Hello again!
Jessica, Angie, JANE (I found another new reader, * happy dance *) and Sharon, THANK YOU SO MUCH, I’m so glad you still like it!

This part should be funny.. at least I wish!


XIV.

(Spike)

“Alright! My seemingly never-ending seven days punishment has finally ended, my captivity is over! World outside, I’ve missed you so damn much, just wait for me, I’m coming back to you!” Buffy exults, waking me up abruptly as she ran towards the bathroom to get herself ready to get out.

I knew it! Look how happy she is for getting out again since her ‘house arrest’ is over. She dared to call it ‘captivity’ even; well, I don’t think I made last week so unbearable for her. But time has run out, so now she is free again... and my apprehension and anxiety starts all over again. On second thought... chaining her to a wall isn’t such a bad idea after all. There must be some chains left in my closet, but as I move out of the bed to check, Buffy comes out of the bathroom. As soon as I see her I forget all about my plans.


“Wait a minute, where are your stiletto heels, your almost invisible miniskirt and your way too visible neckline?” I ask her, hoping that her answer will be the one I want to hear.

“Well, you know, I would’ve had some trouble fighting with such an uncomfortable outfit,” she strikes back and I smile with satisfaction.

“Fighting? Do you mean that you are not going dancing?” I say just to make sure.

“Hell no! I prefer my dear patrol, that’s what I’ve missed the most...” she explains. “You should have figured that out by the fact that neither Faith, Wesley nor Andrew are coming with me, and you’d never let me go dancing alone...”

That’s true. I don’t prevent her from having her fun, but not alone, never alone, if none of the guys can go with her, I order a minion to go, well, a * female * minion, of course!

“By the way, why do you never come dancing with me? I would like that so much...” she pouts at me.

“Honey, I would like that, too, but if you want good harmless Spike, you’d better not bring me there with you, because if I saw just one guy that dares to approach to you, I’d forget all of Angel’s teachings in a heartbeat and set my demon totally free to eliminate every male in there,” I explain to her calmly.
“So, that’s something like ‘What the eye doesn’t see, the heart doesn’t suffer’?” she winks at me.
“I’d rather say ‘What my eye doesn’t see, lets all the other blokes’ hearts keep beating!’” I correct her with a sneer, the same sneer she is showing me now.

“My Big Bad jealous boy is all Grrr! I love it so much... when I come back I’m gonna wear that little outfit you thought I was going to put on just for you... or maybe I’ll just wear the stilettos... and nothing else.” Buffy looks at me seductively, disappearing in the night, but not before she gave me a kiss that could have won an Oscar.

And now that she’s messed up with my hormones so badly... how the bloody hell am I supposed to keep on with the tale? But I manage to calm down and go to the other room, ready to start.

“They kept on training and when I returned I saw that they were still fighting. I asked Faith how Buffy was doing and my Grand Childe gave me the answer... in her own way.

“It’s five by five,” she said and when she says that it either means that everything is okay or that they’re equal or something along that line. It took me ages to figure out what it could mean.


Anyway, my baby kept astonishing me. I would’ve never imagined that in her first day as the Slayer she would’ve been able to face such a strong adversary as Faith is. The hell with the lower level, I lied. Faith is a very strong and powerful fighter.

Buffy began to accept her new role as I did, too. So much so that she was already ready to confess to her Watcher all he needed to know about her... very odd family condition.

I wasn’t there when she went to him the morning after, but she told me everything.

Anyway, I picture her as she showed up with the cold attitude sometimes she can assume and her exaggerated self-confidence that screams ‘I’m the Slayer, so I’m the most perfect person in the World’. You know, the one that makes her unbearable, but also more fascinating than anyone else at the same time.

She got in the library with a fierce look and large steps. Seeing her, her Watcher looked at her astonished. “So, you’re back...” he grumbled, but she ignored him. “You claim that you know me, so tell me how well do you?” she asked him, coldly.

“Well, I know that you were adopted, but I don’t know everything about your family and I don’t care, after all it’s not that important...” he answered and she chuckled. “Believe me, it is, you have no idea about how important it is...” she explained, making him suspicious. “What do you mean?” he narrowed his eyes. “Just wait until sunset and I’ll bring you to my * family.* They can’t wait to meet you...” she invited him. “Do... do you mean that... they know about your secret?” he asked in confusion and Buffy burst out laughing. “Sure, they know all there is to know about Slayers, about Watchers, about demons and all the other stuff the Hellmouth has to offer. Come with me after sunset and you’ll understand everything...” she repeated, leaving with the same nonchalance she had got in with.

The Watcher, whom as we had found out was called Rupert Giles, was waiting for Buffy at the library at the end of the day, so Buffy brought him to us. “What? Do you live in a warehouse?” he exclaimed in astonishment. “Yes, what’s wrong with that? It’s home to me, it has always been. Anyway, believe me, that’s not what’s gonna shock you...” she chuckled as they got in.

Giles was welcomed by Andrew, Faith and Wesley, the most enthused one, as he looked at the Watcher as a kid in a pastry shop. No, wait, it’s not that my Childe wanted to eat him... you know what I meant to say!

Buffy introduced them as her ‘brothers’ and finally I also showed up, after making him wait for me, as every good owner of the house would.

“So, who is he?” Rupert asked Buffy, pointing at me. Gee, that man must have forgotten the good manners in London; everyone knows that it’s not a good habit to point at people.

“Good evening, I’m William Summers...” I introduced myself. He looked at me puzzled, and then he reflected on that for a while, making some mental counts and figuring out a possible explanation.
“Oh, sure, you must be his son, William Summers Junior. Where is your father, the one who adopted Buffy?” he asked me and I almost burst out laughing. No, now that I remember... I really burst out laughing. Bugger the bloody politeness!

“* I * am the one who adopted Buffy!” I stated and he almost had a heart attack.

“Wh... wha... what? That’s not possible...” he stuttered, taking off his glasses and starting to clean them, gee... I can’t stand him when he does that!

“Hell yeah, it’s possible,” I smiled, approaching to him calmly. “How?” he wondered, getting scared.

“This way!” I struck back, changing my features at the same time all my group did. If he had risked a heart attack before, then Rupert was about to pass out, if Buffy hadn’t immediately caught him before he fell on the floor.

“But ... but... but you’re vampires!” he said trying to recover.

“My compliments, buddy! It took * only * twenty minutes for you to figure out that we are vampires!” I laughed, applauding at him mockingly. “So, baby, this is the man who is supposed to look after you, isn’t it? Well, I’m not very relieved about that...” I commented, pulling Buffy to myself.

“But ... but... but you’re vampires!” the Watcher repeated, almost paralyzed.

“Hey, G-man, change the tune. The world has lots of other words, use them!” Faith snorted, with her never missing cockiness accounted for.

“Shut up, Faithy, he’s a Watcher, he has such an important role; we must show him respect. Please, Mr. Giles, tell us about all the things a Watcher does!” Wesley exhorted him.

“So, you are a kind of... secondary help... like Robin with Batman. Can I call you Robin?” Andrew said, throwing into the conversation one of his typical Andrew remarks.

“Behave guys and don’t annoy the Watcher... now he’s the one who needs to hear something like... some explanations...” I tell them to keep them quiet.
“Ye-yes... I think... that would help ...” he stuttered, putting on his glasses again with his trembling hands. “Buffy, why are you not fighting them? They’re vampires, and your duty, your holy duty is to eliminate them...” he recovered.

Gee, I preferred him when he was all shocked and stuttering!

“Why would I ever do such a thing? Would you hurt the people you love the most?” Buffy struck back, holding me tight.

He was shocked and puzzled once again, but before he talked, I told him everything... as fast as possible, not in the very long way that I’m doing it now. I’m making this exception only for you, my lovely baby.

“So, you have been growing up with these vampires!” Giles commented at the end.

“Yes, and that’s the number one reason why I’m not ever gonna kill any of them, not even the few minions Spike has... you have no idea about how hard it is to keep such a big warehouse clean and in order...” Buffy pointed out.

That night, Giles confined himself to leave, saying that he needed a glass of scotch and some rest and that he would be back the night after...

Sorry, but now I’ve gotta leave, too. It seems that patrol was shorter than I thought.”

And saying that, I stop the recorder and go welcome my pet back good and proper, also because she promised me a certain something.

Bloody hell, now my hormones are all messed up once again!

TBC

I hope you’ll still like it. More Spike/Giles interaction in the next chapter! ;)