Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanx to Cecilia my awesome beta for all her help and her ideas!!!!
Giles woke up early the next morning to the sound of his phone ringing and picked up. It was Buffy. He knew something was wrong because it was eight in the morning and Buffy didn’t usually drag herself out of bed until at least twelve!

“Hey Giles, you have some time to research something for me?”

“Yes, of course, what is it Buffy?”

“Last night at William’s…at the spot,” she couldn’t even say the word grave; it sounded so impersonal! “I got this rush of pain and a whole lot of emotions kinda flowed through me, only they weren’t my own. The pain is gone. It left after a few moments but the emotions keep coming back.”

“I see.”

“Are you cleaning your glasses?”

“Yes.”

Buffy giggled at that and Giles was only too happy to hear that sound. He knew it would take more than a week for her to get over William’s passing but laughter was a definite step in the right direction.

“So you think you can look it up for me?”

“I’ll get right on it Buffy and no worries! We’ll figure this out soon!”

“Thanks Giles, bye!”


Giles hung up the phone and headed for his books.











Willows eyes widened when Oz walked through the door of his room, slowly setting the crossbow down. “Where were you?”

“We need to talk.” Oz said in a tired voice, “but can we sleep first?”

Willow nodded her response. Oz climbed into bed next to her and pulled her close. ‘Maybe things aren’t that bad after all’ she thought as she drifted to sleep in her lover’s arms.







Jenny walked down the hall and into Spike’s room. She smiled fondly when she saw him sleeping and thought back to the conversation they’d had in the early morning hours.



“Halloween!” Spike almost yelled.

“What happened on Halloween?” Jenny asked confused.

“I turned into my costume. I was a vampire.” They both paused a moment, the irony not lost on either one of them. “Anyway, when I was all fangy I bit Buffy. I claimed her!”


Jenny gasped. Her son had taken a wife and even though, it was in a demon sense and because of a weird spell, he hadn’t told her! She swatted him upside the head.

“What the bloody hell was that for?” he growled.

“For not telling me you got married!” she chided.

“Soddin’ hell mum, I turned human again not long afterwards which pretty much annulled the marriage…until now!”

Jenny smiled. “I guess the ‘till death do us part’ section of the marriage doesn’t count in this case, huh?”

Spike growled and Jenny raised her hands in surrender. “Alright I’m done teasing, relax,” she said lovingly and sat down to listen to the rest of his rant.

“Anyway, I have no ties to my sire. Well I do…I mean I can kind of feel her and I know our ‘family history’ but that’s it. I don’t have the love for her or the respect that I should. And she said she didn’t make me, she only brought me back.”

He slumped down in the chair next to his mum and put his head on the table. She started running her hands over his hair absentmindedly as she thought of what it all meant.

“Holy shit!”

“Watch your mouth mum, it’s unbecoming.” Spike teased.

Jenny smiled and started to speak. “You where a vampire on Halloween and now your sire is telling you she didn’t make you!”

“Um yeah, I just told you that but thanks for the recap.”

“Stop being sarcastic, William.” At his low growl Jenny sighed, “Stop being sarcastic SPIKE. What I’m trying to tell you is that Dru didn’t make you, the spell on Halloween did!”


“What the bloody hell are you spouting off about? I was human a half hour later!”

“I know sweetie but nonetheless, a demon was created for you and only you. It wasn’t a regular demon; it was a magickal one designed solely for you as its vessel. So when Dru turned you, the same demon that was made for you that night was put back into you!”

“Bloody hell!” Spike whispered and then grinned like the cat that ate the canary. “I’m a special boy!”

“We still don’t know what this means, Spike. It could definitely be why you aren’t like the other vampires. It could also be why you don’t have the same kind of blood lust. Strong magicks created your demon to adapt to living in a still human body that was only mystically changed into a vampire. Underneath the spell you still had a beating heart and you where still human so the demon was made to fit those qualities.”

“So maybe I don’t need blood?”

“I doubt that but it probably means you can go longer without it and the thirst won’t drive you to kill innocent people!”

“What about bad people?” Spike asked with a smirk.

Jenny gave him the evil eye and he shut his gob. Maybe she was right though. The little bit of blood he’d taken from her earlier had kept him almost full until even now. Admittedly, he was a little peckish but it wasn’t consuming him or anything.

While he’d been lost in thought Jenny had walked to the fridge and pulled out a bag, its liquid red contents making Spike growl. She tossed him the bag and he tore into it. Even if he wasn’t all that hungry, you couldn’t put a bag of blood in front of him and expect him to deny it!

When he was done, he smiled and wiped his mouth. “What was that? Wasn’t too bad.”

“Pig’s blood.”

He began to gag and Jenny laughed. “This is just like the time you ate spinach and loved it but, once I told you what it was, you made yourself throw up.”

Spike glowered at her and bared his fangs but she just smiled and ignored it. “I’m gonna go to bed.”

He walked to his old room and left a smug faced Jenny to herself, smiling after him.




She was brought out of her reverie when she heard Spike start to mumble.

When she stepped closer to his bed the word Buffy could be heard tumbling from his lips.

Jenny sighed and prayed to a god that now hated her baby to make his unlife as easy as possible on him and to give him back the only thing he’d wanted in life—Buffy!

She walked down the stairs and went in search of some old books her uncle had given her. She wanted to see if she was right about her theory on what Spike really was and what that meant for him!


A special great big thanx to Cecilia for her great ideas and her beta-ing!!! You’re amazing.
And to all those who left those awesome reviews, here’s my tribute to you!!! Thanks to: Dannii, Cecilia, BuffyandSpikeForever, Sarah g, Shelly, Saltygoodness, Lacey, Blondiebear, PyroDeScorpio, Aisling, Seraiza, Jess, Brat, Kattie, Shippy, Caitie, Mermaid310, Spuffette, Flibble, Pam, Neo and Becky…. I don’t know what I’d do without all of you guys, you’re the best!!!!


Please let me know what you thought guys!!!