Author's Chapter Notes:
Well i hope you guys like it. I cant thank you all enough for the wonderful reviews and ill answer them as soon as i can. In the next chap ill be posting the names of everyone who left one as a thank you so come on guys......dont you wanna see your names up there? Lol i know im pushing it, sorry :)
Thanx to all my readers and reviewers, you guys kick ass! Also there is a dream/ reality sequence in this, the dream is outlined with these ***

Unfortunately i cant get in touch with my beta, Cecilia, who cleans up the mess and helps with ideas....theres a problem with my email or hers so if your reading this Cecilia please try to contact me.......and thanx for all the help so far and ideas!





Spike flew through the darkened streets of Sunnydale and let his body lead him. It took him to the cemetery and when he rushed through the gates the scent hit him. Slayer. His slayer!

He weaved in and out of the stones until he saw her and he stopped dead in his undead tracks.

“Buffy.” He whispered too softly for her to hear.

She was just getting up and brushing herself off from the remnants of grass and dirt that had clung to her when she’d fallen just moments before.

He could see the grief plainly on her face and the demon raced forward, only to be pulled back by the light it was connected to. It snarled angrily. It needed to get to her and feel her, make sure its mate was okay, but the light would not allow this. The demon allowed the light to explain itself.

‘We’re a monster now mate.’ It said with a sad understanding of what they had become.

True he had said that he would let her finish him off but now there was a different need, a stronger need. Protect. Protect this golden angel for as long as he could, and if he was dust then he couldn’t do that.

‘Ours’ the demon raged and tried again to lead his vessel to the girl but the light stopped him once more. ‘Not anymore’. Spike vamped out then, it was the demons way of trying to take control but it could not win this round.

Spike retreated into the shadows and watched as she walked away, the demon mewling in protest and the man crying for what he had just come to realise. He was no longer the one that Buffy had loved so well.





Buffy walked through her house and up the stairs. She took a long shower and pulled on a tank top and shorts. She stumbled into bed exhausted and confused. Tomorrow she would ask Giles what could have caused the pain she had experienced tonight but she wouldn’t bother him right now. He was out with Jenny, ‘let him have what happiness he can’ Buffy told herself.

She felt the sting of tears in her eyes and blinked them back angrily. ‘Don’t cry, be strong, be strong for him’ she told herself over and over until she fell into a deep sleep. She loved to sleep now. When she slept he was still with her and she was still happy. When she slept.





Spike leaned against the tree he was sitting in and smoking a cigarette from a pack he’d stolen off some wanker. He was hungry but it could wait. Right now he wanted nothing more then to sit up here and watch his girl.

An hour passed and finally her breathing evened out. He got ready to jump out of the tree and go home but a distinct scent reached him and he gasped.

“Naughty girl.”

He jumped softly onto her window sill in a crouched position and breathed deeply. It was the unmistakable scent of arousal!


A growl rippled through him. She was aroused and it wasn’t by his hands. Anger drove him and gave him the courage to step into the darkened room. He slipped slowly to her bed and looked down at her. If his heart could beat right now it would break his chest. She looked so beautiful, so at peace. He had not seen that on her face in the graveyard.

She was moving ever so slightly and every now and then a smile would grace her face.

‘Tell me who you’re dreaming of kitten” Spike encouraged softly, so as not to wake her, he needed to hear her voice, to make this moment real.

She scrunched up her face and giggled, the word “William” coming out in a whisper.

Spike beamed at the sleeping goddess. “That’s a good girl” he said, proud that it was him that was making her so happy even if it was only in a dream. He leaned back as a thought ran through his head, an evil thought but one that didn’t actually belong to the demon, it belonged to William.

Buffy was the heaviest sleeper he’d ever known. Nothing short of an Apocalypse could wake her and he had always been curious to how she would react if he’d touch her. Would she wake up?

A hand crept slowly to her face and he traced it’s curves with a feather light caress…..no sign of waking, her heart beat remained slow and steady. A smile crept to his mouth.



***Buffy looked at William shocked. They had been walking through a lane way to meet their friends at the bronze when all of a sudden he’d pushed her into the wall and was looking at her with darkened eyes.

“William?”***

Oh no this was just too much. The scent of her arousal had just increased by a tenfold and her heart had sped up. To top it off she was talking now. Well if she could talk then she could probably hear him.

Spike growled and his hands slipped just under her shorts.

*** “Shhh kitten, I’m gonna make it all better baby.”

Buffy giggled. “Did you just growl at me William?”

“Call me Spike tonight princess.” He answered and sunk his fingers into her heat. She sucked in a breath and smiled at him slyly.

“Alright then Spike. Where gonna be late if we don’t leave now.”

Another growl, another flow of juices from between her legs. “I don’t bleedin’ care Buffy, tonight’s about you, about what you need.”

“And what do I need?” she managed to gasp out as his thumb flicked her clit.

“Me.”***


Bleeding fuck! She was talking back as if she was awake and having a conversation with him…it was almost unbearable. His erection throbbed against his jeans and he shut his eyes tightly, tonight was about her he reminded himself.







Spike pressed a small kiss to her forehead and exited through the open window. He looked back and smirked. He had made her scream and scream, and then scream once more. Although his own needs still needed tending he couldn’t have been happier. He looked at the sheets that where gathered around her legs and couldn’t help but smile. They where practically soaked and it was his hands that had caused it.

“Sweet dreams princess” he said as he jumped down into the yard.

“Bye Spike.” A still sleeping Buffy answered softly with a satiated smile on her lips.




Druscilla looked at Angel and beamed.

“Aren’t you going to answer the door daddy?” she said in a hushed tone although no one had knocked.

Angel walked to the door of the crypt and pulled the handle. There, standing on the other side, through the puff of smoke that had just been blown in his face, was a young man with bleached hair and a leather coat. He knew the boys scent.

“Is the misses in?”

Angel growled at the new vamp. Angelus was dying to come out and make the boy kneel down to him. He was his grandsire and he demanded respect.

Spike growled right back and pushed past him. “Don’t get your knickers in a twist old man, I’ve just got a few questions for the lady and I’ll be on my way.”


Spike walked over to the now twirling Dru and stopped her suddenly by placing his hands on her arms.

“WHY?” he roared and she whimpered.

“Aren’t you happy sweet boy? Mummy’s gone and taken away that nasty light that blinded you, flitted about you like a nasty bug.”

Spike felt his anger start to boil as his fangs came down. “Wrong! It’s still there, still inside me and it hates you.” He bellowed.

Dru swiped her nails across his face, the same two she had used to cut herself so that he could feed from her those few nights ago. “Naughty boy you are, you belong nowhere, your caught in between.”

Angel took that opportunity to speak up. “What do you mean Dru?”

“He’s all black and white daddy, just like the first tv’s” Dru spat out.

Spike looked at her and laughed, gaining the other two’s attention. “Has anyone ever told you youre fucking retarded? And you,” he pointed at Angel, “You’re a sick fuck for not dusting her and sparing her the misery of living forever with the way she is!”

Angel growled again and lunged at Spike who just dodged out of the way quickly, making his elder stumble and fall. He placed a boot on Angel’s head and ground his face into the dirt that covered the floor. Looking again at Dru he spoke.

“What’s wrong with me? Why am I like this?” he pleaded.

Dru walked up and placed her hand on his, all previous malice gone from her face. “I didn’t make you.” She pouted.

“Yes you did, you bit me, you turned me!” he yelled.

“I only brought you back.” She said sadly and sunk to her knees whimpering, she would speak no more.






Spike tore out of the crypt and ran to the only place he knew he could find some answers. Home. He needed to know what the retard had been spouting off about. When he’d woken up he’d seen things, through his link to Dru he supposed. He knew who Angel/Angelus was, he knew how Dru had become a vamp, he knew who had sired Angel. He guessed it to be ‘family vamp history 101’ but things still weren’t adding up. Why did he not feel the need to be with his sire, why did he not feel the need to feed off people…well he did but he had no urge whatsoever to kill them, he would be fine with any blood he got.


When he got to his house he saw Giles’s car in the driveway and went around the back. It was just after twelve and he figured the man would be leaving soon. He sat in the shadows and waited patiently.







Willow sat at home and cried. Oz had broken his plans with her again, just like he had yesterday. Was there something wrong with her? Did he not love her anymore? Willow wiped her eyes and put on her resolve face. She wouldn’t stay at home feeling sorry for herself. She’d go to his house and make him tell her the truth.

She dressed and headed out. When she reached his door she thanked the heavens that his roommate Devon wasn’t in. Not that he usually was, he was always back and forth from here to L.A negotiating contract terms for their band. He had yet to find one that suited their needs, which was fine by her. The longer they had no contract the longer they stayed in Sunnydale.

She walked up the stairs and knocked on the door. After a moment she rang again. Still no answer. She pulled the extra key out from under the welcome matt and went inside. What she heard chilled her to the bone.
It sounded like something was howling.

She approached the basement steps and put her ear to the door. Yup. Definitely howling. She shivered at the loneliness the sound held and walked to Oz’s room. He wasn’t there so she grabbed a crossbow from under his bed (he was always prepared) and sat down. She kept her eyes on the door and the crossbow raised, waiting for her lover to come back.






Andrew sat on the floor in his room going through everything he had that reminded him of William.

At the moment he was looking through a photo album he’d started about a year and a half ago. The day he’d met William actually.

He flipped through the pages and smiled fondly at the memories they held.

Him and William standing next to a life sized stand up of Luke Skywalker and holding fake light sabers.

William giving him the finger with a smile on his face and a wig on his head. It had been for their act in last year’s talent show…. it was a long story!

William picking himself up from the ground after falling down in the SDH hallway after seeing Buffy for the first time.


Andrew wiped a tear from his face and silently thanked the girl. She had given William so much and he hoped she realised that. He closed the book and sighed. God he missed his friend. But he was in a better place now!





“I’m in hell!!!” Spike cried as his hands covered his ears. He was in the backyard and he could still hear the noises coming from his mother’s room. That’s not what he had had in mind when he had left that letter for Giles telling he had his blessings!!!



Finally the noises stopped and Spike almost cried in joy. Once he was sure Giles was gone he knocked on the back door.

When it opened he growled and Jenny smiled. “Sorry….”

“Bloody well should be!” he hissed as he walked by her……. “Why don’t I need an invitation? We need to talk mum, there’s something ‘off’ with the demon in me or something. It’s not acting……”


“Like a bloodthirsty animal that only cares about itself?”


Spike looked at her open mouthed. “Well, yeah….. But there’s other stuff too.”

“Tell me.” Jenny said as they sat and talked, Spike giving her every detail of what he could.


When he was done she stood up. “So you’re connected to Buffy somehow, maybe it’s because you love her?”

He shook his head. “I love you and I can’t feel you.”

Jenny smiled briefly at the admittance. “Okay well the only time I’ve heard of a vampire being able to feel a human is through a claim but since you haven’t seen Buffy, let alone marked her I don’t see how that’s possible!”


Spike looked up as realisation dawned on him. “Halloween!”




Please let me know what you thought!