Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanx so much for everyone whos reviewed, i love you guys!!! It means a lot that youve left me your opinions!!!XXX
Buffy was walking through the cemetery whistling and twirling her stake, there was no real action going on tonight. It was boring. Not that she liked slashing demons or dusting vamps, it was really bad for her pores but she had this kinda crazy slayer energy that was begging to be released and with nothing to do she was getting frustrated so she decided to head to Willy’s Bar.

She walked in and the crowd eyed her warily. She grinned as one fledging stood up and snarled at her.

“Human.” It hissed.

Buffy withheld a smile. The newbie had no idea she was the slayer.

“Yup.” She said brightly and batted her lashes.

It came at her clumsily and spilled a Varga’s demons beer in the process. They where big and they where mean but they where just the cutest shade of pink Buffy decided.

The varga demon ripped off the vamps head with a simple twist and then poof- dust.

Buffy frowned. “You took away my plaything.” She whined.

“Whats it to you little girl?”

Buffy huffed. “Doesn’t anybody know what a slayer is anymore?”

The demon smiled showing off gigantic teeth, kinda like a sharks. “Care to take this outside slayer?”

“You betcha.” She chirped.

They walked outside and faced off. The varga lunged at her but it was too slow and Buffy kicked it square in the knee. It must have hurt like a bitch but it got up right away and lunged again.

It got a series of punches in to her face and she winced, she knew it wouldn’t bruise though, being the slayer definitely had it’s perks. She grabbed its neck and turned its back to her as she twisted its neck. As it slumped to the floor Buffy walked out of the alley with a grin on her face. Her slayer was satisfied and she was just hungry.

She walked home with thoughts of tomorrows study session playing in her mind.





William walked home Friday after school and dropped his school bag in his room before heading downstairs. He went straight for the weights hed been using for the past three years. After 20 reps of those he started with his sit ups. He knew he would always be ‘small’, hed known since he was fourteen and when he’d told his mom she’d come home later that night with a bunch of gym equipment.

He’d looked at her as if she was crazy and Jenny had simply replied. “Just because you’ll always be small doesn’t mean youll always be weak.”

He was 18 now and since the day his mom had told him that hed been working out whenever he could. Not that he’d ever show off his muscles or any such thing, it was too improper but he was glad to have them, they always came in handy.

He’d also joined a karate class when he’d moved to Sunnydale to increase his strength and stamina. It was definitely paying off, the instructor said he was a natural. Only two people knew he was a blackbelt. His mum and Andrew, besides the instructor that is. He was proud of his ability to learn the art so quickly and never showed it off. It was strickly for self defense. He would only use it in a life or death situation, never in a schoolyard fight or to impress everyone.


He went upstairs to shower after hitting his punching bag for a few minutes to cool down. He dried off and sat down in front of computer to start making study sheets for Buffy. She would pass the class he promised himself as he began to eagerly type.








The door bell rang at 11 am sharp and Buffy smiled as she bounded down her stairs. Of course he would be punctual she thought with a smile.


She opened the door and William stood there shocked. He’d never seen her dressed so….casually, he’d never seen her look so beautiful.

“You look great” he blurted out and ducked his head in embarrassment.

Buffy giggled and put her hand on his shoulder, he looked up in surprise.

“You know William I think only you can make me feel gorgeous while im wearing joggers and a tank top, please, come in.” she said softly and moved away from the door to allow him entry.

His eyes sparkled and Buffy had to remember to breathe, it was hard though, he was so adorable with his black dress pants and tucked in white polo top.


“Thanx pet.” He said as he walked into the living room. “Nice place you have here.” He added.

“Thanx, daddy dearest wouldn’t have anything less then wonderful for his only daughter.” She said sarcastically.

William cleared his throat. “Sorry if I upset you, I take it your fathers a sore spot?”

“Yup.” She said beaming again and signalled him to sit next to her on the couch. “You sure youre ready for this?”

“How hard could it really be Buffy?”

5 hours later William wanted to kill himself. She really wasn’t learning anything.

“I think ive done as much as I can study wise for today Buffy, I’ll try to think of a new way to help you, this one obviously isn’t working.” He said with a sigh.

Buffy saw his frustration and bit her lip. “I’m sorry I wasted your time William.”

He looked at her and smiled softly, “Time spent with you could never be a waste princess.”

He stood up and walked to the door. “Well ill be off then, im sure you have better things to do with your time.”

Buffy walked over and took his hand off the handle. “Why do you say things like that?”

“Like what pet?”

“It’s like you think your not good enough to hang around me or something, I don’t like it.” She said with a pout.

“Oh look at that lip.” William said with a laugh, it was so adorable.

“You like it?” Buffy asked with a wicked smile.

“Well yeah.” He admitted with a smirk.

“Come and get it then.” She said with a laugh and bounded up the steps to hide.

William let out a chuckle. He didn’t know what she was doing but if she wanted him to chase her he’d do it till the end of the world.

He walked up the steps slowly but loudly singing “One two Im coming for you. Three four better lock your door. Five six-“ before he reached the top he could hear her giggling from the bathroom.

He walked in quietly and pulled the shower curtain back swiftly and the hiding Buffy let out a squeal of delight.

“No fair, you cheated.” She said laughing. “Your not allowed to make me laugh.”

William smiled as he helped her out of the tub. She took his hand and smiled.

“Do you mind if I ask you a personal question William?”

“Not a’tall.”

“Would like to come to the bronze with me tonight?”

He laughed so hard he had tears in his eyes. “Funny Buffy, very funny.”

She looked at him like he had two heads. “Why is that funny?”

“You where serious?”

“Of course I was, why would I joke about something like that?”

“I don’t know, it just, caught me off guard is all.” He said and ran a hand through his curls.

Buffys face softened. “So….will you?”

“Ya, of course I’ll meet you there.”

They had walked back down the stairs to the front door now. Buffy’s smile got even bigger as she opened the door and let him out.

“Great, it’s a date then.” She said happily and closed the door in his face, leaving a very flustered and shocked to say the very least William standing on her porch in a daze. Buffy Anne Summers had just asked HIM for a date. ‘Holy fuck’ he mentally cursed, what am I gonna wear?’




Let me know what you thought please :)xxx