“Can’t it wait until tomorrow?” Buffy asked Angel as they all stepped into the elevator in the lobby of Wolfram & Hart to get up to the vampire’s office.

“No.”

“Do you have to do it all tonight?” she knew she was whining a bit, but didn’t really care as she leant back against Spike who had his arms wrapped tightly around her waist and his mouth running over her neck.

“Yes,” Angel said firmly while staring at the lift doors and trying to ignore the couple behind them.

“I’m sure you both,” Wesley looked at the couple, saw one of Spike’s hands venture south of the slayer’s waist then quickly looked away again with a clearing of his throat, “have some … catching up you wish to do, but Angel is right. The powers that we dealt with tonight are dangerous and dark. We cannot take any chances on having brought something else to this realm with Spike.”

“So how long am I to be your bloody guinea pig then?” Spike looked up from Buffy’s nape and glared at the other men in the lift.

“Lorne will only take a few minutes, Winifred and the doctors could take days to complete their necessary testing,” Wesley replied.

“Do I really have to sing for him?” Willow spoke up from the back of the elevator as the doors opened. “Cause me and singing are things that don’t go hand in hand.”

“Trust me, you can’t be as bad as Angel,” the former watcher replied dryly, earning a glare from the vampire, “and yes, I’m afraid we all have to sing for Lorne.”

“When I prove you wrong, just remember you made me do it,” the redhead followed the group out of the lift and toward Angel’s office.

Before they got there Dawn, with her eyes dry now, but red from crying and worry, came running out to greet them and pushed her sister aside to prove to herself that Spike was really ok.

“Hey!” Buffy turned and glared at her sibling hugging and groping the man. “That’s my boyfriend. No one gropes him, but me,” she nudged the teenager away and slid her hands under the black leather trenchcoat Spike wore over his new black T-shirt and jeans.

“No groping anyone by anyone tonight,” Angel growled and yanked the bleached blonde away from the others to push him toward the office.

The Summers sisters both pouted after the men then Buffy saw Dawn’s pout and elbowed her sister in the ribs before they followed the others.

“Sing,” Angel was ordering Spike who he’d pushed in front of the green empath demon in the room.

“After you, peaches,” the blonde countered with a stubborn expression.

Fine,” the dark haired vamp turned to Lorne and began flatly, “Oh, Mandy. Well you came and you gave without taking - ”

“Bloody hell, make it stop,” Spike covered his ears and glared at the green demon who only shushed him.

“But I sent you away,” Angel’s singing got louder and even more grating at the interruption, “oh, Mandy. Well, you kissed me and stopped me from shaking,” Andrew, Buffy, Dawn, Fred, Kennedy, Willow and Xander were all snickering while Gunn tried to pretend he didn’t want to join them in laughing at his boss. “And I need you today, oh, Mandy,” the vampire sang on with glares at everyone, “Well, you came and you gave without taking - ”

“Is that all you know? Pick a bloody awful song and don’t even know all the words to it,” Spike scoffed as the chorus was repeated. “Pathetic, that is.”

“That’s enough,” Lorne stepped between them and looked at Angel. “Mi amigo, you’re clean, but I’m gonna have to agree with this one and request new material from you in the future. Give Manilow a break. Slim,” he turns to Spike, “you’re up next.”

“Any requests?” the man looks over to Buffy and Dawn who were trying to stop laughing at Angel.

“Oh, you know any Billy Idol songs? ‘Cause that would be cool with the way you look like him,” Andrew suggested.

“That ponce? I’ll not be singing any of those songs, thank you very much,” Spike ran a hand through his hair and muttered, “Bloody git stole this look from me, he did.”

“I understood there to be a desire to hurry this part along so you could get to the poking, proding and pricking tortures Fred and the docs here have planned for ya, so you wanna just pick something and begin,” Lorne sighed.

“Ok, let’s see if you know this one,” Spike smirked at Angel. “Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name,” he began slowly in a rich clear voice made all the more appealing by his accent, “but what’s puzzling you is the nature of my game. I watched with glee while your kings and queens, fought for ten decades for the God they made. I shouted out,” he was really started to get into the song now and Angel glared at how the others seemed to be enjoying the tune, “’Who killed the Kennedys’ when after all it was you and me. Let me please, introduce myself I’m a man of wealth and taste,” he preened a bit for his audience, “and I laid traps for troubadours who get killed before they reach Bombay. Pleased to meet you, baby,” he blew Buffy a kiss, “hope you guessed my name, but what’s confusing you is the nature of my game.”

“Fabulous,” Lorne clapped and made a cutting gesture at his throat for Spike to stop. “You are perfect. I see nothing but good for you in your future and you positively glow,” the empath turned to Buffy, “Hope you remember where you put that amulet.”

“Sympathy for the Devil,” Wesley recognized the man’s song choice wryly. “A rather fitting selection I suppose.”

“And a hard act to follow,” Willow pouted. “Do we have to do the singing here? With other people present?”

“What was that about the amulet?” Buffy said at the same time the redhead spoke.

“Minor details,” Lorne again waved for the room to be quiet. “Next?”

Buffy, Wesley and Willow exchanged slightly panicked looks then began arguing at once who they felt should go next.

“Puh-lease, children, this is not a root canal. The sooner you step up the sooner you’re done,” the green demon joined the trio and threw an arm over Buffy and Willow’s shoulders. “Wes, let’s see what you can do.”

“Me?” the man’s eyes went wide. “Why must I go next?”

“Because these two lovely ladies look too good propping my arms up at the moment for me to let either of them go next,” Lorne replied with a smile. “Any requests for Wesley?” he asked the room at large.

“Do you know any Billy Idol songs?” Andrew asked timidly.

Ignoring them, Wesley sighed and rubbed at his forehead thoughtfully before apparently making a decision and facing the empath demon.

“Yesterday,” the man began a bit roughly with no music to help him along, “all my troubles seemed so far away. Now it looks as though they’re here to stay Oh, I believe in yesterday,” he took a breath and continued with a bit more confidence. “Suddenly, I’m not half the man I used to be, there’s a shadow hanging over me. Oh, yesterday came suddenly,” he paused thinking that had been enough, but Lorne urged him to continue. “Why she,” he stumbled a bit over that, “had to go I don’t know she wouldn’t say. I said something wrong now I long for yesterday,” his voice grew quieter as if he was singing only to himself. “Yesterday, love was such an easy game to play. Now I need a place to hide away. Oh I believe in yesterday. I believe in yesterday,” he trailed off and walked over to stare blankly out the window.

“Well,” Lorne cleared his throat and clapped once to break the awkward silence after the rather emotional rendition by the stoic man. “You’re fine and you’re next,” he looked from Wesley to Buffy.

Fred shifted a bit and cast odd little glances toward the man at the window while Buffy argued against going next then began complaining about not knowing any songs to sing. Angel sensed the same unease in his friend as Winifred was at that moment and moved to place a comforting hand on Wes’s shoulder.

“Oooh, I know,” Dawn bounced over to her sister’s side and whispered something in the slayer’s ear as they failed to pay any attention to the bit of drama playing out among Angel’s gang.

“I … I don’t know the words to that song,” Buffy looked around paranoidly at whatever her sibling had suggested.

“Oh, yes, you do,” the teenager refuted with a big smile. “And I know you do.”

“Ok, I just don’t wanna sing that song,” the older girl said firmly with a warning glare.

“What song?” Spike, Willow and Xander all asked.

“Come on,” Dawn pleaded. “I know you always think of Spike when you hear it and that’s why you sing it so often when you think I don’t hear you and he’s hear and you know he’ll love hearing you sing it.”

“And now I’m bloody curious to hear it,” Spike moved to stand behind Buffy and slip his arms around her waist. “What’s the ditty?”

“I can just sing the chorus right?” the slayer asked Lorne who nodded.

“No, sing the whole song. For Spike,” Dawn encouraged despite the gleam in her sister’s eyes that spoke of mortal danger for the teenager.

“Shut up. I’m just doing the chorus,” Buffy told her sibling before taking a deep breath and beginning more in a talking than singing manner, “so, baby, take a chance and show your confidence. Oh, baby, tell me who you are. You make my body scream, you make me believe that you’re what I’m waiting for. Don’t you be intimidated.”

“Puh-lease,” Angel turned to stare at her with a roll of his eyes.

“Sorry, sweetheart, but going to have to actually sing a bit for me to get a reading,” Lorne informed her as she looked at him expectantly.

“I sang. I just sang for you. It was a song and I sang it and now it’s Willow’s turn,” the slayer argued.

“It may have been a song, sister, but you spoke it. Sing for me, honey, or look at your yummy new boyfriend all back in the flesh and sing for him,” the demon encouraged.

With warning glares around the room threatening unspeakable tortures to anyone who laughed, she turned and focused on Spike then began another song she knew by heart.

“What’s practical is logical. What the hell who cares? All I know I’m so happy when you’re dancing there,” she began singing as much as one can to a Britney Spears song. “I’m a slave for you. I cannot hold it, I cannot control it. I’m a slave for you. I won’t deny it, I’m not trying to hide it. Baby,” Spike leered at her a bit and she smiled and began gyrating her hips for him in rhythm with the song she heard in her head, “don’t you wanna, dance upon me to another time and place. Baby, don’t you wanna dance upon me, leaving behind my name, my age.”

“That’s enough Britney for my lifetime,” Angel called the performance to a halt. “Don’t even try saying you didn’t get a read off that,” he said to the green empath.

“She’s good,” Lorne informed his boss. “Maybe too good at the moment,” he glanced at the slayer and saw her locked in a heated embrace with her resurrected lover.

“I need a drink,” Angel growled and stalked to the liquor cabinet.

“Any chance someone can gouge my other eye out?” Xander joked weakly as he watched his friend making out with the former ‘dead boy, jr.’

“It can be arranged if that’s your bloody spirit,” Spike offered with a bit of a snarl as Buffy broke off their kiss.

“Children, please, we’re almost done here,” the host strived for a return to peace. “Witchy one, you’re the best saved for last. Now I hope you’ve taken all the time I’ve given you to get a song all ready to sing.”

“I did,” the redhead nodded then bit her lip, “Just don’t laugh,” she ordered the room. “Anyone who laughs will get their lips sown shut. If you don’t believe me,” she told Angel, Fred, Gunn, Lorne and Wesley, “ask them,” she waved to the fellow Scoobies. “I can really do that.”

“Yeah and it’s as ugly as it sounds,” Xander remembered having seen the Wiccan sow Warren’s lips shut when she was grieving Tara’s loss.

“No laughing,” everyone assured her.

“Ok,” Willow took a deep breath and began singing quickly, “My bologna has a first name, it’s O-S-C-A-R. My bologna has a second name, it’s M-A-Y-E-R. O, I love to eat it everyday and if you ask my why I say, ‘cause Oscar Mayer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A.”

“Interesting choice and boy did it make me hungry,” Lorne gave the woman a kiss on the cheek. “Everyone here is okie dokie by me,” he informed the room.

“Isn’t Willow a lesbian?” Andrew asked with a puzzled expression. “Why would a lesbian sing about loving her bologna?”

There was complete silence in the office for a moment, then Dawn snickered followed quickly by Fred and Xander until everyone had no less than an amused smile on their face.

“You’re lips are so sealed,” the witch’s eyes flashed and everyone ceased being amused.

“We were laughing at Andrew, not you,” they all defended with hands going protectively to their mouths.

“That’s the ‘you’ I was talking about,” Willow stepped toward the geek who shrieked girlishly and dove behind the sofa.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Songs Used:

Angel – Barry Manilow’s “Mandy” as he sang so dreadfully in episode 2x01 “Judgement.”

Spike – Rolling Stones’ “Sympathy for the Devil,” just struck me as a Spike song and James Marsters singing it … whoo *fans self at the thought* (Speaking of James singing any Spike fans who’ve not yet done so check out his band Ghost of the Robot whose first CD “Mad Brilliant” can be purchased at ghostoftherobot.com. Most every song has a Spuffy vibe to it in some way, or maybe I’m just reading too much into the lyrics, so a must have for every shipper.)

Wesley – The Beatles “Yesterday” I’m not really sure Wes would actually know that song, but I’m a Wesley/Lilah shipper (I know not many real ones out there, but they were so hot just reading the transcripts that I got pulled into their drama) and I really kinda think it’s a good song for him to reflect upon what he had with her. Another excellent one is Morphine’s “The Night,” but as ‘Lilah’ is the clearly mentioned in the lyrics of the song I felt actually using it as Wesley’s choice would be too sentimental for the character to be believed.

Buffy – Britney Spears “Intimidated” then “I’m A Slave 4 You” chosen ‘cause I love those songs and I’m betting the slayer would be a closet pop fan like I am.

Willow – The Oscar Mayer bologna jingle ‘cause it was hard for me to think of a song for her, but it was really easy for me to imagine her and Xander having gotten goofy over that jingle in the past.