Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so much to everyone who has supported the rewriting of this fic! I still have plans to rewrite and extend Once in a Lifetime Love and Secrets of the Heart but I have a feeling it will be several months before I'm able to get to those :-) I nearly doubled the size of this fic, so I hope you liked the revised version!
Epilogue


3 Years Later


Making her way through the huge crowd at the stadium in Los Angeles, Buffy didn’t think she’d ever find Spike. She actually didn’t think she was going to make it at all that night, since she had no baby-sitter for their seven-month old daughter Joy. Dawn had surprised her at the last minute, coming back from the dorms, telling Buffy to go and that she would work on her paper another night.

Buffy and Spike had married a year after getting engaged in a small backyard ceremony, with Giles giving away the bride.

When the band hit it really big a few months later, Spike had paid off the mortgage to the house, but he and Buffy had moved into his apartment when Dawn moved into the dorms, wanting to start fresh. They kept the house, knowing that they would eventually want to come back, but for now, they were happy where they were. Not even a year after they had been married, Buffy discovered she was pregnant with their daughter and Spike made a big career decision.

Spike was as loving and attentive to his daughter as he was to his wife. The band was in a position now that they could pick and choose their concerts, and they rarely left the west coast. Oz and Willow were living together, and Gunn and Fred had been married a few months longer than Spike and Buffy. Angel was currently in an on-again/off-again relationship with Darla, and to Buffy's surprise, Dawn and Connor were still dating after more than three years.

Now, as she pushed her way through the crowd of screaming fans and showed the security guard her backstage pass, she caught a glimpse of her husband in front of her. Watching with some trepidation as a group of scantily-clad young women practically lunged at him, she felt her heart swell when he smiled and politely told them to back off.

Stepping up behind Spike, she smiled at the bodyguard whom she knew and wrapped her arms around her husband. Spike whirled around and shoved her away before he realized who it was.

“Buffy, pet, I’m so sorry! I didn’t know you were here.”

Giggling at his response, she walked forward and gave him a hug. “It’s okay. To be honest, I’m glad I got that reaction. I’m not really used to this anymore, so when the band is close…I guess I forget that you’re still the number one guy.”

“Used to be,” he said with a smile, kissing her forehead. “Now I’m just the manager.” Leaning forward, Buffy relaxed when he gently kissed her cheek before whispering in her ear, “And if it means spending more time with you, I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

Pulling back to give her a soft smile, Buffy couldn’t help the smug look of satisfaction that crossed her face as the crowd of girls around them continued to glare at her.

“And I made you a promise,” Spike continued, ignoring the other women around them. “I’m not about to lose you again.”

“That’s good you feel that way because I really don’t feel like letting you go again,” she replied with a bright smile. “But you know I’d kick your ass to the curb if you step outta line.”

“I know,” Spike said with a chuckle. “Don’t worry. Staying in the lines, on all counts. So, I take it you were able to get a baby-sitter?”

“Yep, Dawnie showed up at the last minute.”

“Good,” he said with a smile, bending his head to give the woman he loved a soft, tender kiss, much to the crowd's annoyance. Pressing his forehead to Buffy’s, he looked deep into her eyes, ignoring everyone around them as the ambiance seemed to fade away. “I love you, baby.”

With a smile, Buffy gave him another kiss. “I love you.”

Looking at his wife with nothing less than pure adoration on his face, Spike tenderly tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. “Did I ever tell you, Summers, that you’re one in a million?”

“I’m not a Summers anymore,” Buffy replied with a soft smile. “And yeah, you might have mentioned it.”



~THE END~




Thanks so much to: Aseret, B, gypsy_jin, BuffyandSpikeForever, Caitie, Franchesca, sue, txjmfan, willowmouse & Cordykitten for reviewing!