Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope you guys like it. Thanx so much to my reviewers and to my readers. I love you guys!!!
Special thanx to Lauren, BuffyandSpikeforever, Caitie, Brat, Sarah, Mariana, Baby Bri, Sarah G, Cindy…for reviewing the last two chapters. It means a lot to me




William ran his hands through his hair one last time. It was slicked back now instead of curly and loose and he put in his ‘special occasion’ contacts. He’d rushed home to find his mom at the table with her car keys in her hands.

“We need to get you some new clothes William, especially if you have a date tonight.”

“How the hell did you know that?”

“Come now, I am Janna, of the romani tribe, I see everything.” She said in a spooky carnival fortune teller voice.

William laughed and headed out to the car with her. He loved her so much. She always knew what he needed. Wether it was motherly instinct or creepy powers he didn’t care, he thought she was perfect the way she was and wouldn’t change her for the world.




Now he was back home and staring at himself in the mirror. He had to admit he looked different.

He was wearing a black wifebeater and black cargo pants. Over the form fitting undershirt he had a long sleeved red button up top. The first 4 buttons stayed undone and he wore the silver chain his mum had given him for his sixteenth birthday, it had been something his father had left for him when he passed.


‘Bloody hair’ William thought as a stray curl popped up and he had to use even more gel. He liked it though. This look didn’t scream ‘beat me up’ like his other look did. Truthfully he was tired of the other look but he’d never felt the urge to do anything about it. Until today. Until the very second Buffy had asked him on a date.

“Sod it” he mumbled and messed his hair so he could start over. ‘I’m gonna have to watch my mouth around Buffy’ he told himself. Swearing had always been the one thing he had to fight to keep in, his mum told him he got that from his fathers side.

He walked downstairs and out the door, not wanting to be late to pick Buffy up.



Buffy had just finished getting ready when the bell rang. She looked at the clock on her dresser. Yup, just as she’d expected he’d arrived at exactly nine on the dot.

She dashed down the stairs and flung open the door. William had had his head down and slowly but surely it was making its way up, a pause at her calfs, a grin at her cleavage and major eye poppage at her face.

“You look…..theres no word for how wonderful you look Buffy.”

She was wearing a baby blue sundress that hung to mid thigh with matching sandals and a purse. She wore a silver cross around her neck and a small hoop in each ear. Her hair was lightly curled and hung loose and she wore only minimal makeup.

Buffy didn’t even register the comment though as she was too busy making sure she wasn’t drooling over Williams new look. Not that the old one had been bad, but this was different. He looked like someone you didn’t want to fuck with and it was stunning.

“You….wow, William you look….”

“Stupid?”

“No” she shook her head softly trying to find the right word, “Hot.”

William blushed deeply. No one had EVER called him hot. Cute, adorable, all those things sure. They where friendly things to say to a guy you didn’t want to be with, but hot? Hot held promise!

She looped her arm through his and they headed out.

“This is nice.” Buffy murmured and leaned her head on his shoulder lightly as they walked. A breeze went by and she shivered a little bit but it was enough to bring out the british in him. He took his red shirt off and placed it around her shoulders. She turned to say thanks but choked on the words.

He. Was. Built.

He saw her lick her lips and smirked. “See something you like pet?” he teased.

“Yuh huh”

“And whats that?” he pushed feeling very manly at the way she was ogling him.

“You’re incredible body.” She said easily and it was his turn to choke on words.

They continued to walk and Buffy started talking again.

“You know I hate it when you hold back William.” She said out of nowhere.

“What do you mean kitten?”

“I see so much in you. Confidence, strength, courage, love, passion and sensuality even. But your always holding it back. You’ve been watching me for over a year now and this is the first date we’ve had and I had to ask for it. Don’t you ever just wanna do something and do it?”

William had listened in awe. He couldn’t believe she saw all those things in him, he couldn’t see them in himself.

“You only see those things because you want to pet.” He said and looked down.

She stopped their walking and lifted his chin. “No, I see them because they’re there. You just have to let them out to play sometimes.” She said and stepped closer to him.

“Maybe they’re only there when im with you.” He breathed.

Buffys breath caught in her throat, they were less then an inch apart.

“So show me.”

All thoughts except her left his mind.

He pulled her to him and broke the distance between their lips, capturing hers in the softest embrace that for a moment Buffy thought she was imagining things until his tongue flicked out to taste her lower lip briefly.

Buffy moaned against him and wrapped her arms around his neck, deepening the kiss.

William finally pulled away after a moment breathless and wiped a stray strand of hair from her face. “God Buffy” he said quietly, “The things you do to me”

“Are exactly the same things you do to me.” She said with a smile and leaned her forehead against his mouth for a small kiss, which he willingly gave.

“Come on, lets go join the others before they suspect im seducing you.”

“Wouldn’t want them to figure out the truth eh kitten.”

Buffy laughed and hit him playfully on the arm. Tonight she was just a regular girl with a regular boy. No, scratch that, he was more then just a regular boy. He was incredible. She wouldn’t worry about letting him in her life tonight, that could wait until the morning. When she couldn’t pretend she could have a normal relationship anymore. But she wouldn’t hurt him. Wouldn’t push him away. No, she’d give him the chance to walk away, explain everything to him. And if he didn’t walk, well then he was screwed cuz she wasn’t gonna let him go!!! He was definately boyfriend material.




Let me know what you think please :)