Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks so much to Evilawyer for helping with the smut. ;)
The William in him wanted to create a romantic setting with scented candles and satin sheets. The more hardened Spike in him summarily blew off that pansy idea. The slayer wanted a fling and didn’t want to read more into it than just a fling. He only hoped she was good in bed. But, no matter how he rationalized that this wasn’t really a seduction, he still created a lush setting with a Victorian four poster bed he had stolen from a swank furniture store the night before, black satin sheets, and numerous lighted candles around the room.

Buffy stood in front of the mirror wondering what one wore to the first day of an affair. A skirt? Pants? Leather? Lace? Bikini panties or a thong? She was a mature woman, she kept telling herself. She could dress sexy even if it were for a vampire. She finally settled for red lace underwear with a black skirt and red top. Without realizing it, she had dressed in Spike’s colors. Probably a good thing that she hadn’t noticed.

Twenty minutes later, and after making sure no one was following her, Buffy stood in front of Spike’s crypt trying to figure out if she was going to chicken out. The decision was made for her when the crypt door opened. She couldn’t see Spike but assumed that he was behind the door, holding it open.

Buffy hesitantly stepped over the threshold and heard the door shut behind her. She turned to face him and…froze. She didn’t know he could look better than he did in his typical black t-shirt, but he was wearing a button-down black silk shirt and he looked scrumptious. Her mouth went as dry as the Sahara and fell open, literally fell open, but no words came out.

Spike was shocked but very flattered by her obvious admiration. Noticing that she was tongue tied, he took pity on her and spoke up. “Good afternoon, Slayer.”

Without thinking, she corrected him. “Buffy. Call me Buffy, especially since we are…unh…going to be…intimate.”

“Buffy it is then.” Intimate. She had chosen the right word, Spike thought. Buffy would sound more intimate in bed than ‘Slayer,’ he thought with a smile.

That smile. Had he ever smiled at her like that? Yes. When they were under Willow’s engagement spell last year. He had smiled at her then, love shining in his eyes. Even though he didn’t love her now --- hatred was probably closer to what he felt for her --- his smile now looked genuine and striking. Trying to not gawk anymore, Buffy looked around and wondered if they were going to do it on the floor, the chair, or the sarcophagus. “Uh…what now?”

Spike would have laughed had he himself not felt just as nervous as Buffy obviously felt. This was his arch enemy, after all. He should be trying to punch her lights out instead of looking forward to what fun was to come. Abruptly, he realized that she was wondering where they were going to have sex. “We’re going to be downstairs, Sl…Buffy.”

“There’s a downstairs?” Tilting her head to the side, Buffy looked at him in surprise.

Spike gave a soft chuckle. “Yes, sweetness. Follow me.”

Once downstairs, Buffy wandered around the cavern. The room looked enchanted. The candles and the bed were fit for making love, not just an emotionless affair. She and Riley had always done it in the dark. Why hadn’t Riley ever done this for her? She couldn’t believe Spike had. This was Spike after all --- the one who, if chipless, would be trying to kill her. But she found herself turning to face him to say, “It’s beautiful.”

“Glad you like it, pet.” He slowly walked towards her until he was only a couple of feet away. He looked her in the eye. “Last chance. Are you sure?” He wasn’t sure whether he wanted her answer to be yes or no. This was his enemy. This was the slayer that had treated him like dirt for the last year. But then she treated him like an ally when they together caught and killed Dracula and then the Frankenstein monster. But now they were at a crossroads. Yes or no. Regardless of the pros and cons, he felt compelled to be with this slayer, this girl. He wanted her answer to be “Yes”.

Drowning in his dark blue eyes that sparkled in the candlelight, all she could say was yes. Maybe this was a good idea after all. “Yes.”

Taking one more step closer, reaching up for the first button of her shirt, he made sure his fingertips brushed her skin. That little touch felt more than nice. It felt electric, and he immediately wanted more.

Buffy sucked in her breath when she felt Spike’s cool touch reminding her of what he was, a vampire, but she didn’t draw away. Looking at him, at how yummy he looked with the silk hugging his muscles, she considered leaning into his touch. What was going on? Last week she couldn’t stand the sight of him. Now she lusted and yearned for him.

Spike slipped the first button out of its hole and leaned down, placing a kiss on her exposed skin. He also inhaled deeply, smelling her own scent under her perfume. Luscious. He felt his semi-erection immediately respond to a full hard on. Yes, this could turn out to be very pleasurable for both of them.

Buffy tensed when she first felt his cool lips on her skin. Judging from the tingle his kiss left, maybe she had started down a dangerous but enjoyable path.

Slipping another button from its hole, he was rewarded with a beautiful view of the curve of the top of her breast. “You’re beautiful, pet.” She gave into the urge and leaned into his touch. Another button, another kiss, another button, another kiss. When the shirt was completely unbuttoned, he gently slid the shirt off of her shoulders it off her shoulders and let it fall around her feet.

He was surprised when she followed his lead by pushing his hands aside to unbutton the top button of his shirt. She stood on her tip toes to press kisses onto his flesh, her lips burning into his skin wherever her lips touched. He had never been with a living woman. This was going to be excellent experience, much better than he had thought.

He tasted better than she had thought he would. In fact, all of it so far was better than she had expected. She kissed her way across the ridges of his stomach. Once finished, she pushed his silk shirt down off his shoulders to let it puddle on the floor just as her shirt had.

Her red, lacy bra called to him, ‘Touch me, touch me.’ And he did. He cupped her breast in the palm of his hand, and stroked his thumb through the lace over her nipple. Just right. A handful. No more, no less. He leaned down to gently suck on her nipple through her bra and was rewarded with her moan.

The lace was soft and rough at the same time. Soft as the fabric-laden portions of the lace brushed softly against her sensitive skin when his hand stroked her breast through the material. Rough as the holes in the lace rubbed against her sensitive skin when his mouth closed over the material. Buffy’s hand moved of its own volition to the back of his head, lightly pressing him closer to her. “More, more.” Her other hand crept to his side and over the smooth skin of his ribs. When her hand accidentally tickled his side, Spike was about to laugh, but she pulled back first.

Buffy wanted to get one thing straight before they went too far. “I just want you to know that…I am not experienced with sex.” She rushed to explain when his scarred eyebrow shot up. “I mean…there was Angel only once…Parker only once, thank god, and then there was Riley. We did it many times, but it wasn’t very…”

“Inventive?” Her nod confirmed his guess. “Missionary?” This time, when she nodded, she looked everywhere but at him. He wanted to ask about oral sex, but thought that might send her scurrying back home.

“Anyway…” Buffy took a big gulp of air. “I want to learn, but could we take this kinda slow, especially with this being my first fling and all?”

Spike wanted to laugh. A fling. Here was the Slayer standing in front of him in a red lace bra asking him to take it slow like she was some young virgin. He leaned in so that his lips were only a centimeter away from hers. “As slow as you want to go, luv.” He kissed her slow and sweeter than she could have hoped for. When he pulled back, he asked the question he had been dying to ask. “Why me?”

She took a deep breath, and reminded herself that she could do this. “See, I think that Dracula awakened a dark slayer side in me, and I’m…interested in it. It seemed to be very sensual, and you were the only one that I knew that was dark and sensual.” Her cheeks flamed red. Calling Spike sensual seemed to be too close to a compliment. “All you need to know is that I want to explore the slayer side of sex. Okay?”

“Just fine, pet.” He would say that her reason was not his first, second or third guess, but he actually hadn’t guessed at all. Now he knew and was astounded. Dracula must have really done a number on her mind. Time to give her some relief.

Using the tip of his index finger, Spike drew a line starting at Buffy’s chin down to the front clasp of her bra. Tugging, he pulled her up against him and kissed her. A hot kiss this time. He had touched her, fondled her, and kissed her body, but not really kissed her yet. The kisses they had already shared under Willow’s engagement spell and when they made their deal didn’t really count. Either of them could still back out of those kisses. This kiss, however, held the promise of something more intense. This kiss, this intimate mouth to mouth between them, had its own heightened intimacy. Buffy instinctively knew that their tongues’ meeting would take them to the next level, one she was nervous about, hesitant. But it was a level she wanted. If she wanted to explore her darker, sensual side, she had to make the jump. She just wanted this first jump to be small. Thankfully, Spike seemed to understand. Who would have thought the insult-throwing, once viscous killer Spike could be so considerate? Who would have known?

Spike’s tongue immediately sought entrance to her mouth. She was a little hesitant to respond, but did. Buffy was surprised. Before, she had been so freaked during their kisses that she hadn’t processed them well. She didn’t know what she thought Spike was going to taste like. Ashes maybe. But he tasted pleasant, almost…sweet. Without any spell to cloud her mind, she now knew the unique taste of Spike, and she hated to admit it, but she liked it. She could certainly get use to it. Then she felt Spike’s nimble fingers open the latch of her bra and encourage it to slide off her shoulders to the ground.

Oh, here was another step, and to Buffy it was a big one. An intimate one. She was completely exposed from the waist up. Crossing her arms over her chest, Buffy turned her back and went to sit on the bed.

Spike wasn’t sure what was going on. Everything had been going well. He hated to admit it, but every seemed so…so right so far. Bloody hell, what was he doing? Laying a slayer and enjoying it. Taking care to not upset her, to make her feel comfortable. He should be just banging her. That’s what he should do. ‘Then why the romantic setting?’ a little voice asked Spike. Shut up, William.

He walked swiftly to the bed with every intention of getting down to it and getting it over. It was just sex after all. But he knew that wasn’t true. The kisses that they had shared had already told him that. When it came down to it, Spike wanted to see how this scene would play out. The first part had been so sensual that it was worth taking his time.

He slowly walked to the bed and placed his hands on either side of her face. Tilting her up to face him, he kissed her, deep and long. Their tongues danced and tangled until Spike found himself moaning along with her. What was going on here? He pulled back and looked into her eyes and saw need. “What’s going on?” A touch of nervousness, but the rest was raw need. “I have no idea, but I…I like it,” she quietly admitted.

Spike moved his right arm around her shoulders and guided her to lie down so that they were both laying on their sides facing each other. He figured that they had taken off enough for the moment. So they took their time. Spike’s hand wandered around her exposed skin while their kiss continued. When he felt her hand on his chest, he gave her a few nips on her lip; that brought out a giggle and more assured motions in her touch. Her hand felt like fire everywhere it made contact with him. She left trails of heat as she moved from muscle to muscle. But that wasn’t quite right. Her touch left heat in its wake. That he had expected. But her touch also felt like it caused sparks to arc on his skin. He knew he would be able to see them if he watched her hand move over his skin. But that would require him to break off the kiss, and he wasn’t about to do.

Senses overloaded, Buffy forgot everything but Spike’s lips and hands. She also forgot to whom they were attached. They were no longer a slayer and a master vampire. That thought floated around in her subconscious, and she kept it there, away. To tell the truth, she wanted to forget it. She went into this affair with her eyes open, and she wasn’t changing her mind. She wanted to explore the dark sexuality that Dracula had awakened in her. Spike’s chip and their mutual dislike of each other made him the only safe vampire to enlist in her quest to explore the dark side of her sexuality, maybe even play off the hate. He couldn’t hurt her physically or emotionally during or after the deed. Even so, it was a gamble, but a gamble that seemed to be paying off so far. The kiss made her melt, and her hands confirmed what she had suspected when she had seen him with his shirt off. His muscles were mouthwatering.

Buffy gained courage as they went along. Spike must have been channeling his inner William because he jumped when Buffy’s hand cupped his balls and erection. Wow. She was serious. Okay, let’s get the show on. A moan slipped out when she caressed and fondled him.

Buffy felt like she had been set free. His erection, which was straining against his jeans, felt huge in her hand. Then it was her turn to groan. Spike’s hand slid over her hip and down her leg to slide the hem of her skirt up to her waist. Then his hand moved to cup her mound. He moved all four fingers and pressed, feeling the dampness of her panties. Next, a little teasing. Using his index finger, he stroked her sex up and down, still on the outside of her underwear. Then he started pausing above her clit, teasing the hard nub before stroking down her entrance again.

Who would have thought just a touch on the outside of her underwear could be so erotic? Her mind began to fuzz into nothing but feelings, and those feelings were building fast. When he paused on her clit, she was reminded of when she masturbated. He could teach her lessons. She could feel her orgasm building. Then her world exploded, stars racing in front of her eyes. When she started coming down, she realized what had just happened. She had come just from his touch.

Spike couldn’t believe how responsive Buffy was, and it was like some force had been guiding his hands to do the right motions. He had known just what to do, and boom, she was riding out an orgasm. He watched her eyes slowly open with heavy lids and got lost in the hazel depths.

When Buffy opened her eyes, she was looking at deep blue eyes shining with lust. Incredibly, she felt her desire building again just from looking into his eyes. She realized that her hand was still on his bulge. Reaching for the button on his jeans, she undid it and unzipped his pants. When she slid her hand inside, she wasn’t surprise that he wasn’t wearing underwear. Nothing but a penis, a good-sized penis, and his balls. After releasing him from his pants, she ran her hand down the shaft, feeling the cool, velvety skin. The cool feel was so different from what she had experienced before, but in its own way, she found it erotic. Closing around him, she stroked up and down, and smiled at his moan. She was doing something right. Then she was surprised when, after a few strokes, Spike suddenly moved, put his hands on her shoulders, and pinned her flat on the bed.

He was surprised how the heat of her hand made him feel. He had known that the sex would be different, but not this different. This could be addictive, he thought as she grasped his manhood. Then she ran her hand up and down and he thought he would explode right then and there. No, he wouldn’t embarrass himself in front of the Slayer. Grasping her shoulders, he shifted her so that her back was on the mattress. He wondered how upset she would be if he ripped her skirt off. No, he didn’t need a bloody nose. He needed to get inside of her. Thanking the gods that her skirt’s waist was elastic, he nearly laughed when she frantically helped him get it off along with her lacy underwear.

Then it was her turn to almost laugh when he jumped up and stripped his pants off in record time. Then he was on her, his torso lying across hers while his legs were to the side, and his mouth attacking hers. Their tongues dueled, evenly matched, each wanting to devour the other.

Her hands were on his hips, and after another deep kiss, she put pressure on his hip, encouraging him to lie fully on top of her, to enter her. Spike didn’t need anymore urging. He shifted so that his legs were between hers and gently pushed her legs farther apart. The head of his shaft nudged Buffy’s opening, asking for permission. She was the Slayer, but she was also a woman that he had never laid before, and she was also nervous. So the William part of him asked for her agreement. And he got it. Buffy scooted so that the head of his cock pushed into her channel.

He needed no further sign of her acquiescence. He slid completely in and was shocked. She was so hot, but there was something more. There was some kind of special connection when they became one. He looked into her eyes and saw the feeling he felt mirrored in her eyes. But it was just too much so he looked away and didn’t make eye contact again.

Buffy gasped. He stretched her, filled her. When he began to move inside of her, she thought she would die with the pleasure of the sensations he was causing within her. In and out. The movements lighting fires through out her body. She couldn’t get enough.

They moved together, kissing, consuming each other. Spike began to increase the speed and the force of his thrusts. He would almost pull completely out of her every time and then slammed in, hitting her clit, filling her, driving her wild, making her feel feelings and emotions that she had never felt before. The friction built up, the ecstasy increased to the point that both could feel their orgasms building.

Pausing, denying her the sensations his movement and member were causing, he looked into her eyes. “Darkness?”

Buffy immediately answered with a nod. “Darkness.” She watched in fascination as the bones shifted in his face until he looked at her from yellow eyes beneath a ridged forehead. He held her gaze until he used his fangs and grazed the top of her breast, leaving twin cuts.

Buffy had come into this with eyes wide open and Spike was doing as she had asked, but she hadn’t expected that the dark side would be so erotic. When his fangs sliced her skin, pain and pleasure mixed together. Her orgasm built and, when he started to suck the wound, her pleasure slammed into her hard and fast.

Even if she didn’t, he noticed that he had caused her pain and hadn’t been shocked by the damn chip in his head. Her permission, her acceptance must slip the pain past his chip. Her blood, the ultimate aphrodisiac, ran down his throat. His erection hardened more with each pull of her blood. When Buffy found her climax, her sex began squeezing his shaft over and over, pushing Spike over the edge into a warm sea of pleasure. He pumped into her hard and fast, drawing out the feeling.

They came to rest with forehead touching forehead, both breathing heavily even though Spike had no need to breathe. When he could finally have a reasonable thought, he rolled off her onto his back and continued his heavy breathing. What the bloody hell just happened? Yeah, he had just shagged a slayer, but that didn’t explain all that just happened, the connection to her that he just felt. He wanted to tell himself that sex with the Slayer had been mediocre at best, but that would be a lie. He’d never had better or more moving sex than he’d had with Buffy, and all they had done was simple old missionary style. He couldn’t imagine what would happen if they got more creative, if they had both really gotten into their dark sides. But would there be another time? What was he thinking? He wanted another go with his enemy?

Dazed, Buffy had no idea what to think. Missionary style had never been like this, all XXX like plus another X. And darkness, wow, big fat hairy - wow. Sex with Spike had sent her through the roof. And she still couldn’t believe the blood letting and then him sucking from her had felt so incredible. That orgasm was like no other she had ever had, a fourth of July on a centennial. And his chip hadn’t fired. Good, it must be that if she was agreeable, the chip didn’t zap. That orgasm, she could stand another one and another and another. But all of that left her feeling soft and intimate towards Spike. This was just supposed to be a fling, no emotional attachments, but here she lay wanting to curl up in his arms. ‘No way, Buffy. Get out of here before the insightful vampire can read you.’

Buffy sat up, swung her legs over the edge of the bed, and searched for her underwear.

Spike followed suit. He grabbed up his jeans, put them on, and headed up the ladder. Unsure of what he would have said, he was thankful that she hadn’t tried to talk. He would have gotten all tongue-tied, and she would have figured out that he wasn’t as remote as he would have liked her to believe.

Dressed, Buffy came up the ladder and saw Spike standing in front of the open refrigerator. He didn’t even turn to look her way. That was fine. She was still so confused by what she had felt with him downstairs that she just wanted to get out. Just before she opened the door, she heard Spike move to a safe place out of the way of the sun. She glanced back at him and their gazes locked. Understanding passed between them. With no words passing between them, Buffy left.

*****

TBC

Like it? Told you it was PW1/2P. Do you want more? And anybody know how to change the text from centering, I would love to know.