Author's Chapter Notes:
The little bit of lyrics i used are from the song "monster mash". This chap will be broken into two parts. This part is called "They did the mash" the next will be called "they did the monster mash/graveyard smash". It's a pre spell/post spell kinda thing....
First before the fic I wanna thank everyone whose been reading and reviewing, I dunno what id do without you guys. You are all so incredible and your feedback means the world to me!!! Oh and also i dont know anything about Star Wars so forgive my made up chubaccan language and the lack of knowledge of the name of its language....eep, sorry, i just shot it in for fun!

Buffy finished applying her make up and gave herself a once over. William was gonna freak, she looked hot. Well hot in a proper lady kinda way. She turned to Willow who was decked out in armor and had a huge cross dangling from her chest. Anya hadn’t been able to pick out something yesterday because shed had to go home and finish an assignment shed forgotten about so she was gonna meet them at the park. They where all gonna head to the bronze together.

“Willow you look weird but great.” Buffy said with a smile.

“So do you Buffy, its so weird to see you dressed like a helpless female.” Her friend admitted and they laughed as they headed out the door to meet everyone else.



“Bloody hell” William gasped as he looked at himself in the mirror and took a deep breath. ‘I hope Buffy likes it’ he thought as he started to get dressed.


“Done.” Oz stated as he slapped a sticker over his shirt and threw on some jeans.



“Oh yeah, you’re a stud” Xan told himself as he checked himself out in the mirror and walked out of the house in his tux.


“You can do this, you can do this, you can do this.” Anya repeated over and over again as she slipped on her fluffy outfit.



“I am so wicked cool” Andrew said with a smile before slipping his wookie mask on and hitting his chest in a way he thought of as ‘manly like’.








Ethan looked at his watch. 8pm. One hour and counting he thought with a smirk. God, he loved chaos.








Willow and buffy where the first to arrive at their destination so they sat on the swings and played. Willow jumped when Oz got there and smiled at his ‘name tag’.

“Isnt that sacrilegious?”she teased looking at the word GOD scribbled in black marker on the sticker.

“Not tonight.”he answered with a smile.

The next to arrive where Xander and Anya.


“Oh my god” Buffy giggled and hopped down rushing over to her friends.

“Anya, that’s hilarious.” She added.

Anya huffed. “It’s not funny its terrifying.”

“Youre a bunny Anya.” Willow said with a smile.

“Exactly.” Came the ex vengeance demons reply.

“You look handsome Xander.” Buffy said turning to her other friends, “And Oz, you look…..all powerful.”

Everyone laughed at that and they gave Buffy their compliments on her attire, Xan got sucker punched when Anya saw his eyes bulge just a little too much for her liking.



“So wheres Andrew and William?” Xan asked and looked at his watch.

“They should be here any minute.” And at that this great big hairy thing walked up to their group while everyone stood there shocked.


“Um…. Can we help you?”

“Aru miga mu grrr”


Everyone except Xander backed away a little wigged out.

“What the fuck did it say?” Buffy asked.

Xan laughed. “It said ‘You all look great’ in wookie talk.”

“Um….thanx.”


Anya walked up to it and rubbed its head. “Its gotta be Andrew.” She said with an affectionate smile and the ‘it’ nodded.

Everyone cracked up and Oz turned to Xander. “How did you know what he said?”

“It’s a guy thing.”

“Im a guy and I didn’t get it.”

“Fine Oz,” Xan said in defeat, “It’s a geek thing.”

“I see.” Oz said in his Oz-ish way, ‘keep it plain, keep it simple’ was this guys motto.


Buffy looked around for William and didn’t see him but she did see something that sped up her heart rate by a ten fold. Across the street and just a little down the block there was some grade A eye candy. With a black wife beater and black jeans and bleached blond hair this guy looked plain yummy. He had a long leather duster that fell to his feet and he walked with a swagger that screamed ‘you know you wanna dance’, if by dance you meant fuck!!!!

By the time he was right across from them he had all the ladies on the streets attention and what getting whistled at from every direction.



‘He’s walking right to us’ Buffy thought with a smile. She couldn’t touch but damn she could look and she was taking full advantage of that loop hole in the ‘Relationship Guide’.


He looks so familiar, Buffy looked harder and almost fainted before she realised she was the slayer and not the damsel in reality.

“William?” Buffy breathed and everyone started talking at once.


When the initial freak out and ‘wow’ fest died down William walked over and stood in front of Buffy, running a hand over his platinum locks nervously.

“Well kitten, I know what the others think, what about you?”

She lunged at him and practically devoured his mouth.

William pulled away and laughed. “I’ll take that as a yes?”

Buffy could only nod her head which was fine by him because he’d just noticed her costume and he was blown away. His eyes travelled slowly over her form and he could swear his heart had stopped for a moment.

Black and red. His favorite colors on his favorite girl who just happened to be the most beautiful girl in the world too.

“Buffy, wow, you look, wow.”

Buffy blushed and looked down. “Thank you.”

He smiled again and she noticed for the first time his fangs. They actually looked pretty real.

“Oh my god baby, that’s awesome!”she squealed.

Xan turned and noticed the faux canines too. “Hey Buffster, thank god your not the slayer tonight huh?” he said with a smile and they all started to head to the Bronze.

Each couple walking side by side lost in their own little worlds for the moment.

William took Buffys hand in his own and looked down at her as she spoke.

“Okay, so tonight your this bad ass vampire so your gonna need a name!”

“Whats wrong with William pet? Not dangerous enough?”he teased.

Buffy giggled. “It’s not bloody enough, vamps should have scary names.”

“William the bloody?”

“SPIKE!” Buffy squealed happily when she thought of a name she liked.

“Spike huh?” he liked the way the name sounded coming from her mouth.

“Spike it is then kitten, for tonight at least.”

He wrapped his arm around her waist. “What made you choose that?”

“Oh it was easy.”she said with a wicked grin. “I just used the name ive given your….”

“That’s enough baby.” William said choking on his laughter as they reached the door to the bronze.

They could hear the music pumping and they couldn’t wait to get inside. It was already 8:30!




They waited in line for a couple of minutes and then headed in, all of them headed to the dance floor. Part of the party tonight consisted of a dance contest and they all wanted to give it a whirl for the sake of fun. The monster mash was playing as the couples faced each other already laughing.


*they did the mash, they did the monster mash, it was a graveyard smash….*



Sorry to leave you guys there but I wanted to break this chap up into two parts, pre and post chaos spell. Hope you liked it still though, please let me know what you thimk of it so far!