Author's Chapter Notes:
I know things are moving slowly between Wuffy ( lol ) but please bare with it. Im doing this so their bond is more believable before hes turned, i think it would give more to the story that way....
Special thanx to : Raspy_Luv, Brat, spikes_niblet, spfette, Caitie, Saltygoodness and Lauren. You guys are wonderful!!!





Buffy dragged her ass out of bed and got in the shower. She was sore all over. The demon she’d gone up against last night had been vicious but she’d torn him apart. Literally. Starting with the arms.

“No gross thoughts in the shower.” Buffy said to herself as the warm water soothed her sore muscles until she relaxed.

She shampooed her hair three times to make sure their was no demon goo in it and stepped out to get dressed.

She pulled her hair into a ponytail and applied a light lip gloss, nothing else. She pulled out a pair of baggy three quarter jeans and a Spongebob tank top and headed out. She didn’t care who you where or even how old, Spongebob was in!!!

While she was walking to school she let her thoughts drift to William and she sighed. She really didn’t want him hurt but she really didn’t want him not in her life either. She wished things where different so she could let him know what was really going on in Sunnydale and what she was all about. Sometimes she felt like taking a megaphone and announcing it in the caf.

“Hello morons of Sunnydale, vamps and demons do exist so how about we forego late night strolls through alley ways and hanging out in cemeteries cuz I am so wicked tired of saving your ungrateful asses!!!”


She wished to god she could do that. It would make her life that much more simple. But simple was not the life of the slayer. It never was, never would be. After he had agreed to tutor her the bell had rang signalling all slacker students to get their asses in gear and get to class so the electric feel of his hand on her skin had only lasted a moment physically but the fact of the matter was it would stay ingrained in her memories forever.

She walked up the steps to the school and headed for her first class, biology with Willow. At least she had her friend to chat with. Willow already knew this stuff inside and out so she didn’t mind using the class as a ‘talk to best friend’ period or having to tutor Buffy for it later. She actually liked doing it. Strange, strange girl Buffy thought fondly as she took her seat next to Willow in the lab.

She plopped down very unceremoniously next to her friend and grumbled something about the devil and morning class bio. Willow stifled a giggle and the note passing began.

W:Still sore from last night?

B: Ya my back is killing me. I think it’ll be about a week before the kink is gone.

W: That sucks big time. Im so happy that my fire spell went right on that vamp me Giles and Xander fought.

B: Look at you!!! All with the power. Just be sure to keep it in check okay? I don’t want you to go all black eyed/hair like in the movies and try to end the world!

W: (Gasp) I would never do that. I’ll be all pink bubble magick like Glinda in the Wizard of Oz, promise!!!

B: Good to know…..

W: So you and William, study buddies huh?

B: Yup

W: And?

B: And what?

W: are you gonna make with the smoochies?

B: (sigh) Maybe in a different lifetime Wills. It’s too dangerous to have him be a biggie in my life.

W: I’m in your life.

B: So?

W: I’m not chalk full of super strength and I’m okay.

B: You’re a witch Willow and youre careful.

W: Fine but Xan doesn’t have anything power wise going for him and hes in your life. When are you gonna stop using the slayer excuse to keep men out?

Buffy looked at her friend in shock. She was completely right.

B: Youre right Wills, maybe I will give him a chance……if I get to know him and I think he can handle it.

W: That sounds fair!

Just then the teacher started handing out a pop quiz paper. Buffy scribbled one last thing to Willow and started the test.

Willow looked down at the paper and smiled. Scribbled in large spaced out letters was the word F U C K.

She ripped the letter to destroy all evidence of it’s existence and tossed it in the trash bin close to her desk before letting a smile cover her face as she started the exam. She loved pop quizzes!


Down the hall in the library-


William had a free period so he was in the library stacks looking for a book on poetry. They where his favorite kind. He loved getting lost in the feel of someone elses words. They created their own world and he loved to explore them.

He picked one out and sat at the table in the middle of the room to read.

A few moments later the librarian, Mr Giles walked out of his office and looked at William with a smile.

“Mr Calendar, so nice to see you here again.”

“Hello sir.” William answered quietly and went back to reading.

Giles studied the boy whose nose was down in the book. He was a decent young man and Giles had to respect a lad who loved his books. It angered him that he was picked on so often. Quite frequently his mother would join him for tea on their breaks in the staff room and tell him stories of the boys youthful experiences. He had a soft spot for young William and an even softer spot for his beautiful mother. Jenny had grown on him in the last year since she’d been here.

The boys father had died when he was just an infant and Giles felt for him. Every boy needed a father figure. He cleared his throat and William looked up.

“Do you mind if I have a few words with you?” the watcher asked politely.

“Not a’tall.” William said and placed his book mark on the page he was on before gently closing the book.

“Well William, I was wondering if….well you see…(cough)….”

William saw how red Giles was turning and bit back his smirk. He had a feeling this was coming from the way his mother talked about him all the time with the same goofy smile that he had when he talked about Buffy to his friend Andrew.

“You’re asking me if I’d mind if you asked my mum out?”

Giles blushed and nodded his yes, not able to look the young boy in the eyes. This was so embarrassing.

“I think it would be lovely, as long as you treated her right, yeah?”

“Of course I would William. Im very fond of your mother, I would never be less then kind to her.”

“Well then sir you have my blessing.” William said with a smile as Giles stood up beaming with happiness.

“Thank you William, this means a lot to me as it will to your mother.”

“I just want to see her happy sir.” William confessed.

“As do I.” Giles said softly. “It’s what she wants for you too.”

“I know.” William said softly and reopened his book. He knew his mom wanted him to find someone. That she worried that he was too lonely. But in this life their was only one girl for him, Buffy. If he couldn’t have her he didn’t want anyone. Afetr all who could see perfection in all it’s glory and settle for less?
A small smile graced his mouth. This Saturday he was going to go to her house to help her study for the midterm. If he couldn’t have her as his then at least he could have her as a friend. And that was more then enough for William.





The cafeteria was noisy as usual and Buffy was poking her fork at something the lunch lady had called meatloaf. Truth be told it looked like what Buffy had washed out of her hair that morning and with that thought in mind she put her fork down. Appetite forgotten.


Oz, Willow, Xander and Anya where all having a discussion about the benefits of making out…well Anya was while Willow and Xander where blushing and Oz just seemed to be taking it in strides, the way he always did.

Which left Buffy out of the loop and all by herself since their was no kissage in her life. Just then she spotted Anya and William walk into the caf and waved them over. William sat across from her and Andrew sat next to him.

As everyone started talking the two newbies visibly relaxed, they seemed to be accepted here at this table with no questions asked. It felt good.

William looked at Buffy and returned her smile.

“Ready for the weekend William, it’s gonna be brutal.” She teased about their upcoming study session.

“Somehow I think I’ll make it through pet.”

‘Shit I just called her pet, I haven’t used nicknames since Cecily’ he thought worriedly but when he saw the smile and the slight tint it brought to her cheeks he decided he’d be using them a lot more often around this girl.

“I don’t know, it can get pretty rough.” She continued playing their game but then Xander looked up and opened his big stupid mouth.

“You think someone who can kick a vampires ass could tackle history.”

Everyone went quiet and stared at him in shock.

William put his fork down and looked at Buffy.

“Did he just say you could kick a vampires ass?” he asked calmy, but it was that eerie kind of calm.

“Hell no” Buffy practically yelled, “He said tramp liars ass.” She blurted out in a panic.

“So you can kick a tramp liars ass?” He was clearly amused now.

“Yup, if some tramp lies about me I’ll take her down.”

The two laughed at that and William put it away in a file in his mind that was labelled ‘Things to ask Buffy when I get the chance’. He knew that wasn’t what he heard and he wasn’t completely stupid. He knew weird things happened in Sunnydale. Hell his mom was a pagan for christs sake, he wasn’t close minded. But that was a conversation for a different time and place, not in front of his friend or hers.

Buffy mentally whoo-hoo’d herself for the cover up.


Just then Andrew pulled out his video camera, it was a small hand held one and Spike sighed.

“Not again mate.” William begged but it was too late, the camera was aimed at Buffy and the recorder was on.

Buffy was just looking at Andrew like he was crazy as he started to talk into the mic.

“Hello there, gentle viewers. I see you caught me catching up on an old favorite of mine. “Buffy, slayer of the trampliars.” He said tramp liars as if it where one word and pointed the camera around the table, taking everyone in.

Everyone had to crack up at that, Xander even spit his drink out on the table although admittedly it wasn’t hard to get him to do.

Andrew put the camera away and beamed as Anya ruffled his hair. He was accepted, geekyness and all. He’d never felt so welcome except for with William. He sighed happily and put his chin onto his hand and drifted away to a place only he could see, a place where the fields where lush and green and their was unicorns and best of all he was a god. He’d had this place in his mind for quite sometime only now it wasn’t only him and Spike, there was a whole bunch of other gods/goddesses now.

“Um, does he do that often?” Buffy asked William as the other couples resumed their talk about relationships.

“Sadly yes.” William answered as he glared fondly at his dazed friend.

Buffy smiled. “I think it’s cute.”

William was about to answer when Anya interrupted him.

“So are you going to be giving Buffy her much needed orgasms soon?”

William choked on nothing and Buffy paled.

Xander turned to Anya. “Sweetheart, remember that conversation we had about what not to say to people?”

“Well forgive a girl for being curious, I’m Buffy’s friend and I had a question to ask. Why shouldn’t I ask it?” she huffed.

“Because it would be like asking you to talk about bunnies sweetie.”

“You bastard!!!” she shrieked and stormed off but not before turning to say one last thing. “No orgasms for one week for you!” she finished as she stomped out of the caf leaving Xander and their whole table mortified but amused.

“You should go after her man.” Oz said simply and Xander got up to follow her trail.

William looked at Buffy shyly.

She shrugged and laughed. “Welcome to our world William.”




Please please let me know what you think so far!!!!I'll love you forever :)