Author's Chapter Notes:
A/N: Thanks again to Evilawyer for such a quick turn around in beta-ing this chapter. Enjoy!
Shaking his head sharply, Spike was astonished. “You mean a ‘fling?’”

“Whatever.” She knew sling sounded funny, but it wasn’t like she could have asked Willow what word she should use. She just wanted to get this part of her plan over with. She tapped her foot impatiently. Determined girl was still here.

He threw up his hands and then pointed at the floor. “No, not a ‘whatever.’ We’re talking sex here, right?” He still couldn’t believe what was coming out of the little twit’s mouth.

“Yes, with an accent on sex.” Buffy sounded exasperated. She could point a finger – at him. “Just sex, with no strings attached.”

“Huh…What…Why?” Putting his hand on his forehead, Spike thought he was hearing things. Maybe this was a dream. Yeah, that’s it. A horrible, slayer nightmare.

Buffy stared at him, trying to get his attention back. “You heard Dracula talk to me, about me being the Slayer, about there being darkness in me, and he was right. I had already been suspecting it. Now I can feel it, strong, like he awakened it in me. The darkness feels like power, but more. It feels sexual. So I’ve decided that I want to learn about both the darkness and the sexuality. Giles is working on the slayer and darkness side, but I didn’t want to say, ‘Hey, does my being a slayer make for good sex?’ You are the only vampire --- which equals darkness --- that I know who could have sex with me and wouldn’t try to kill me. I know we hate each other, but I thought…” Buffy’s voice died away. She didn’t know what else to say without babbling.

Spike tried to collect his thoughts after this demolition ball was dropped in the middle of his brain. One of his thoughts was of Riley’s last visit. Wouldn’t bother him at all to steal his sweetie after Riley threatened him with that pointed piece of wood. The pansy arse threatening someone that can’t fight back. What a man! And sex with the Slayer. Got to be good with that sexy body and the strength packaged with it. And darkness was the icing on the delectable cake. No. He mentally slapped himself in the face. ‘Absolutely not,’ he told himself. Not only did he hate the self-centered brat, he was already ruined in the demon world because he helped her from time to time. Now he would be her boy toy. No way was he going there. He walked over to stand in front of her. “Slayer…sure.” Where the hell did that come from? The littler head, that’s where.

Staring at the floor, Buffy had no idea what to do next. She finally looked up, but she couldn’t bring herself to look him eye to eye. “Well…I…you’re now my lover?”

“Sounds like.” He hated the fact that he felt awkward. He was Spike, William the Bloody, Slayer of Slayers, not a school boy. “So now what? What about soldier boy? However ‘no strings attached’ this may be, pet, this has to be exclusive. I may not be able to stand you most of the time, but I still won’t share.” Actually, sleeping with Buffy behind the enormous hall monitor’s back wouldn’t have bothered Spike at all if Spike were willing to share her. But he wasn’t willing to share her, and he was surprised by how much he wasn’t willing. What he was willing to do was to completely steal G.I. Joe’s honey, though.

Oh my god, she had totally forgotten about the fact that she had Riley. That just wasn’t exactly right. Of course, Riley was a good deal of the reason she had decided on making this proposition to Spike. So now Spike had agreed, and they needed to take the next step. Regardless of her plan, she knew she wouldn’t sleep around behind Riley’s back. “I’ll break it off with him today.” That should bother her more than it did.

Walking off and lighting a cigarette, Spike shrugged. “I’m free as a bird on my side.”

Buffy chewed on her lower lip as she watched the smoke rise around him. “So…when do we start?”

“Uh…tomorrow? Four o’clock tomorrow afternoon?” How bizarre was this? He was making an appointment to not bag his third slayer, but to bang her. And don’t forget they were also to explore her dark side. Bonus.

“Four’s good.” She stood there and stared at him for a moment, not knowing what else to do. “Bye, I guess.” Relieved that her errand which had been weighing on her was done, she turned, planning on a hasty retreat. Moving quickly, Spike stopped her by putting his hand on her arm. Then he pulled her flush against his body, and his mouth claimed hers, opening immediately so that his tongue could seek out hers. Taken by surprise, Buffy automatically opened her mouth, and she was rewarded tenfold. Boy, could he kiss was her only coherent thought. His tongue tangled with her own in a devouring kiss, making her body hum. When Spike finally pulled away, Buffy was still leaning towards him and was left wanting. Of course, she had kissed him when Willow cast her will be done spell, but this surpassed those kisses. As she looked into his blue eyes, she thought to herself that this deal with the vampire might just work as she turned to leave. He already surpassed Riley at kissing.

When the slayer was out of the door, Spike sank down on his chair and chain smoked for the next hour. ‘Me. The Slayer. Bopping horizontal. And bloody hell, that was one hot kiss.’ He took a few more puffs. ‘Bugger. Who would have thought?’ He smoked another fag. ‘Damn, I guess I need a proper bed.’

Buffy stood outside of Spike’s closed door and wondered for the millionth time if she was doing the right thing. Hell no, it wasn’t, but it was what she wanted to do. She had talked to Giles about understanding herself. That was when the idea came to her. She definitely had a dark side. Dracula, an evil dead, had shown her that. She wanted to explore her dark side, and who better to do that with than another evil dead. Spike was perfect. With the chip in his head, he couldn’t hurt her. And the sex? When Dracula bit her, it was sexual --- big time. She had become hot all over and wet between her legs. Close to the same had happened when she had drunk from Dracula. She had said it had been gross. In truth, it had bordered on turning her on. If she could judge by the kiss they had just shared, Spike might just be a good lover. It was bizarre that she was even thinking along these lines, but she had to admit that she was kinda looking forward to tomorrow. Now all she needed to do was break up with Riley.

*****

During her patrol that night, Buffy could hear something coming. Boooom, boooom, boooom, boooom. She hadn’t thought footsteps could be that loud on grass. Wanting to covertly see the newcomer, Buffy stepped behind a tree. She was afraid and hiding? More like not sure what was coming and being careful. When she did get a look, she thought she might want to go home and have hot chocolate with her mom.

The creature, or maybe she should call it a monster, stood well over seven feet tall. Tall enough to give Shaq a run for his money and would probably win. His shoulders looked as wide as a football field. His arms were bulging. In the brute strength category, Buffy knew that she was going to be severely lacking against him.

Her slayer senses tingled. A vampire was coming their way. Damn, this was all she needed! But first thing’s first. “Hey, Lurch! Should I yell louder to get up to your ears?” Why was she surprised that all she got out of him was a grunt? He never stopped. He kept walking, never slowing, until he was close enough to take a swing with his tree trunk of an arm. Buffy easily ducked under and drove a fist into his kidney. Not so much as bending over. Not so much as another grunt. Damn. She tried a kick to the solar plexus. Zip. Zero reaction. No, that wasn’t quite true. He did give a swipe of his arm that sent her flying ten feet into a tombstone. She got up, took a running start and jumped, planting both feet into his face. At least he stumbled this time. Her slayer senses tingled even more. “Great. Just what I need now.” The vampire must be going to join the party. The monster was advancing on her, but she took a quick moment to glance around and size up the newcomer. She saw a white-blonde head in the trees. Spike. Was that good or bad? What were her chances that he would help her out? She’d hazard a guess that if it didn’t involve money, he would probably sit back and watch her get knocked around like a ping pong ball.

Spike heard the ruckus and came to watch the show. He would never tell her, but watching the slayer kick ass was always entertaining. The closer he got to the scene, the more a tingle ran up his spine. ‘No wonder”, he though when he got there. The slayer was having a go with a…a…beefy mammoth. To help or not to help? That was the question. Actually with a little thought, he found one word that settled his dilemma. “Fling.” Sex with the slayer was a high priority as of earlier today. He couldn’t let the little bird die before he got a poke.

For once not rushing in, he watched for a moment, assessing and working out a strategy. Then he saw the perfect opportunity. The slayer had jumped on the monster’s back and was trying to snap its neck. The monster’s bulging muscles and correspondingly poor range of arm motion kept it from dislodging Buffy from its back.

“Hold on tight, pet.” Spike ran and took a flying leap, and grabbed her legs adding force to her twist. Snap. One dead monster.

Buffy landed hard on the ground. It took a moment before both she and Spike could gain their feet and move to inspect the monster.

Buffy was again struck by its size. Then she got a good look at its face. “It has stitches on its face. He really should get another plastic surgeon.”

Spike kicked him like he was a new set of tires before studying him. “Lots of stitches.” Spike raised his scared eyebrow as he lit a cigarette.

Buffy leaned in for a closer look. “What is it?”

Knocking his ashes on the body, Spike shook his head. “Don’t have the foggiest, luv. Never seen a demon like that.”

“Hey, Buff.”

Startled, Buffy spun around. “Xander and Anya. Major freakage of surprise.”

“Sorry, Buff.” Xander walked over to the creature. “Whatcha got there? New pet? Doesn’t look too frisky.”

“We don’t know what it is.” Buffy shook her head.

Spike lit a cigarette and blew the smoke over the body. “But the bugger was hard to kill.”

“I’ve seen him in a movie.” Xander announced excitedly. “That’s Frankenstein.”

Spike took another drag. “No, Frankenstein was the poncy git that made the monster.”

Anya got up close to examine the monster. “Anyway, there is no Frankenstein or his monster. It’s just a silly story.”

“Looking pretty real to me.” Xander caught his girlfriend’s hand and pulled her back.

Buffy was more than ready to go. “Sounds like Scoobie meeting time.”

“Sounds like I shouldn’t walk but run away from such event.” Spike turned on his heel and strolled away, waving over his shoulder.

Before Buffy, Xander, and Anya left, they watched as the body slowly disappeared, not melting into the ground, but just disappearing. “Major wigging here. G-man time.” Xander and Anya started walking towards Giles’ apartment.

*****
TBC

Sorry that the chapter was so short, but it was a natural stopping place. I promise that the next one is long and smutty. Long live Spuffy!