Chapter 3

Buffy woke up a few minutes later and looked at the faces around her. Angel was the first one that moved to her side and held her hand. “Hey, how do you feel?” He asked her with a worried expression on his face.

“Okay, I guess. For someone that had most of her memories sucked out of her head.” Angel sighed in relief.

“So, you got your memories back then?” Buffy nodded as she stared at him.

“Yeah, more than I thought I would. Like a certain memory about you being human and giving it up just so I could be safe.” Angel was surprised that she knew that and also looked embarrassed. “We’ll talk later.” She told him and he nodded. Buffy sat up and her eyes rested on Lindsey. He looked away from her gaze feeling ashamed. Buffy almost felt sorry for him, when her eyes finally landed on Spike. Spike was caught in her gaze and he didn’t know what she would do, when she finally stood up and went over to him. She looked at him for a few seconds before wrapping her arms around him in a hug. Spike was surprised and then started to hug her back. “I remember everything.” She whispered in his ear. “I meant what I said, Spike. I love you.” Spike felt tears in his eyes as he held her tighter. Angel could hear what she said, but he didn’t say anything about it. He looked at Lindsey.

“I think we should let them talk. I’m not done with you yet.” Lindsey sighed and followed Angel out of the room, when a hand on his arm stopped him. He turned to look at Buffy.

“I remember everything that happened with us. I know what you did was for the wrong reasons, but I also know that you had real feelings for me and you were caring towards me. I want you to know that I don’t hate you, but I’m not in love with you either. What we had wasn’t real. I’m not exactly a fan of spells, especially when they’re being used on me.” She said as she looked at Spike and then back at Lindsey. “What I have with Spike is real. I love him and I should hate you for trying to take that away from me, but I’m not one to hold a grudge. You did the right thing in the end and that’s all that matters. I don’t want to see you again, Lindsey. We’re good right now, but if you come near me again you’re going to see what a Slayer is really all about. You got that?” Lindsey nodded and looked at her one more time.

“I’m sorry about everything, for what it’s worth.” He told her before he walked out of the room. Buffy sighed and turned back to Spike, who was now sitting on the bed. She gave him a small smile and sat on his lap. He smiled in return and wrapped his arms around her.

“Gave us all quite a scare, love.” He said as he kissed her cheek.

“Sorry about that.” He started to trail kisses down her neck, when she suddenly pushed him away. “We have to talk.” Spike sighed.

“I knew it was too good to be true.” Buffy got off of his lap and sat next to him on the bed.

“What I said to you was true, Spike. I know you’ve been back for a while and I wanna know why you didn’t contact me.” Spike knew they would have to have this conversation.

“I wanted to see you, Buffy. You have no idea how much. You were mostly all I thought about since I’ve been back. I just didn’t know how to face you. I was a pillock to put it simply. So worried that you would have moved on and rejected me. I didn’t think I could have handled that. I never stopped loving you.” He said as he kissed her lips. “Love you so bloody much.” He whispered as he kissed her again with more passion. Buffy kissed him back and slipped her tongue into his mouth. He was soon massaging her tongue with his. Spike pulled away a little while later because she needed to breathe and he rested his head on hers. “God, Buffy. It’s been too bloody long. Don’t know how I lasted this long without you.” Buffy looked into his eyes and caressed his cheek.

“Let’s not let that happen again, okay? We’re together now and that’s all that matters.” Spike nodded and kissed her again. Angel walked back in the room at that moment and cleared his throat. Spike rolled his eyes and Buffy moved away from him to look at Angel. She then glared at him. “I need to talk to you.” Spike wondered why her voice was harsh all of a sudden and why Angel seemed to be afraid.

“Buffy, I don’t think this is the best time.” He said which only seemed to anger her more.

“The hell it isn’t. Why would you do it, Angel? I know all about the Shanshu Prophecy. It’s funny that you’re working so hard to become human now when you had the chance years ago and you gave it up. What, I wasn’t enough for you?” Angel shook his head.

“You know that’s not true. I did it because I loved you. I could have never protected you as a human, Buffy. You know that.” Buffy rolled her eyes.

“I am so sick of everyone thinking they have to protect me all the time. I can protect myself, been doing it for a long time now. This is why it never worked with us or why it never worked with Riley. Spike is the only one that doesn’t treat me like glass, like I’m gonna break or something. He’s my equal, he knows that I can protect myself and he never treated me like a child. I know I was technically a child when we were together, but that is so not the point.” Spike stood up when she was done and walked over to them.

“Let me get this straight. You were somehow made human years ago and you gave that up? You had Buffy without the damn curse being a problem and you threw that away? You really are a bloody idiot.” Angel glared at Spike.

“This doesn’t concern you.” Buffy ignored Spike and kept her attention on Angel.

“Why is being human so important to you now when it wasn’t then? You at least owe me that.” She wondered.

“I guess I wasn’t ready then. I know I had more to accomplish.” Buffy crossed her arms over her chest.

“How do you even know that the Prophecy is about you anyway? You’re not the only vampire with a soul anymore, incase you haven’t noticed.” That got a smirk out of Spike as they both stared at Angel.

“It has to be me. I’ve done a lot more than he has.” He said the last part quietly, but Buffy heard him and she wasn’t pleased.

“You don’t know anything about what Spike has done. He’s just as much worthy of it as you are, maybe even more. He didn’t get cursed with a soul, he fought for it. What other vampires do you know of that has ever done that? Spike is a true champion and look at you. Working at this place. It has evil written all over it. Harmony is your secretary for crying out loud. That’s just wrong on so many levels.” She stated and Angel was starting to lose his temper.

“That wasn’t my choice.” Buffy rolled her eyes.

“Like that makes a difference. I still care about you, Angel. But as long as you’re working for Wolfram and Hart, we’re not on the same side. This place can’t be trusted.” She finished and Angel thought about what he could say to that.

“I can understand that you don’t trust this place, but you have to trust me. Trust me when I say that I’m planning on doing a lot of good here. I want to make things right, anyway I can. You have to trust me, Buffy.” He said in a pleading tone and Buffy’s look softened a little.

“I want to trust you, Angel. Don’t disappoint me.” Angel nodded and figured that was the best he would get from her. She then grabbed Spike’s hand and gave it a squeeze. Spike smiled at her. He was proud of her for standing up to Angel like that. She has really grown up. “Spike’s coming back to Rome with me. I’m not about to leave him here to get corrupted by this place. I’m sure you can manage without him.” Spike was surprised that she wanted him to go with her. He only gave her a smile as they both headed to the door. Buffy stopped to look at Angel one more time. “Take care, Angel.” Was all she said before she walked out of the room with Spike. Angel watched them go and then sat on his bed to do some serious thinking. Hell, let’s face it. He was brooding. He decided that he would gain Buffy’s trust again. He knew that he was doing good at Wolfram and Hart. He just had to keep believing that and maybe Buffy would start to trust him again. He couldn’t believe that she would take Spike with her, even though a part of him was glad to finally be rid of the bleached pest. Angel couldn’t think about the two of them together. He stood up and ran his fingers through his hair. He needed a drink.

The End


Well, I said this was short. I really didn't know what else to do with this. I wish I could have given you guys more of a Spuffy ending, but writer's block is a bitch. I hope I didn't make Buffy too harsh. I just think that some things needed to be said. Thanks for reading=)