Author's Chapter Notes:
t
Thank you, so so so much, Dell, Nichole, and Caitie, I'm so glad you like it so far and your reviews mean a lot to me, really! ;)

sorry for late!

IX.

(Buffy)

“Do you know the saying: ‘Not even if the world ends today?’ Well, sometimes it’s literal, for example today.

Yes, the umpteenth apocalypse is going on right now. Usually it’s my job to stop them, but Spike didn’t allow me to go. He said, ‘You are grounded and I won’t change my mind... not even if the world ends today!’

See? I told you that it was literal.

Whatever, let’s leave the fun to them. They are two strong and valiant vampires, a witch so powerful that she could almost become a goddess, a werewolf who – another literal sense – knows how to put out his claws when it’s necessary, a Watcher and a Watcher-wannabe. So, those demons won’t have a good time for sure!

In the meantime, I’ll enjoy myself here with you. What do you say? Do you want to hear another part of the tale? After all, by this part I remember a lot of stuff, so I can do it on my own.


Spike sent me to kindergarten until I was four years old, because when I was three years old he preferred to keep me in the warehouse and cuddle me a little bit more along with all the others and... gee, they spoiled me so much!

Anyway, I faced the new world plenty of children like me and it was a big shock, I wasn’t used to that. But I found out that I was a sociable little girl, because I became friends with almost everyone in my class, but mostly with three of them and I couldn’t imagine yet how important they would be in my life, although the first days with them were really stormy.

The first one was Cordelia, a beautiful little girl who already behaved as a leader. At four years old, she was already surrounded by a bunch of bimbo little girls who were born just to be pushed around by someone. Do you wanna know how we met? Well, she practically attacked me because I had the same panda shaped schoolbag that she had. So she kept saying that only hers was the original, mine was surely just a pathetic and gross fake ... but being just four... her words were gibberish to me, but not for her.

There were two kids, a girl and a boy whom I hadn’t had the chance to meet during the first day. But when the school day finished and we all got out, I saw Spike’s car from afar; well... back to those days he was still Piky to me. Anyway, he was there to pick me up. When he got off of his car, one of the two children, the little boy, approached me.


“Look at that guy, he has such stupid hair!” he chuckled, pointing at Spike. I threw daggers at him with my eyes.

“S’ not true, his hair is nice, so stop insulting him!” I growled.

“Why? Is he your dad?” he asked me.

“What is a dad?” I asked him in confusion. After all, no one had ever explained to me what that word meant.


“You’re kidding, right? You don’t know what a dad is?!” he made fun of me. Grrr, he was so unbearable!

“Yes, and it’s not fun!” I pouted. And that’s when the little girl intervened, punching his head lightly.

“Stop it, Xander, you’re not being nice with her!” she snapped, smiling at me but without facing my gaze, since she was a very shy little girl, at least with the people she didn’t know.

“Probably you’ve been adopted!” she figured out and that puzzled me even more.

“I’ve been WHAT?”

“When your real mom and dad can’t keep you, they give you to someone else, and I guess the ‘someone else’ in question is him!” she explained, pointing at Spike as he approached me. Willow, that is the little girl’s name, was a very smart and perspicacious kid. But I had another important question in my mind: what was a mom?

“A-ha, you’re family-less because no one likes you!” the little boy continued humiliating me, pointing at me with his finger.

“Shut up! You don’t know me, no one does! Now I’ve gotta go!” I ran away in tears.

“Bye, family-less, run, because stupid-hair is waiting for you!” Xander yelled at me, but I heard Willow threatened him that she would paint his face with her yellow crayon if he didn’t shut up.

“Hey, Goldilocks, wassup? Tell dear old Spike!” he lifted me up, seeing me cry.

“Kids are bad with me and they talk nonsense!” I explained.

“What did the evil kids tell you to be so mean?” he asked me with a funny voice as he played with my pigtails, and both things made me smile.

“A little girl ordered me to never wear her same stuff, another one told me I’ve been ado-something and she used strange words... but mostly there’s a bad little boy who kept calling me family-less!” I confessed, bursting out crying again.

He growled and his eyes flashed yellow and that made me smile again.

“Piky, what’s a mom? Where’s mine? And even if I don’t know what it is... are you my dad?”

I don’t know what question shocked him the most, I just know that he put me in the car and then we spent all afternoon and a part of the evening talking a lot.

He told me what a mom and a dad are, but he didn’t tell me the truth about mine, because I still was way too young to face such a subject. He told me that he wasn’t my dad; that he would never be my dad, because he felt for me so much more than what a dad feels for his daughter, and that when I grew up I would understand. In fact, years and years later… I did understand, eh, eh!

During the following days, Willow apologized for Xander’s behaviour and she comforted me, so we became good friends. But Xander kept making fun of me and he didn’t even try to apologize.

That devilish kid deserved a lesson, so Spike and I planned the perfect revenge. Yes, you know, revenge is one of the things that my dear vampire and his group, especially Wes, taught me very well, although now I can say... it’s not a good thing!

Anyway, whoever dares call Spike ‘Stupid-hair’ must be punished!

I invited the ‘dear’ Xander to play with me at my house, telling him that it was my way to know him better and try to get along more. And that ninny bought that. So, Spike came to catch us at the end of the day, and he saw the Whelp, as he called him for fun... and still does!

“Come with us, kid, it will be *deadly* funny!” he sneered, bursting out in an icy terrible laughter. You know, when he wants to, he can be very scary!

The poor naïve kid jumped in the car with us and seeing all those dark-tinted windows didn’t make him feel better. And he felt even worse when we arrived to the warehouse... that was gloomier than usual on purpose... and the real fun hadn’t even begun yet.

I brought him into a room and resorting to an excuse, Spike and I left, leaving him alone for a while. What’s odd with that, you say? Maybe the fact that in that room we had put three coffins that opened at the same time, revealing Wesley, Faith and especially Andrew, since the coffins’ stuff was his idea, because he was sure that it would make quite an impression, and he was right.

So, they came out from their coffins, growling in full game face.

“Hi, Xander, come play with us, you can stay here *forever*!” they said at unison, approaching hm slowly, with their arms stretched out and walking like zombies.

As we had predicted, the little boy ran away through the open door, arriving into another room, where Spike and I were waiting for him. Spike held a tray with glasses full of a red liquid.

“Well, kid, wanna drink something? I’ve got fresh blood. If memory serves me right, it must be of a kid of your same age!” Spike sneered, drinking from his glass.

“Alright, blood is so yummy, taste it, you won’t regret it!” I invited him, drinking mine. To be honest, just Spike’s glass was full of blood, and not from a kid, of course, he never did such horrible things and he never will. My glass and Xander’s were filled just with simple tomato juice... but Xander didn’t know that and it freaked him out, making him fell on the floor, unconscious.

So that made him fearful of vampires, but mostly it taught him not to make fun of me ever. Obviously, no one believed his words when we took him back home, as Spike explained to his parents that he had hit his head and dreamed the whole surreal stuff.

And from that day on, he learned to respect me.

I found my new friends also at Elementary school, but I have not many special memories of those years, except for a very particular essay.

I was at second grade and the teacher had given us the title: ‘The person whom I admire the most.’
Well, guess about whom I talked?

You know, as sentimental as he is, Spike must have kept it somewhere. Anyway, I remember it, more or less it goes like this: ‘The person whom I admire the most is Spike, even if I like calling him Piky. He’s with me since ... always. He’s very funny and all his friends are funny, too. He always plays with me every game I want, even if he prefers to play at evening. He has a magic ring to play in daylight, but he’s lazy. When I do something bad that makes him angry, his eyes turn yellow and his teeth become longer and he growls at me, but he never scares me for real, anyway.
Piky doesn’t need the food we eat to survive, but he likes it anyway, and he’s fond of candies.
Piky doesn’t like wood and mirrors very much. Anyway, I love very, very much my funny Piky and when I grow up I will marry him. By the way, he can’t grow up anymore!’

Spike was touched when I made him read it, but the teacher didn’t think the same. No matter if it had very few grammar mistakes and I wasn’t out of topic at all, she rated it with a very low mark, and scolded me, because I shouldn’t have written it about ... an imaginary friend.

After all, she couldn’t even begin to imagine that Spike/Piky was nobody else but Mr. William Summers.

Anyway, I haven’t forgiven her yet for that horrible grade.

Well, it seems that I’ve talked enough for today.

We’ll keep on with the tale tomorrow, mostly because if I keep talking to you and the tape recorder goes on, by the way this is already the second cassette, it means that the world is not over and that our heroes won.

Well, I didn’t have any doubts about that…

TBC

And in the next chapter Buffy will face a kinda delicate topic.. are you ready?

I hope you’ll still like it, pleeease show me if you do ! ;)