Hello everyone!
Carmie, Jessica, Kerry and Sharon, thank you so much, girls, you’re making me so, so , so happy!

As promised, to make you forgive the evil cliffhanger (anyway, I can assure you there will be so much eviler ones during the whole story, iihihi !) , here’s this very fast update!


XI. (II) (There’s a tiny quote from ‘Smashed’, nothing Spuffy anyway... plus a little sentence from ‘Touched’)

(Spike)

““I know what you did tonight, well, don’t do that again!” he exclaimed with a dark voice. “Who... who are you and... wha... what do you want from me?” the poor guy asked, scared. “I’m a dear friend of Miss Summers and my Boss has a message for you...” Andrew continued, talking with an odd Italo-American accent!” (A/N: please, imagine this accent on your own, because I don’t know how to write it)

I know why he talked like that, though, it was due to the countless times he’d seen ‘The Godfather’!

“And then, his eyes turned yellow and his teeth became longer and sharper. “STAY THE HELL OUT FROM HER!” he growled, paralyzing the guy with fear, as he returned to his human aspect. “For tonight, it was just a warning, but if you keep seeing her... next time you will not be so lucky!” he threatened him, before my date ran away terrified. “Four out of four, he, he, Spike will be so proud of me!” he thought out loud, rubbing his hands with satisfaction. “But I’m not!” I showed up, glaring at him with my hands on my hips, waiting for some explanations. “Bu,.. Bu... Bu... Buffy!” he stuttered.

“Yes, although there aren’t all those ‘Bu’ in my name, it’s just Buffy. So, now confess, what the hell are you doing here and why?” I questioned him. “Spike asked me to do that... “ he trailed. “What’s your reward?” I wondered, because I know for sure that Andy never does anything for nothing! And that’s when his eyes sparkled and he started rumbling excitedly. “You know, he promised me that he will order the whole original series of ‘Doctor Who’ directly from the UK, even the ‘Red Dwarf’ episode that is still an inedited one!” he explained, very agitated. “But you didn’t tell me yet why you are here. You know what? I’m gonna ask that to the direct responsible!” I stated, running away.

Spike didn’t even manage to welcome me back, because I began yelling at him, as furious as never before. “What the hell do you think you’re doing?” “What?” he wondered, puzzled. “Don’t play the naïve guy with me! I just saw Andrew obey your orders, so it’s you! It’s your fault that all the boys ran away from me. Do you know what is that? It’s abuse of power! What damn right did you have to do that to me?” I asked with tearful eyes...”

That was the only time that chocolate with marshmallows wouldn’t help her forgive me, not that time, not after doing such a big damage.

““You don’t understand ...” he confined himself to say. “Yeah, I don’t and I don’t want to. Anyway, don’t you ever dare do something like that again! I hate you; stay the hell away from me!” I yelled, running to my room and locking the door from inside. And I deliberately ignored him for all the next day after, too. I don’t know about him, but for me that was one of the worst days of my existence!” she confesses.

“What? Do you think that I was happy about that? Ask all the persons from whom I ripped throats off that day if I was happy!” I intervene.

Here we go, another of her glares.

“Spike!” she roars.

“Okay, I’m just kidding, don’t worry. There were only ten ...”

“Spike!” she warns me again.

“Okay... just two...”

Another icy gaze.

“Okay, okay, no violent reactions, no kills, no victims, nothing! I was just upset, very upset, that’s all!” I correct myself.

“Anyway, after sunset, I heard someone knock on my door. “Spike, go away!” I exclaimed. “No, it’s me, Faith, let me in, B!” she said. So, I opened my door. “We all heard you argue like mad yesterday... what happened? I tried to ask Andrew about it... but he started babbling about some English videotapes ...” she rolled her eyes, so I told her everything.

“Did he really do that? Oh my, he’s so wrong, but he’s a guy and guys sometimes make mistakes, you know. But I guess that there must be a reason why he acted like that...” she commented. “Is there a reason? Really?” I asked in disbelief. “Yes, B. You’re still so naïve, but people outside are not and sometimes boys can be very ill intentioned. So, he just wanted to protect you. You’re right, that wasn’t the right way, but Spike is the kind of guy who follows his blood... which doesn’t exactly rush in the same direction of his brain!” she explained to me, making me smile at the last part. “But believe me, his intentions were pure, he didn’t hurt anyone after all... he just tried to keep you safe. So, please, don’t be angry with him, give him a second chance...” she advised me. “Thank you, Faith, talking with you helped me a lot!” I smiled. “I’m glad to be helpful. Instead, talking with you made me really hungry, I guess I’ll go hunt now. Wish me to find a good looking very ill intentioned guy!” she sneered, leaving.

I left my room and found Spike outside, smoking a cigarette. “One of these days those things will end up killing you!” I exclaimed, meeting him on the stairs at the entrance. “First, in case you didn’t notice yet, I’m already dead, and second... I imagined you didn’t care about my health ... not lately, at least...” he struck back, taking a drag. “Silly! I care about you, a lot, and you know that! Plus, I hate being angry with you, so now we’re gonna clear things up!” I said, sitting close to him. “You’re my saviour, you’re my family, but you can’t own me. I have a life to live, mistakes to make to learn from them. I know that you wanted to protect me, but you were just suffocating me that way, so, promise me you won’t do it again...” I went on. He raised his gaze, staring at me with those two blue zephyrs his eyes are. “I promise, Buffy!” he stated and I knew he was telling the truth, so I hugged him. “But if someone dares hurt you, he will die by the most painful death ever!” he swore, growling as I hugged him tighter...”

Buffy couldn’t even begin to image how torturous it was for me to be so close to her and be able to do nothing... because I wanted so much more than a simple hug from her, but she was just fourteen years old, it was still too soon, and the waiting was worth it... really.

“So, do you want to go watch the stars?” I suggested to him, it was my way to make things right. So, we went to the park outside the warehouse. There was a beautiful starry sky and it was just 10:00 p.m., you know, no matter if I lived with vampires, they always made me go sleep before midnight, uff! Anyway, for a while we watched the stars together, but we didn’t care about the real constellations. No, we preferred naming them according to the shape they have or the picture they draw. This way is funnier because you can always find new ones. Actually, Dru taught this game to Spike... but I don’t mind, I finally realized that: she is her past, but I’m both his present and future!”

You bet, my sweet pet!

“You know, that was the perfect night, so I tried to push my luck. I wrapped my hand around his neck, pulling him closer to me and exposing my neck to him. “Can I get a little bite from you, now?” I murmured, but he pulled away.”

Yeah, but I had to resort to all my self control not to be tempted that night, it was such a huge effort!

““It’s not even your birthday! Anyway, you already know that the answer is NO!” he explained, so I gave in, snorting. After all, I was already happy for that night, because our fight was finally over.”

And saying that, she presses ‘stop’.

“Well, it’s 2:00 a.m., it’s a beautiful night, so... do you wanna go watch the stars? Talking about that made me a little bit nostalgic. Plus, we haven’t done that in ages!” she suggests and I accept, grabbing her hand and taking her outside.

“But this time there will be also some bites... right?” she wonders, making puppy eyes to me.

Gee, she is so obsessed with that!

Well, not that I complain...

“Sure, luv, all the bites you desire...”

TBC

Next time there will be a very important * call * for Buffy. You already know what I’m talking about, don’t you? ;)

I hope you’ll still like it!