Author's Chapter Notes:
The song i used was Smiles by Ghost of the
Robot/ James Marsters. Thanx to all the people who have reviewed, their incredible and i love you guys!!!
The music was blaring and everyone seemed to be having fun as William and Buffy walked through the front door. She immediately spotted Willow and Xander, Oz was onstage singing with his group “Dingoes ate my baby” and Anya was at the bar waving her arms around frantically.

“What do you mean I cant have a beer?”

“I.D” the bartender said flatly.

“I’m 1120 years old for Christ sake.”

“I.D”

“Give me a coke.” The ex vengeance demon demanded in defeat. She briefly contemplated calling on D’hoffryn because she was feeling a little scorned by the man but decided against it, that wouldn’t go over well with any of her new friends.

She walked back to the table and noticed the recently arrived pair.

“Why hello you two. Buffy you seem a little flushed, have you recently enjoyed the pleasures of an orgasm?”

Everyone went quiet and looked away. Anya just shrugged and sat down next to Xander who patted her head affectionately. “That’s my girl.” He said with a proud smile.

A few moments later everyone relaxed enough to start up a new conversation, one not centered on orgasmic bliss.

“So whats with the new look William?” Xander asked nicely.

“’Bout time for a change don’t you think mate?”

“Ya, the whole geek look was, well, geeky. This ones much better.” Xander added to lessen the harshness of what he’d just said.

William just smiled and said “Thanks.”

Just then a slow song came on giving Oz and his band mates a much needed break. Willow went to see him and Anya and Xander went to the floor “to shimmy and shake it” as Xan had so eloquently put it.

William looked at Buffy with a smirk, but behind it Buffy could see the fear of rejection for what he was about to ask.

“Care to dance kitten?”

“More then anything.” She said with a smile.

He took her hand and led her to the middle of the dancing crowd as the lyrics began to sound out.

In, im falling in
I didn’t want to
Not so fast boy
Slow, don’t wanna hurt the girl
Give her a pretty box
Ya better fill it


Buffy was in girl heaven. Here she was in Williams arms, which is where she wished she could stay forever because it felt so right AND she got to listen to the oh so sexy voice of the uber studly James Marsters at the same time. She sighed contentedly and leaned her head on his shoulder.

William smiled when he felt her head resting on him and he wrapped one hand around her tiny waist and with his other hand he played with her silky hair.

And I get blinded when she opens the door
It’s like looking into the sun ya know
And I’m blinking, mumbling n’ staring at my shoes
And she just looks at me and smiles
Smiles
Smiles

They swayed together as the music played and Buffy looked up to give him a sweet smile, after all it was fitting to do. William looked down at her and returned one of his own and caressed her cheek, he leaned in ever so slowly and…

Oh they’re we go again
And it feels so good
Where falling up and down
And down
It’s two am again
And she kisses me goodbye
For the sixteenth time

His lips brushed hers softly and she moaned against him, pressing her body to his pushing away all empty space that had previously been between them.

And I’m driving home and it’s two am
And I look at the sun come up over the hills
The clouds are turning pink and green
And all I can see is her eyes
Eyes
Eyes

And I get blinded when she opens the door
It’s like looking into the sun ya know
And I’m blinking, mumbling n’ staring at my shoes
And she just looks at me and smiles
Smiles
Smiles


They pulled apart for air when the song ended but her arms stayed wrapped around his neck.

“Wow.” She whispered heavily.
“Wow.” He mimicked.

“I conquer.”

Buffy and William pulled apart to see Xander and Anya standing right next to them and they laughed.

Everything felt so perfect right now.

She knew things where going a little fast and she didn’t want to push William but she’d never felt so strongly about anyone in her life. She could only pray that he would feel the same. Even after she told him what she was.





“I had a really good time tonight William” Buffy murmured as they held hands on her porch.

“So did I princess, it was the best night of my life.” He admitted sheepishly. “And don’t you dare poke fun at me.” He said with a smile but Buffy could see he wasn’t really teasing.

“I was there with you.”

“Good.” He said before closing the small distance between them and kissing her passionately. And just like that he was walking away across the street with a smirk on his face.

“Will I see you tomorrow William?” she called out.

He turned around and laughed, “You can see my everyday for the rest of your life if that’s what you want kitten.”

Buffy smiled and blew him a kiss which he pretended to catch and hold to his heart. She giggled and walked inside. She had to change and get ready for patrol. It was still only two in the morning, there was time left to make up for her few hours of ‘slacking’.


William opened the front door whistling softly and the he heard a small giggle from the living room.

“Mum, where you peeping?” he asked with humor in his voice.

“Damn right I was.” Came his mothers sing-song reply.

He laughed and walked into the room she’d been hiding in and sat down on the couch next to her.

“Mum, do you mind if I ask you something?”

“Sure thing sweetie.”

“It’s gonna sound weird.”

“Honey, I come from a line of gypsy people. Sit down and spill.” She urged.

“Alright.” A pause. “Do vampires and such exist?” he spat out.




Sorry to leave you guys there but ill try to have the next chap posted by tonight. I need to save the talk for the next one cuz it plays a sorta flashback role in the upcoming post...please let me know what you thought.....