Thank you soooooooo much, Kerry, Jessica, Sharon and Carmie (I’m so glad for you that more people are reviewing TLL! ;) ) , you are making me soooooo happy!! ;)

Caitie, where did you go? :( I hope you’ll still like this story, but if you don’t, thank you anyway SO MUCH for the beginning!! ;)


XII. (Spike)

It’s still very early, it must be still morning, but I was startled into awakening because ‘something’ or rather, ‘someone’ cuddled against me, hugging me as she trembled and tickled me with her golden locks.

“Go away, go away!” she murmurs in her sleep as I smile, because I’ve already figured out what’s bothering her so much.

In fact, she holds me even tighter when she hears the wind make the shutters in our room close up violently after it’d opened them. Sure, if it was a sunny warm day I wouldn’t mind staying here in bed calm and quiet, but the day outside is cloudy and grey as it is in London; oh God, I miss my London so much!

Anyway, it’s a thunderstorm. I adore them, but my pet can’t stand them, ever since she was a kid. Every time she heard a thunder she’d sneak into my bed and I’d found her when I woke up with her tiny head on my chest and her arms wrapped around my neck. Of course, there’s no need to say that I never slept naked then, maybe sometimes I took off my T-shirt, but that’s all!

The door shuts loudly and Buffy pulls me closer to her, holding me so tight that if I was human I would already have some broken ribs.

Here we go, that’s what I was waiting for... the flash, so, if I’m not wrong, three, two, one...

“Oh God, oh God, I’m so scared!” Buffy yells, waking up all of the sudden, as soon as she hears the thunder, all panic-stricken.

So, now that she is awake, I can finally get up and check in the other room.

“So, is she okay?” Buffy asks me when I come back.

“Believe me or not, she is still sleeping, calm and peacefully, she didn’t even hear it!” I smile at her as I help her close the window, but with all the rain we received in the process now we are completely wet. Well, at least water can’t kill us, we can’t even get a cold!

“So, tell me, how can such a strong, big and brave Slayer be so afraid of a thunderstorm?” I tease her.

“Uff, it’s not my fault. I hate storms, the wind is so violent and don’t get me started with thunders, the sky’s growl is the scariest sound ever!” she protests as we come back under the sheets and I cuddle her a little.

“The sky can growl as much as it pleases, but as long as you are with me, you have nothing to fear!” I murmur, purring and she purrs back.

“Anyway, I’m already awake and I don’t feel like sleeping anymore, so why don’t we do som...”

She didn’t even finished her sentence, because she has already fallen asleep in my arms. So, as I listen to the rain pouring down outside, I follow her into slumber.

-----------------------------------------------------

“Rise and shine, my love, it’s fable-time!” Buffy wakes me up, nibbling my neck with her blunt teeth.

“What about the scared Buffy of just a few hours ago?” I ask her as I rub my eyes.

“The storm is over, so she is gone and now there’s only happy Buffy who is ready to keep telling our story!” she says.

“What does that mean? Are you the storyteller, again?” I snort.

She is overtaking the last cassette, uff!

“Yes, honey, me again, because this part of the tale really needs my point of view, so don’t dare say no!” she strikes back, and she is right, Grrr!

If only I was the Slayer I could tell this part... Gee, what the bloody hell am I thinking?

“C’mon, honey, I’ll even let you intervene sometimes,” she winks at me and then she presses ‘play’ for the umpteenth time and the story resumes.

“Well, I told you that the cheerleader stuff was only temporary. In fact, just a couple of months after I became a cheerleader, I was called and it’s not someone who calls you on the phone to chat with you. No, it’s something special that you feel inside, that makes you feel different, as if you had a special role to fill, and that makes you...”

“A pain in the neck!” I cut her off.

That’s it. Another glare. So, in a few seconds she is going to squeak ‘Spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike!’ all pissed off.

“Spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike!” she squeaks, all pissed off.

Just like I’d predicted. Sometimes you don’t need Dru’s gift to have some visions!

“I was saying something important. And you, sweetheart, don’t mind over what Spike just said, I guess he’s still angry with me because I made half of his minions run away terrified...”

“You know that’s not true! Anyway, you told me I could intervene. By the way, since when do I need your permission to intervene?” I asked.

“Whatever! But let me tell things in the right order!” she rolls her eyes.

“Go ahead...” I incite her, pretending to close my mouth with a zipper and throw the key away.

“I wasn’t the same anymore, I wasn’t comfortable in the warehouse, surrounded by all those vamps, and when the sun set I felt the strong urge to go to the park, to the cemetery, to go wherever there was something evil to prevent it from making trouble. One of those nights, Spike tried to prevent me from going out, but I grabbed him by his arm and flipped him on the floor with such easiness... “

“Don’t brag about that, it’s just that I was surprised and...” I justify, so what does she do? She pretends to close my mouth with the previous zipper, put a lock on it and ...eat the key!

“I was astonished, scared for what I had done, so I started running, faster than I had ever run before, as I swore to myself that I would never ever eat spinach anymore! I didn’t want to return home, I just wanted to hide, so I headed towards my school, sneaking through a window that was left open and I got into the library, spending the whole night there.”

“And you have no idea about what I went through that night. I turned the town upside down, I dusted every minion that told me that they hadn’t found you. It was terrible. I thought the worst had happened, my baby all alone in such a dangerous town. To be honest, I ‘d never thought you were hiding in your high school...”

“And then it was morning and the Librarian got to school before the others. He is a tall, very elegant Englishman of about forty years old... well now he’s over fifty years old, with a severe but kind attitude. So, he got in and found me asleep on a chair. I woke up immediately, as soon as I heard someone come in. “Uh! Sorry, I didn’t mean to sleep here. Please, don’t call the police!” I asked him, uptight, but he just smiled at me.
“Don’t worry, I won’t call anyone. Actually, I was looking for you...” he confessed, puzzling me. “What do you mean? I’ve never brought back a book after the expiration date… to be honest, I’ve never taken a single book from here...” I justified.
“No, it has nothing to do with books; this is just about you, about how you’re feeling. I’ve been watching you for a while and I know that lately you’ve been confused, that you need some answers and I’m the one who can give you those answers...” he explained and I jumped on my chair.

“What? How? You’re just a Librarian... why are you acting as if you were a psychologist, too? Are you trying to get a double wage? Hey, wait a minute, you’re English... you’re all dressed in tweed, you talk mysteriously using lots of roundabouts expressions and last, but not least... you were watching me... Oh, God! Spike told me about you weird people, you are a Watcher!” I exclaimed, enlightened by that realization. “How do you know about Watchers?” he asked me, as puzzled as I was. “And if you are a watcher and you were looking for me... it only could mean that... that I am...” I trailed.
“Yes, Miss Summers, you are the new Slayer!” he told me.
“No, it can’t be, it can’t Spike’s-favourite-word-be! Leave me alone!” I snapped, running away before he could stop me.

I was heading back to the warehouse, crying desperately, when someone grabbed me from behind.
“Here you are, finally, Missy! Where the hell were you? Do you have the slightest idea how concerned I was? Don’t you the-same-word-of-before dare do such a thing again!” Spike yelled at me and I turned to face him. He was wearing the gem, that’s why he was around at 8:00 a.m. in a beautiful sunny day at end of Autumn. And judging by his tired face I figured that he must have been outside all night long, looking for me...”

“In fact, that’s what I did!” I clarify.

“Anyway, when he realized that I was crying, he softened his attitude towards me. “What’s up, pet? What happened?” he wondered, looking deeply into my eyes. As my only answer, I bared my neck to him in total surrender. “No, Buffy, this is not the proper time to play at ‘Can I have a bite from you?’, so stop it!” he pointed out roughly, but I just shook my head negatively, looking at him as serious as never.

“No, Spike, I don’t want just a simple bite from you, I want you to kill me, before it’s too late!” I clarified. “What? Oh, c’mon, sunshine, don’t be so tragic. I was thinking about giving you a little punishment, maybe three weeks without TV, but to kill you sounds way too exaggerated to me...” he chuckled, but he saw that I was still deadly serious.

“Buffy... what... what’s going on?” he asked me, trembling. I looked at him as if it was the last time I could do that, as I was ready to meet my fate.

“China, 1900. Your first Slayer. New York, 1977. Your second Slayer. Here, now. Spike, it’s time for you to face the third Slayer on your list...””

TBC


I know, I know.. that’s evil! >:-D

Anyway, I hope you’ll still like it !