Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanx so much to all my reviewers you guys are simply wonderful!!!
Buffy sang softly to herself as she wandered through the now familiar stones. Tonight had been simply wonderful. She never felt as alive as she did when she was with William. It’s funny how here she was riddled with uber strength and yet this shy young man, weak compared to her, was her knight in shining armor. He made her laugh, smile, he made her feel good about herself. He made her….happy, which was hard to do with someone in her line of work. Sure she had good times with her friends but with them she was always aware she was the slayer, with him, she was just a girl, like everyone else. With him she fit into this glittering world.




“My people have known magicks for centuries. We used them to do small things that would impress the average person and it kept us in food and clothing. But our magicks attracted much more then the average human. There was always things that would hunt us, kill us, because they feared the power we had. Vampires have been the greediest of all the demons we have encountered. Always seeking ways to make themselves stronger then they already are, always seeking ways to end the world. They always seem to think they could use us and our powers to do this. One day, long ago, a vampire came to us though not for help. Not for anything actually. He came to destroy one of us for the sheer joy of it. He killed Yania, the chiefs daughter and beloved to all the tribe.”



“Uh oh” Buffy said with a smile at the freshly disturbed earth. “Someones out past their bedtime.”

She looked around but saw no one. Damn, she hated it when they hid.

“Come out come out wherever you are” she taunted, continuously whirling her stick. Mr Pointy actually, it was her favorite stake.

She saw a quick movement and headed to the trees where it had come from. This was gonna be fun.




“We restored his soul as punishment, leaving him to wander his immortal years in shame and guilt. But there is a catch, should he ever experience one moment of true happiness, of bliss, his soul will be no more. That is actually the reason we are here, in Sunnydale. My uncle told me that Angelus would be coming here, his destiny is to meet the slayer, to fight by her side. But it is his destiny as well to lose his soul because of her. I have been sent here to make sure that this will not happen, it cant. Angelus is an evil the world has never seen before. He will destroy the world in the blink of an eye given the chance, and do so while laughing.




“Hello? Are you in there Mr Fangy cause it’s real dark and im getting pretty scared.” She said sarcastically.

The vampire jumped down from a nearby tree and Buffy had to laugh. “Little dramatic are we?”

“Time to die slayer.” It hissed causing her to laugh again.

“Im sure it is because I haven’t heard that like a trillion times before.”

That did it. Now it was pissed, that meant a better fight and this pleased the petite blond to no extent. Being around William had her severely sexually frustrated and she needed to blow off some steam.

She avoided it’s first punch easily and started to circle it.




“Demons have existed since man, before that even. Many are peaceful and live and work side by side with us while we remain none the wiser. But there are others who are evil, who wish only to destroy us. Vampires are anomalies. Half demon, half human. They can wear our faces or their own and they need blood, just like we do to survive. They are outcasts in the demon world because they are considered impure, tainted. And they are shut out of our world, no longer able to feel the sun. We are their food, our veins the glass they drink from.”

“So they do exist and there is a girl who fights then?”

“One girl in all the world is chosen to beat back the spread of their darkness.”

“I’ve gotta go mum, I’ll be careful. I promise.” And with that he was out the door and headed out, to where she didn’t know.

“Well, he took that well” Jenny said out loud and went to get some aspirin. She had a headache coming on. She had never wanted her son to know what really went bump in the night. She had wanted to keep him safe and warm. But know he knew, when he asked her if they had existed she couldn’t bare to hold back from him. It would have been quite pointless too considering the facts. He was now dating Buffy Anne Summers, current gurdian of the hellmouth and sooner or later he’d have found out. She was grateful at least that there was someone in this small town who could protect her sweet boy from the evils that hid in the shadows. She had been about to tell him that Buffy was indeed the chosen one but had decided to leave that to the fiery blond who had so obviously stolen her sons heart. She only hoped William would not become too attached more so then he already was, a slayers work was dangerous and they just didn’t live long. It was a sad but true fact. She headed up the stairs to her bedroom, tomorrow night she would give her son a lecture on the ways to kill vampires. She was looking more forward to that then the talk about ‘the birds and the bees’ she was sure they’d be having soon. ‘Next step, tell Giles’ she told herself before yawning. ‘Don’t want to screw things up before they’ve even started’




“You broke my nail you bastard” Buffy screeched and kicked the vamp in it’s grinning face. It fell to the ground howling in agony. Her shoe had broken both it’s fangs.


She bent down in front of it and smiled sweetly. “Awww the poor little vamp is all bark and no bite huh?” She pretended to act saddened. “It’s always hard to put an animal down.” She said with a deep faux sigh and plunged the stake through it’s heart.

She brushed herself off and stood, freezing when she heard clapping. But what littereally made her heart stop was the accented voice that the clapping hands belonged to.

“I take it that was a tramp liar?”





Please let me know what you thought.......