himself into her soft backside. "Now, if you want pornographic..."

"You're such a pig, Spike," she swatted at him then darted away.

Spike gave a playful growl then chased after her, skirting around the bed and leaping over the corner to get to her. She squealed as he nearly crashed into her and she pivoted to get away. She dashed for the door and just before she reached it, he leapt at her back and tackled her to the ground. They tumbled out into the hallway and Buffy continued giggling until they were interrupted by someone clearing their throat loudly.

Both looked up guiltily at Dawn, Xander, and Willow.

"We thought you were hurt or something and came running," Dawn said with mock-annoyance.

"He started it," Buffy said petulantly and pushed Spike off her so she could get up. She grinned, "And short, bleached, and delusional will never be able to get the one up on me, so in the future... if you hear screams, it'll probably be him or Andrew."

"Oh shut your gob..." Spike muttered as she straightened his shirt. "I have never screamed in my life. You've got me confused with the whelp." He motioned at Xander.

"Hey!" Xander said indignantly.

"Oh, apparently you repressed the whole Tabula Rasa incident," Buffy shared a look with the other girls and they all smirked at Spike.

"Oh bloody hell, I need a fag," Spike stomped down the stairs towards the back porch as he was only allowed to smoke outside now with the baby on the way. He was muttering as he walked, "Bleedin' chits, always gangin' up on a bloke."

"Great, I come back from the dead only to die of lung cancer..." Buffy grumbled with a hidden smirk as she watched him go. She turned to the others and smiled, "How are the new troops settling in?"

The Los Angeles people that she had grown close with as well had, of course, come with them. After it was established that they would all be staying together in America, Giles went back to England with Willow to put all the affairs with the new Council in order and set it up for Giles to be in contact with them by use of phone and the internet. He also asked for any volunteers to come along to help the cause, feeling the more the merrier and the safer they would be. Three slayers had volunteered, two about Dawn's age and one a couple years older. Two young watchers, a man and a woman, who were barely out of training had come along as well. The woman, Lenora, and Willow had been exchanging looks since the female watcher arrived.

"Pretty good," Willow nodded. "They all just left to go do some shopping at the Mall of Georgia, get whatever they forgot to bring with them. I would've asked if you needed anything, but figured you didn't want to go with the younger girls."

"Dang, coulda used some Krispy Kremes... I'm using pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever the hell I want," Buffy chuckled and walked with them downstairs.

"You read my mind, I told them to get some while they were out," Xander winked.

"Which reminds me," Willow rolled her eyes at them, "now that everyone is settled in, I can work my mojo to check on the baby like you asked. You sure this is necessary? I did the protective charms all over the property and cleansed the property as well, not to mention started researching herbs to help you with the pregnancy."

"Yes, better safe then sorry." Buffy went and sat down on the couch. "And if not now, then later Spike is going to pester me to death then he'll pester you to death, too. So might as well be prepared to tell him to shut up."

"You two seriously need couples counseling," Dawn muttered and headed for the back door to go talk to Spike to make sure he really wasn't annoyed about the teasing earlier.

"And with that, I'm off too to go get supplies from Office Depot. Giles wants to keep in touch with England, but he's as technophobic as ever. It's time to introduce him to the 21st century," Xander chuckled and headed for the door. "I'll drag Andrew along with me to keep him out of your guys' hair for awhile."

"My hero," the two girls said at the same time then burst into laughter.

Andrew had been driving everyone batty since he had arrived from England with the new slayers and the young watchers that had pledged their aid. He was as hyperactive as ever and still gung-ho about being a watcher. He followed them all around, claiming he wanted to learn by observation from the best. They weren't even doing anything but moving into a new house, so all of them were pretty much ready to tie him up to a chair again.

"Okay, now just relax and lay back against the cushions then close your eyes," Willow told Buffy as soon as they were alone.

Buffy did as she was told and took a couple deep, calming breaths. The redhead's hands hovered over her stomach and glowed faintly as she hummed. They started moving in circles then the circles widened so that her hands encompassed more of the slayer. After a few moments, she stopped humming and sat back.

"All seems fine in the land of Buffy," Willow smiled up at her.

Buffy opened her eyes and looked down at her friend. "Yay," she stretched and sat up. She glanced towards the back door. "You think I should go make nice with the would-be father, now?"

Willow patted her knee. "I doubt he was really all that mad with the teasing. He's used to worse and he knows you didn't mean anything mean by it. But, maybe you could go... discuss things with him and spend time with him. You know, nice quality time together that all couples need."

"It's hard to get quality time with a house full of people," Buffy shrugged and got up. She smirked slightly, "But I'll go show my mate a bit of loving."

"Well, I'll go take Dawn to the mall as well so we can do some holiday gifts shopping. Hopefully, we'll run into the others and we'll go to a movie. That'll give you some time here alone with your mate."

"Yay," Buffy chuckled and before she could head for the back door, Dawn and Spike came walking back in. She went over to him and twined her arms around his waist. She grinned, "So, you finished brooding, sweetie?"

"Oy, I don' brood." He scowled, but wrapped his arms around her.

"Okay, done pouting?"

"Is this any way t' treat the father of your baby?"

"You didn't impregnate me. It was immaculate conception!" She arched a brow. "The star was in the box. Fred, Wes, and Giles were the Wisemen. Angel was the evil King Herod... You're poor Joseph. Xander and Andrew are fluffy sheep... Willow and Dawn are their herders. Lorne can be the drummer boy. Cordelia is the angel messenger person... and I'm sure I forgot someone, but whatever."

"Someone is so full of herself," Dawn joked with a roll of her eyes.

"Oh shut up, big bad mystical key girl who could end existence," Buffy laughed and tossed a pillow from the couch at her sister.

"C'mon, Dawn. Let's go do some holiday shopping and see if the others are up for a movie," Willow laughed as well as she tugged the teenager out the door with her.

As soon as they were gone, Buffy turned back to Spike and pulled him down for a kiss. "Willow has decided me and you need quality couple time. So what do you want to do with it? Lay on the couch and watch some sappy movie? Or what?"

"Sappy movie sounds nice," Spike brushed a hand through her hair. "Remind me t' thank Red later. When they get back, we can continue the alone time by takin' a nice walk in the woods out back, yeah?"

"What about patrolling?" She cocked her head.

"Giles can take the girls out, show them the ropes an' the area." He pulled her back towards the couch, falling back onto it and taking her with him so that she landed on his stomach. "I want t' show my girl some private attention."

"No complaints here," she kissed him again, sliding her hand under his shirt. "I enjoy as much private attention as I can get."

"I thought you wanted t' watch a movie."

"We can make it a dirty movie," she gave a wide grin with her tongue sticking out. She giggled, "I know where your secret stash is. Though, let's forgo the midgets with strap-ons."

He roared in affront and chased after her when she ran for the back door, laughing her ass off at him. He stilled at the door as he did a quick check to make sure the sun had gone down before continuing to pursue his mate. She was already darting through the back gate and trying to fasten it behind her, but saw him coming so she let it go in favour of running again. She scrambled up the hill behind the house, wheezing and laughing the whole way.

"Oh pet, you know I'm goin' t' get you. It's gettin' dark an' I can see much better than you can," Spike paused at the bottom of the hill to call after her. "Do you seriously think you can out run or hide from a vampire, Slayer?"

She stopped at the top and looked back at him with an innocent grin, "You wouldn't hurt your mate... especially when she's pregnant!"

She blew a raspberry at him then started running again. He growled as he easily scaled the hill and continued after her, enjoying the chase as much as she did. And, both knew exactly what he was going to do to her once he caught her. She was right, he wouldn't hurt her. Not in the bad sense.

She gave a sharp yelp as her foot hit a fallen limb that she hadn't seen in the growing darkness, tumbling to the ground when it twisted. Grumbling, she sat up and reached down to prod her ankle with her fingers to make sure it wasn't broken. Spike was soon kneeling beside her, brushing her hands aside so he could check it himself.

"Well that's what you get for runnin' 'bout like a mad woman," he looked up at her as he massaged her leg. "I'll carry you back."

"Hey, you enjoyed the little chase as much as I did," she shot back then scowled slightly, "And slayer healing, sheesh, we can still stay and enjoy the privacy. Not like I planned on actually walking around anyways, unless you had something kinky in mind."

He was glad that her eyes weren't as keen in the darkness as his were so she didn't see him actually blushing at that imagery. Not to mention, he had actually meant for them to have a bit of a romantic walk. Damn it, he must be losing his grip on his inner William if she was the one with the dirty ideas.

"What? No perverted comment? Mark this down on the calendar!" She grinned and rolled onto her knees to crawl towards him. Her hand rested on his chest, "Is the prospect of being a daddy getting to you?"

"Maybe," he grumbled and caught her hand, pulling her closer against him. "Still the Big Bad, though."

"Oh, of course," she didn't sound all that convinced. Her lips ghosted over his jaw, "So is the Big Bad going to take advantage of the poor, hurt Slayer while he has her at his mercy?"

He growled and pushed her down, pinning her body with his while he plundered her mouth. They rolled down the rest of the incline to land in a pile of leaves at the bottom with him straddling her. His hands skimmed over her sides and cupped her breasts through the fabric of her top, thumbs circling the peaks. She arched into his touch, tongue darting out to wet her lips as her eyes locked with his even in the dark. That was all the enticement he needed and he was crushing his mouth to hers, slipping his tongue in to duel with hers.

She went to flip him over onto his back but he just flipped her back, leading to another struggle for dominance as they continued to kiss heatedly. She finally gave up with an impatient grunt and resorted to tearing at his clothes. Those things were coming off no matter if she was on top or bottom! He quickly shed his duster to spare it the same fate that his clothes were receiving. Then he went to tearing at her clothes with the same eagerness.

"Are you sure you're comfortable on the cold ground among the twigs an' bugs, pet?" he asked softly, fingers continuing to caress her ribcage. "My beautiful pregnant mate."

"You're going to be one of those really protective daddies, aren't you?" she chuckled and sat up with him so he could lay his duster underneath her.

"Is that a bad thing?" he teased.

"Not until you drive me to the point of bashing your head in."

"Still not a bad thing as the fightin' is as good as the shaggin'," he smirked with a curl of his tongue, "maybe better."

Her jaw dropped in mock astonishment, "Blasphemy!"

"Well then you better get t' showin' me how much better the shaggin' is!"

She arched a brow then shot up again to clamp her teeth onto the column of his neck over her marks. His back arched with a low howl. Their eyes flashed silver in the night before she released him and flicked her tongue over the spot, sending another bolt of pleasure straight to his groin. He was hard and ready, pressing into her soft belly. His hands cupped her face and brought it to meet his so he could plunder her mouth again as he laid her back down.

He settled between her legs, grunting as his hardness came in contact with her wet sex. It ground against him, wanting it as much as he did as her fingers scrabbled over his shoulders in search of purchase. His own hands skimmed down over her sides to her hips, which he grasped to lift her against him. The tip of his cock began nudging her folds and their mouths still didn't break contact with each other.

"Mmm," she moaned and began sucking on his tongue as he slid into her, her nails digging into him slightly. His hips began rocking against hers and her legs twined around his waist to pull him deeper, her hot sheath feeling as if it would melt him. Her muscles gripped him and rippled along his length, urging him to move faster and harder.

Their mouths finally broke apart and gasped for air greedily. Her head went back and she arched up off the ground as his thrusts became rough. He caught a bouncing peak in his mouth, suckling voraciously. One hand slid around to the small of her back to grasp her even tighter while the other one slipped between them to twist and pull at her clit. Her screams echoed through the forest, surely scaring animals and people alike if they were within earshot.

And then his fangs slid into her breasts and she clawed his back desperately as if possessed by a wild animal. Her lust and orgasm were that of a wild animal as it rushed through her, making her choke on her screams as her back arched even more painfully. He grunted and thrust a couple more times before finding his completion, extracting his fangs delicately from her flesh. He stroked the bite with his tongue, sending new bolts of pleasure through her that made her tense again.

"Well..." she took a breath as she finally began to relax, turning her head to look at him where he now lay beside her, "was that better than fighting now?"

"Hmm," he squinted his eyes in thought for a moment and she punched his shoulder, "Ow! Yes! Yes, it was! I was only teasin', Slayer."

He caught her around the waist and pulled her to him, burying his face in her neck with a low growl. He scraped his teeth over his marks, causing her to squirm and flail with laughter. They stayed out there for awhile longer as the late fall air became much cooler, teasing each other some more until the vampire became concerned with his mate becoming too chilled. She needed to stay healthy for the baby and she was right about him being a protective mate and papa.

Buffy and Spike snuck back in to the house. Spike gave her the only un-ruined piece of clothing, his duster. They hoped no one was about and the coast was clear at least for the short distance to the stairs then up to their room. The house was dark when they poked their heads in the back door guiltily and they felt safe as they started for the stairs.

There was a loud clearing of a throat and Spike was suddenly plastered to Buffy's backside with a squeak. She rolled her eyes then glanced wearily in the direction of the sound, spotting Giles who was looking a little scandalized at the view. He whipped off his glasses and began furiously cleaning them as an excuse not to have to look at his surrogate daughter looking mussed up and the bane of his existence in his birthday suit.

"Uh, Giles..." Buffy began embarrassedly.

"Please, just hurry upstairs so I can start forgetting this horrible nightmare," Giles said as he continued polishing his specs.

Spike saluted and began ushering Buffy up the stairs while still pressing himself into her back to cover his bits and bobs. Giles put his glasses on again with a relieved sigh, only to catch Spike wiggling his naked ass at him wickedly as he disappeared up the stairs. The chuckle the vampire gave clued the Slayer in to what he had done and she thrust her butt out into his sensitive groin, giving Giles his own chuckle when he heard a pained shout after the two were out of view.



tbc...