Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanx to all my reviewers and readers, you guys are incredible....i dunno what i would do without all your support, you are all godsends :)
Special thanx to the following for taking the time to let me know what they thoughtabout this fic: Sarah g, Caitie, Raven, Mariana, BigBad90, BuffyandSpikeForever, Shelly, KittyKat, Brat, Abub, Mermaid310, Olivia-luv, Dannii, Spuffette, Cindy, Sarah, Lauren, Saltygoodness, spikes_niblet, Raspy_luv. If i forgot anyone please forgive me......its not personal, its my failing eyes :( :)



“William…”

He raised a hand to stop her from talking.

“Me first kitten.” He walked over to a tombstone and sat/leaned against it. “I had a very interesting conversation with my mum tonight after I walked you home. Turns out shes a gypsy with some sort of powers and that’s why where living here. Anyway, ill have her explain that to you another time. I’m not blind Buffy and I am not stupid. I know strange things happen in this town. Hell the death rate is so above normal how could I not notice? But the funny thing about the death rate is this, 90 % of people who die here die at night. Now why do you suppose that is hmmm?”

Buffy looked away, she’d never seen him be sarcastic before, well she had but never directed towards her and it was making her feel like shit.

“Now we can chalk it up to bad drivers or gangs and what not, but you wanna know what I think it REALLY is?”

He waited for an answer but when he didn’t get one continued anyway.

“I think it’s those bloody tramp liars. You know how crazy they can be. With their lies and their trampy ways, going around and killing people via std’s and gossip seems like just the thing they would do. Thank the heavens Sunnydale has its very own trampliar slayer, huh Buffy?”

He was being mean and he knew it but he couldn’t stop himself. Once his mother had confirmed his suspicions he’d raced to the cemetery afraid of finding her dead, his own safety had not even been an issue. He’d known it was her the moment his mother had said the word. Chosen. Of course the fates would choose her, she was perfection, why would she not be picked?

Buffy finally lost her cool and let the tears flow, she saw Williams eyes go wide with concern for her and she laughed.

“Are you worried for me William?” she said sarcastically. “Why would you be? You know what I am, what I do. Im Buffy, the vampire slayer. I could kick a demons ass and I sure as hell could kick yours so don’t you dare look at me like that. I don’t need your sympathy.” She yelled.

Instead of backing off like she thought he would he stepped closer.

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because I didn’t want to.”

“Why?”

“Because I was scared.” Her lower lip trembled.

“Why?”

“Because I don’t want you hurt and I don’t want you to leave me.” She wailed and fell to the soft grass, sobbing uncontrollably.

William knelt down beside her and took her in his strong arms.

“Why would I ever do that kitten?”

“Because im not normal.” She sobbed.

“Why would I want normal when I can have you princess? Normal would just be boring.”

“It’s a dangerous world I live in William.”

“It’s a dangerous world we all live in Buffy, yours is just a different kind of.”

She leaned her head against his solid chest.

He took a deep breath. “Im sorry I was so harsh with you. I was just scared out of my mind, I was terrified that I’d get hear and you’d be…..”

“Dead?” she whispered.

He could only nod his head, he didn’t want to say those words. This goddess had just walked into his life a week ago turning his life upside down and he wouldn’t have it any other way. He didn’t even want to remember life before she helped him up from the cafeteria floor. He couldn’t stand the thought of losing her or the knowledge that he almost had.

“It wouldn’t matter. I’ve died and come back once, I can do it again.” She said playfully but stopped smiling when she saw the look on his face.

“You where….gone?”

“Ya. A vamp bit me and left me to drown in a puddle he tossed me in. It worked but Xander got there just in time and brought me back.”

He looked so relieved that she had to smile. “I know you don’t like what I do but I have to do it. It’s what I was born to do.”

“I’ll never like it Buffy, I’ll always worry that you wont make it through. But I trust you, I trust you to live for me Buffy

Buffy stood and pulled him next to her. “Im gonna keep you to that promise William, and I’ll teach you, I couldn’t bare it if anything happened to you.” The last part was a whisper.

Buffy didn’t want this man to be exposed to the dangers of her world but she didn’t want him helpless to it either. She took a deep breath, she hoped she had made the right decision.

William pulled her to him and captured her lips roughly, he’d never kissed her like that and it was wonderful.

All of a sudden William found himself flat on his back on the grass with a smirking Buffy standing over him.

“What the bloody fuck was that for?” he yelled.

Buffys hand flew to her mouth and she laughed. “William, I didn’t know you even knew those words. Lesson one, it has the power, use it against itself.”

She tossed him a stake, “Go for the heart.”

And for the first time he noticed the hand clawing out of the earth not a meter from him.

He stood and waited. A mix of eagerness, anxiety and anticipation pumping through him.


After a moment a head popped through, and then shoulders, and then……wait, no and then?

The vamp had it’s bumpies on and still managed to look sheepish. “Hey, um……I’m kinda stuck, little help here?” it pleaded.

William looked at Buffy and smiled. “It has the power?” He knew he should be scared but it wasn’t in his nature to run and quite honestly this vampire seemed retarded, piece of cake he thought with a smirk.

Buffy huffed and walked over to the struggling undead, lifted him by the arm and yanked him outta the earth. ‘That’s my girl’ William thought proudly at her show of strength.


The vamp brushed itself off and turned to Buffy. “Thanks. Now I can kill you.” It sneered.

She sighed.“I’m the slayer.” She said simply, “You want him.” She pointed to William and the vamp went after the boy, ‘not as retarded as I thought’ said Williams inner voice.

Buffy waited on the sidelines, stake at the ready for when she had to help William, she vowed to herself she would do everything in her power, and she had loads of it, to keep this man safe.


The vamp dove right at him but William side stepped and grabbed its shoulders, using it’s momentum to flip him over. The vamp landed with a loud thud and Buffy was impressed.

It got back up and snarled at William, who to Buffy’s surprise just laughed. She could almost see the adrenaline going through him, he looked like he was having a blast and she couldn’t help but grin. She’d have to lecture him later that fighting the evil undead forces that plagued the earth was not fun and games but that could wait, he was smiling and she was a sucker for that look on him.

William sweep kicked the vamps legs out from under him and plunged the stake into it’s chest. He stood up with a smile but it quickly turned into shock when the vamp didn’t dust but started howling and clutching at the wood protruding from its collarbone.

William looked at Buffy who came over and used Mr. Pointy to finish it off.

“What the hell was that?” he asked creeped out. He’d never heard sounds like that before and it had given him the chills.

“That was you missing the heart stud.” Buffy teased but stopped when he looked so crestfallen. “You where incredible. I’ve never seen someone fight a vamp with that much skill, well except for me. You really kicked it’s ass.”

“I did didn’t i?” William asked proudly.

“Yup. Ya know I never told anyone this but I missed the heart my first time too.”

“Really?”

“Really.” She answered as her hand slipped into his and they walked out of the cemetery together, strangely happy in the midst of evrything.


Please let me know what you thought.....