Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanx to Cecilia my beta and to all of you who have been reading and reviewing, the end is coming and i hope you all like it :)
“Unfuckenbelievable!” Giles screamed and Jenny came running to the dining room where his voice had come from.

“Giles!” she said astonished at his language.

He blushed for a moment but shook it off, this was far too important.

“I’ve found it Jenny.” he beamed.

“Found what Rupert? You’re confusing me.”

“What Spike is, why he’s different, why he’s here and why he’s tied to Buffy.”

He handed Jenny the book he’d had flown in from his personal ‘stash’ in England and she almost passed out.

“Oh my God.” she breathed softly as Giles wrapped his arms around her and she let the tears fall.









“Where are you going kitten?” Spike asked groggily. It was only twelve in the afternoon and he’d woken to find Buffy packing her weapons bag and freshly showered.

“Nowhere.” She lied, badly.

He scowled and a low rumble reverberated in his throat. Buffy sighed and sat next to him on the bed.

“There are…some things I need to take care of, so that nothing can hurt us.


Spike sprang from the bed instantly. “I won’t let you go after Dru Buffy.”

At the narrowing of her pretty eyes Spike had to suppress a gulp. Sometimes he forgot she wasn’t just his girl, she was the slayer too, and she was damn scary.

“Do you have feelings for her Spike?”

The tone of voice froze his already dead body even more. “S’not like that princess, you know you’re the only one for me. Till my second death do us part and all that but she’s dangerous luv. She killed me.”

“She won’t kill me. I’m the slayer.”

“It doesn’t matter who you are Buffy. All it takes is one good day for a vampire and you’re gone, the next waiting to be called gets supercharged and you’re sitting on a cloud playing a bloody harp and polishing your halo.”

Buffy ran her hand across his cheek softly and gave him a small smile. “I won’t get dead baby. Besides you promised me you’d never get in the way of what I have to do, and I have to do this. For me, for you, for us.”


Spike slapped her hand away and growled. He hated the hurt he saw in her eyes but he couldn’t help it, he was worried. Druscilla was strong. She could also fuck with your head. He had no doubt that physically Buffy had the upper hand but mentally, Dru could tap into you and make you see things and do things that you had no control over.

“I forbid you to go.”

“And I tell you to go fuck yourself Spike. I’m not your puppy dog, I’m your mate. I wont do your will at the snap of your fingers or at one of the growls you give me. I want her to pay for what she took from me, even if it was only for a little while.”

Spike picked up the lamp on the nightstand and threw it against the wall. “I won’t let you go Buffy. If anyone deserves to take her out it’s me. You want vengeance for what she took from you? What about what she took from me Buffy? She took my life for Christ sake.”


Buffy only looked at him with watery eyes and took off from the house. Spike stared open mouthed, the surreal feeling that she had fled from him hurt like a bitch, but only for a moment. Then reality came back. Buffy was on her way to face his sire, alone. She was in danger. Without a second thought to the mid-day sun in the sky Spike tore out of the house right on her heels.


He caught up to her at Restfield cemetery where Dru was staying in one of the crypts. He called her name and when she turned she stopped dead in her tracks.

“Spike?” came her uncertain voice.

“How the bloody fuck else would it be chasing you like an idiot pet?”

“How?”

“Um, I used my two legs. I moved them one in front of the other rapidly and-“

“HOW ARE YOU IN THE SUN JACKASS?”

Spike took a moment to look around and several more to bask in the warmth on his skin.

“I don’t rightly know.” He said softly and with awe in his voice. He opened his arms and Buffy flew into them, both of them laughing, their fight now forgotten.

“I thought I’d never get to do some things with you again baby. We can go to the beach, take walks, fly kites….”

“I’m not bloody likely to fly a kite luv, ruin my image it would.” He said with a smile. “So shall we go slay some sire?”

“Let’s.” Buffy said daintily as they held each other’s hands. No longer in a rush to get there they walked through the graveyard with their faces aimed towards the sky.


When they finally reached the crypt they had been looking for they turned and held each other’s gaze.

“Ready?” Buffy asked.

He nodded his head. “She’s mine unless I need help, sound fair?”

Buffy nodded her head and then kicked in the door.

The screams that filled the crypt where horrendous. Also male and female.

When Buffy’s eyes adjusted to the dark she gaped when she saw Angel standing next to that bitch. Spike had described her briefly but he’d failed to mention how very creepy she was.

“You’ve burned mummy with two sunshines, no sweets for you.” Dru said angrily to Spike and approached him. Buffy on the other hand went to Angel.

With her mouth set in a thin line she was surprised she managed to choke out the words “What are you doing here?”

“Don’t let the sunshine burn you daddy.” Dru called out to Angel.

Buffy’s eyes widened. “You made her? Why?”

“It wasn’t me” Angel whined, “It was Angelus.”

Buffy pulled out her stake and raised it. “If there’s one thing Spike has taught me it’s that the soul and the demon become one and the same. You turned her, wether or not you say it doesn’t count, it’s because of you that my boyfriend got killed.”

She advanced and Angel backed himself into a corner, his arms raised in surrender. He gave a small smile to the slayer and said “You can’t kill me Buffy, you’re meant to be my salvation.”

It was the smile that did it. She plunged the stake into his heart lightning fast and when he looked at her with shocked eyes she answered. “That’s why I have too, rest in piece Angel.”

At Dru’s agonizing scream Buffy turned to see Spike knock her down. He stood above her, chest heaving unnecessarily.

“You can’t kill me. Where connected my sweet boy.”

“I can feel you.” Spike admitted.

Buffy frowned. “You can?”

He looked at his maker and he looked at his lover and he smiled. “Ya, kinda stings.”

And as easy as that, Dru was dust.

Buffy ran to him and kissed him roughly before they stepped out into the sun yet again. Their new life ahead of them, looking bright.




The next chap is the epilogue so please let me know what you thought.