Chapter 2

Buffy broke out of her thoughts to look at him. “Spike?” She whispered. “That’s your name, right?” Spike nodded and remained silent. “You’re a vampire?” Spike nodded again.

“I see that’s the first thing you remember.” Buffy nodded also.

“You have a soul? I didn’t know that was possible.” Spike sat down next to her.

“Yeah, Angel and I are both with the soul having. Do you remember anything else?” Buffy shook her head.

“I can’t, my head hurts. I don’t understand any of this.” She said and Spike reached out and massaged her temples. She closed her eyes and felt comfort from his touch. She opened her eyes a few seconds later to look into his. He then caressed her cheek.

“Maybe this will help.” He said as he brought his lips closer to hers and kissed her. She kissed him back after a few seconds. She suddenly pulled away and shook her head.

“No, I can’t. I still don’t know you.” She said as she looked into his eyes again. “I’m with Lindsey. I...I love him.” She claimed, not seeming so sure. Spike let out a sigh. He knew he was starting to make progress, but it wasn’t enough.

“I love you, Buffy. I should have come to you the second I realized I could. I keep thinking that if I did none of this would have happened. You remember those last few nights we spent together in Sunnydale before the battle? You remember when you said you loved me? I may not have believed it then, but I would give anything to hear it right now. You have to remember, Buffy.” Buffy looked away from him and then felt tears in her eyes.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t. I don’t know what you want from me.” Spike cupped her cheek and brought her gaze back on his.

“I only want you.” Buffy was about to say something else, when she suddenly felt dizzy. She held her head to try and stop the spinning.

“What’s wrong with me?” She asked him before she then passed out on the bed. Spike went closer to her to feel that she still had a pulse, but it felt weak. He grabbed the key for the chains and unchained her as he felt her head. She was burning up and Spike was really starting to get worried. He figured that Lindsey was the only one that would know what was wrong with her. He really hoped Angel would hurry up and find him before it was too late.


* * * * *


Spike was sitting with Buffy when Angel finally walked in, pulling Lindsey with him. He let him go once they were inside and Spike got up to join them. “It's about bloody time. We have a problem.” He said as he glared at Lindsey and it was then that Lindsey noticed Buffy lying on the bed. He moved to her side.

“What happened to her?” He wondered and Spike shrugged while Angel was surprised by the concern in Lindsey’s voice.

“She just passed out and she has a fever. I figured you would know what was wrong since you did this to her in the first place.” Lindsey shook his head.

“I didn’t do this. This wasn’t supposed to happen.” He said as he felt Buffy’s head and tried to talk to her. “Buffy, can you hear me? Come on, sweetheart. It’s time to wake up now.” He said as he gently rubbed her head. Buffy then opened her eyes to look up at him.

“Lindsey?” She whispered and he smiled at her as he placed a kiss on her lips.

“Hey, baby. How do you feel?” Buffy closed her eyes and then opened them again.

“I feel really weak. What’s wrong with me?” She wondered.

“I don’t know, we’ll figure it out. You just rest, okay?” Buffy nodded and closed her eyes again. Lindsey turned to look at the two vampires, who had shocked expressions on their faces.

“You're in love with her?” Angel wondered, not sure if he believed it. Lindsey looked at him and then back at Buffy.

“At first I did this to get back at you, but now things are different.” He said as he looked back at Angel. “I wanted to rid her mind of both of you because I knew how much it would hurt you. I wanted you both to suffer knowing that the woman you loved didn’t know who you were. I never knew that I would end up falling for her. I guess you two know how easy it is to love her. She’s pretty amazing.” He said with a smile and his smile then faded when he thought about the woman lying on the bed. “I never meant for it to go this far. I didn’t know she would get sick.” He told them.

“Funny thing about magic, there’s always consequences.” Spike said, repeating himself from a few years ago.

“You do know how to fix it, right? Put her memories back?” Angel asked and Lindsey sighed.

“I know of a spell. If I do it, she won’t want anything to do with me anymore. I don’t think I could handle that.” Spike glared at him.

“Would you rather her be dead?” Spike stated in a harsh tone and Lindsey shook his head.

“No, I’ll do it.” He said as he walked over to the bed and sat beside Buffy, who was still sleeping. He looked at her and gave her another kiss on the lips. “I’m so sorry, Buffy. I know you’ll hate me when you wake up, but I want you to know that I never meant to hurt you. I really do love you.” He said and Angel and Spike were surprised at the affection he seemed to have for her. They just hoped that whatever he did would work. Lindsey then placed his hand on Buffy’s head and closed his eyes. He said the spell in Latin that he knew by heart and a light formed around Buffy. He pulled away when he was done saying the spell and watched as the light disappeared. Buffy still remained in the same position and they were worried that it didn’t work. Lindsey turned to look at Angel and Spike. “It takes time. We just have to wait for her to wake up.” They both nodded and Lindsey then turned back to Buffy. He really hoped she would be okay and that she wouldn’t end up hating him for what he did.