Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry, previously I had put the wrong number of the chapter, but now I wrote the right one.. ;)
Hello , Sorry for late, but finally I’m back with this one..
Carmie, Kerry, Jessica, Angie (Yayy!! I’ve got a new Reader!!) and Sharon.. THANK YOUUUUUU ALL !!!!!
Your support means a lot to me! ;)
XIII.

(Buffy)

“I closed my eyes and waited. Nothing. I reopened them and I saw that Spike hadn’t even changed his features. He just looked at me in pure shock. “Are you telling me... that... that you are... the new Slayer?” he looked at me waiting for my confirmation and I nodded, fearing the worst. Do you want to know what his reaction was? He just burst out laughing madly, so much so that he made me laugh as well. But after a while we managed to calm down. “Why... why are we laughing? After all, it’s a tragedy!” I made him notice.

“Is it?” he raised his scarred eyebrow. “I just think that it’s absurd and his-favourite-word ironic!” he added. “Hey, hello? Ring any bells? Slayer. Vampire. A vampire who happens to hate Slayers with all his being. That’s the worst thing that could ever happen. I mean... don’t you want to kill me now?” I asked him.”

“Sure, that was the last thing I would’ve expected to happen, she had become what I had always hated the most, but... how could she ask me such a stupid thing?” he intervenes, but I won’t protest this time, quite the contrary, I’ll let him keep telling the story.

“In fact, I ended up laughing again. “Spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike, quit it, there’s nothing funny about this!” she snapped.”

Uff, I hate when he mocks me. Plus, I don’t have such a shrill voice.

“You’re right. It’s a real tragedy if, although you’ve been living with me for fourteen years... you still don’t know me. Do you really think it works like that? That one moment you’re the most important thing to me and the moment after I crave to kill you just because you turned into the worst enemy of all vampires? Baby, you don’t seem to understand anything, then. Just tell me...” I said, taking a look around and finding what I needed, a small branch that had fallen from a tree. Sure, it was kind of rudimental, but for me it was lethal enough, especially after I broke it to give it a pointy edge. I gave it to Buffy, opening my arms in surrender.

“Do you feel like killing me now?” I asked her, looking into her eyes so deeply that I could see straight into her soul. She just threw it away, as far as she could. “No, a world of NO!” she struck back, with tearful eyes. “But that’s just temporary...” she added, thoroughly confusing me. “Spike, don’t you remember? You’re always telling me that Slayers are evil and merciless. It’s just a matter of time and I’ll also become evil and merciless, killing whomever crosses my path... just because they’re not like me. Now, thank God, I’m still normal, so kill me, I don’t want to turn into such a monster!” she pleaded me.

“Pet, listen, it’s not like that. I mean, to be a Slayer doesn’t change who you really are, it just makes you stronger and more powerful, but you’ll still be the wonderful person you are, honey, you’re not turning into a monster,” I assured her, caressing her hair. “But... you said..” she protested. “The Slayers I met were already cold and emotionless even before becoming the Chosen Ones, I’m sure of that,” I explained to her and she seemed to calm down.

“So, what happens now? Will you leave me? You won’t want me to be in your warehouse anymore?” she asked, trembling. I hugged her, kissing her temple, before I answered, “There’s no way I’m gonna leave you, Slayer!” I smiled at her.”

‘Slayer’. It was the first time he called me that. It had always been a word that he said with hate and anger, but when he said it that day I could feel the sweetness and the heat inside it and I knew for sure that there was a new entry in the tender nicknames he has for me. Of course, that’s except for when he changes the tone when he’s angry with me!

“ “Anyway, now I don’t wanna think about the consequences, we’ll just return home and go to sleep, after the night we’ve both had we need a lots of rest. No school for you today, kitten,” I suggested as we headed towards home. The rest of our family and the minions were already asleep, of course, so no one heard us as we went to our rooms, sleeping until sunset. After that, we met in the hall and we decided what to do. “First of all, we’d better not tell the others about it, not yet at least, they’re not ready to know that you are the new Slayer...” I instructed her, but someone was nearby and had heard everything. “WHAT? BUFFY IS THE NEW SLAYER?!” Wesley yelled as loud as he could, not that he did it on purpose, he was just shocked by the news. “Let’s forget the reservation then...” I rolled my eyes, glaring at my Childe who stared astonished at Buffy. After the whole warehouse heard it, tons of minions ran away trying to save their un-lives, only a few stayed, the ones who are still here today...”

“Yes, I remember that moment as if it was yesterday, we heard an odd rumble and before Wes, Spike and I could realize what was going on, a big crowd crossed our path, raising lots of dust from the ground, as they cried, scared as never before... and we haven’t heard from them since then. Well, maybe I staked some of them during my patrols. You know, it’s dark at night and when someone pops out from a bush, all growling, I don’t have time to assure myself if I know them or not. But all that happened later...” I add, beckoning Spike to go on.


“Faith and Andrew also showed up, looking at Buffy in disbelief. I placed myself in front of her in a protective way, growling at them. “No one is going to kill her, no matter if now she is the Slayer!” I summoned them.

“Calm down, S, no one wants to kill her, after all she is still my B. We are not enemies now, are we?” she asked and Buffy smiled, shaking her head negatively. “Fine, because to be honest, you wouldn’t like to have me as your enemy. I would beat you in a heartbeat!” she declared proudly and cockily.”

Yes, it wasn’t what she had said; it was the cockiness with what she had said that. But back to those days she was right, because I wouldn’t have lasted a minute against her in a real fight. But now things are different and sometimes, in our playful fights I show her that.

““Yeah, I think so. I’m glad that we don’t have to fight,” Buffy sighed relieved. “But, I think you two should fight...” I suggested and they both looked at me puzzled. “Why do you want to turn us against each other?” Buffy asked me, hugging Faith.

“Because that’s the best way to train you, before you begin fighting all the vamps and demons outside, since now your duty is to slay them,” I explained to her and she looked at me even more puzzled. “Do you mean that... not only you’ve accepted that I’m the Slayer, but... you are also gonna help me?” she wondered. “Sure, I am. You have no idea what is waiting for you outside, your Watcher’s help won’t be enough, so...”

“Did you really said ‘Watcher’? ‘You know, I’d like to meet one, it’s a role that fascinates me so much...” Wesley confessed and that’s odd, because he had never told me that before. I have the feeling that if he hadn’t met me... he probably would have become a Watcher. So, to be honest, I think I did a big favour to him. “So now you’re the Slayer. Wow, finally we can find out if you have some weak points, like Superman with the Kryptonite!” Andrew exulted, but we all glared at him. “Alright, alright, I got you, people. Andrew, go to your room!” he said to himself, rolling his eyes and leaving.

“The only weak point you have so far is fighting, so you’ll train with Faith. And you, Wes, keep an eye on them!” I said. “Why can’t I train with you?” she asked me, pouting. “Because you’re still too weak to even think of training with me, you’d better start at a lower level...” I justified.

“Hey, you, third-rate Grand Sire, whom did you dare to define as a lower level?” Faith snapped as Wesley glared at me because I had just insulted his Mate. Among all those glares, I chose to go hunting, so I left. For now that’s all, tomorrow there will be more,” he swears, turning off the recorder.

Oh, sure, tomorrow he can talk as long as he pleases because I won’t be here anymore...

Why is he staring at me with that odd light in his eyes?

“Tell me, pet, do you know the real reason why I made you train with Faith first?” he asks me with a deep voice as we walk through the corridor.

I’m going to take another step, but that’s impossible, since I find myself pinned on the floor as he straddles me.

“Think about that. A fight with you means passion,..” he goes on as I push my knee into his stomach to break free and get up. I know what he wants tonight; well, to be honest, I want it as well. He smirks in that irresistible way, before kicking me hard in the stomach and smashing me against the wall, pressing his body against mine. The desire of ripping out each other’s clothes is strong, but we both hold on.

“A fight is about two bodies that rub against each other...” and saying that he rubs himself against me. Awww... but it’s still too soon to end our fight. So I punch his nose hard and he backs off, growling against me. Oh yes, his very precious nose, blah, blah, blah. I know that, that’s why I did it. In fact, he hurls towards me with fury and punches me back on my chin, right before throwing me on our bed and jumping over me, immobilizing me with his weight.

“It wasn’t you who was not ready to face me. It was me who wasn’t ready to dance with you, because it was too soon. I wouldn’t had been able to withhold on any longer and I would’ve betrayed myself... as I’m doing now...” he murmurs and... I don’t know why... but my eyes fall on the bulge in his jeans. Back to those days I hadn’t notice, but now I realize that that was the real reason.

I love dancing with my Big Bad!

TBC


See? No cliffs this time, I was good, wasn’t I? ;)


Well, if you care, I also started a very new FF a few days ago, it ‘s called ‘Se Fossi In Te’ (don’t worry, only the title is in Italian, not the story eh, eh!) . If you feel like checking it out, I hope you’ll like it, but thanks anyway, you girls are already doing sooooooooo much for me, I adore you!