Disclaimer: Unfortunately I do not own a single thing to do with BTVS (well… apart from a lot of merchandise), I don’t own the characters but I do the plot…

Authors Note: Told you I’d do my best to get another chapter up ASAP and here it is. The funeral. It doesn’t go in to detail because I hate funerals, but Xander’s mentioned in here :). Please R+R Another chapter coming soon! Hope you like! Love Lucy XxXx

* * * * * * * * * *

“Hello Spike”

“Watcher”

Giles watched the vampire sit at the breakfast bar in the kitchen; a mug of warm blood from Tara nestled in his hands. His fingers were tapping lightly on the side of the mug nervously as he avoided the Watcher’s gaze, keeping his head bent low. Giles wondered about the vampire, he had changed a lot since Buffy’s death, the sarcasm and teasing that had so often laced his voice was gone and the only saw him around if he wanted to talk to Dawn or if he was patrolling.

The change in Dawn since Spike had been around was dramatic, although it was clear she was still grievously upset she was at least eating meals and would answer questions or ask for something if she needed it. She didn’t talk about her sister at all to the others, only Spike, but it was a start.

“Hi Giles, Hey Spike”

Willow walked in to the kitchen, putting a pile of papers on the side.

“I’ve just been to the funeral home…”

Both men looked up at her and Tara, hearing her lovers voice appeared from the basement.

“T-they say the funeral can be arranged for a week tomorrow if that’s enough time for us…”

Her eyes had become glassy with unshed tears, Giles paled a little as did Tara, Spikes head bent again. Giles coughed slightly before nodding and speaking up.

“That should be fine… I-I will phone Angel, I’m sure he would like to be there”

Spike stood walking to the dining room doorway, turning back to the occupants of the kitchen he swallows before muttering ‘Dawn’ and walking out of the room completely, leaving the others to wait nervously for the reaction of the teenager.

- - - - - - - - -

The week passed so quickly Dawn couldn’t understand how everything had been arranged in time. Wrapping the coat around her shoulders she looked at herself in the mirror, the black dress that reached her knees made her look older, she swallowed doing up the buttons of the coat before heading out of her room and towards the stairs.

A lump caught in her throat as she saw the arrangement of white lilies below her in the hallway. Spike looked up, his eyes catching hers, understanding flickering like a light. She descended, taking his hand as Willow and Tara opened the door for Giles who was dressed in a black suit, his car polished behind him.

They climbed in to the car, Dawn never leaving Spike’s side, her eyes widening as she saw the Hurst in front of them, fresh tears threatening to fall. Spike pulled her on to his lap putting his arms protectively around her; she leant against him, avoiding the gaze of Willow next to them. Spike understood.

- - - - - - - - -

The ceremony was short, early evening, to allow certain ‘people’ a chance to attend. Angel had arrived with a message from Cordelia and Wesley, his usual dark wardrobe seeming even darker. Giles had spoken, Dawn as well as the two witches hadn’t been able to confine the sobs that arose in their throat and even Spike and Xander felt the tears falling down their cheeks.

As the coffin was lowered in to the ground Dawn struggled from Spike’s arm, rushing forward and placing something on the top of it as it descended in to the ground. A small smile graced everyone’s lips as she drew back, and the coffin with the Slayer’s favourite stake ‘Mr Pointy’ lying on it disappeared from view.

* * * * * * * * * *

A/N: hope you liked. please review! - XxXx