Author's Chapter Notes:
The next chap will be pure spuffy. Me and my Beta Cecilia will be writing it together and she has great ideas so lets leave a review guys :) We have two people to inspire for the next update and a promise of wicked Spuffy :)
Thanx to beta Cecilia and to all my readers and reviewers, you guys are beyond incredible xxx!



Xander and Anya fidgeted nervously while Willow set up the necessary twenty black candles around them in a circle.


“Correct me if I’m wrong, and I don’t think I am, but isn’t black of the dark magick variety Wills?” Xander half teased.

“Yes, but it’s important for the spell. It’s ninety-nine percent white and a teeny one percent dark. No worries, I can handle it guys.

“It looks more like twenty percent dark to me, seeing as how there’s twenty black candles and all.” Anya added.

Willow huffed angrily. “Are you guys with me or not?”

“Easy Willow, we’re just curious about the effects it’s gonna have.” Xander said with his hands raised as if in surrender.

“Xander, the effects it’ll have will be good for Buffy, I promise. I’ve explained it over and over to you guys. You have to trust me on this.”

“Why?” Anya quipped.

“Why what?” Willow asked aggravated.

“Why do we have to trust you?”

“Because I’m Buffy’s best friend and I know what’s best for her.”

“Doesn’t Buffy know what’s best for Buffy?” Anya shot back.

Willow sat down opposite them; they formed a triangle inside the circle. “No. Her grief is blinding her. We have to do what she can’t. Make her see the good again. Now are you ready?”


Willow reached for their hands and began to chant once they had all closed their eyes.

“I implore you goddess of life, hear my plea,
Show my friend what she can’t see.”

At this, Willow placed a picture of Buffy in the middle of them and lit a red candle at the same time.

“Take the pain caused by grief,
Give to her your kind relief.”

Willow took the jar of herbs she’d mixed for the spell and poured it over the picture. The red candle flame started to jump and dance as if alive and Willow’s head whipped back, staring at the ceiling.

“Make it so she cannot feel,
And with my blood I seal our deal.”

She poked the tip of her finger with a small blade and one, single drop of blood splashed onto the picture before everything went dark.


Xander and Anya’s eyes had snapped open at the mention of Willow’s blood and a moment later the candles had blown out. Only there was no breeze in the room save the one that seemed to have appeared around Willow. Her hair blew and whipped across her face and she looked at them with black eyes.

“So mote it be!” she screamed before collapsing.










Buffy had been walking through the cemetery on patrol when it hit her. She’d been forcing back her tears for the millionth time that week when all of a sudden she didn’t have to. There were no tears that needed to be shed.


She sat on the grass and put her hands on her head, breathing deeply. Something was off here…this definitely didn’t feel right. The pain was gone. But so was the love she had once had, as well as her hope and her anger, her fire and her joy.

As Buffy stood again she let out a growl. Her now amber eyes scanned the cemetery while she sniffed the air, attempting to pick up a familiar scent. She didn’t know exactly who she was searching for, only that there was burning desire in her to find the scent she knew she’d recognize.



Spike shot out of his bed and threw on the clothes his mum had washed and put out for him. He didn’t know why but his demon’s instincts where taking over, his human emotions getting pushed to the sidelines. With a snarl he raced to the graveyard with a single purpose. He had to find his mate.




Xander had panicked and phoned Giles. After explaining the situation, Giles asked in an eerily calm voice what words she had used for the incantation. Xander couldn’t remember it perfectly but explained what he could.

“I don’t know Giles, she started talking about her blood sealing a deal so that Buffy couldn’t feel anymore. It was to take away her pain…we thought it’d be a good thing Giles…”

“You idiots!” Giles roared, cutting Xander off. “Tampering with forces the likes of which you can’t even begin to conceive seemed like a good idea? How could you? You can’t possibly comprehend what you could have done to Buffy. Because of you she could be hurt now or possibly even dead. How is that a good thing?”

“We didn’t think….”

“Of course you didn’t. And am I to assume our friend the witch was behind this?”

“Yes.” Xander whispered as he looked over taking in the sight of a still unconscious Willow straddled by Anya, who was repeatedly slapping the crap out of her face in an attempt to wake her.

“I’ll be right over. I have to know what spell she used in order to reverse its effects. Do try not to cause any further trouble in the meantime.”

Giles hung up the phone and raced to Jenny’s, quickly filled her in and together they went to Xander’s. Jenny had heard Spike wake up with a growl, her maternal instinct telling her that he was going to Buffy. She knew that after tonight her secret wouldn’t be a secret any longer.


After Giles put Willow on the bed, he picked up the book that had been lying next to her.

“Oh dear God,” he whispered.

Jenny took the book from him and gasped. Seeing Anya and Xander’s looks, she explained.

“You haven’t only taken away her pain, you’ve taken away everything that made her human. You’ve put her into a feral, animalistic state. She’s primal.”

Fear clenched Jenny’s heart like a vice. There was a primal slayer somewhere out there with her son, the vampire. She looked at Giles panic stricken and they started to research a reversal spell. The only thing keeping her sane was the hope that the claim would save her boy until they found a spell to fix this.

A thought hit Jenny then and she relaxed somewhat. Perhaps Spike was as affected by the spell as Buffy was. Their claim was stronger than any she’d ever heard of. For the same claim to exist twice with only one bite was nothing less than a miracle, so maybe he would be fine against the slayer. If she was primal there was a good chance he was too. She just prayed to the god and goddess that they wouldn’t tear each other apart.







Buffy tensed, turning slowly and letting a small warning growl vibrate through her. She lowered herself to the ground, one hand in front of her, the muscles in her legs tightly coiled and ready to pounce.

The person in front of her stood deathly still. She approached him slowly and made her way up his body noting that he made no effort to stop her. She sniffed his neck and snarled. He responded with a low guttural growl that vibrated within her as she buried her face in his neck. This was the one she’d been looking for–this was her mate.

Spike had managed to stay still until he felt her skin make contact with his. Her touch on his neck sent electric shocks through his whole body. He scooped her up into his arms and kicked open the door of the nearest crypt. All he knew was her, that she was his. There were no tears of joy at being reunited, no happy smiles or soothing words of love and devotion. There was only need. Pure, basic and in its rawest form demanding to be met.



Please let me know what you guys thought, if im properly inspired i might have the next chap up by tonight :) Either way it'll be up soon but come on, indulge me and review! pretty please lol