Hello, sorry for late, but finally I’m back with this one, too! ;)

Carmie, jane, Jessica, Kerry and Sharon, THANK YOU ALL SO, SO, SO MUCH!!!!! ;)



XV.

(Buffy)

My poor honey, he was so upset when, yesterday, he heard me come back, but it was just to change my clothes, before going to Giles to say hello and know if there is any apocalypse coming soon, but lucky for us, there’s none. And then I passed by the Bronze to see all the others. After all there were too few demons around, but the night was still so young.. and I didn’t feel like staying at home.
Anyway, I came back for real at 3: 00 a.m. and to me that means to come back * early *.

I sneaked under the sheets, waking up my love who was already sleeping, wearing just what I had promised to him and.. hell yeah, he was happy!
Well, tonight he went out to do his ‘huntrol ‘ the hunt with the patrol.. so, it’s my turn to stay here with you and keeping the tale , and I’ll do very willingly.


As promised, Giles came back the night after and in front of a cup of hot tea, our dear Englishmen talked a lot as I listened to them very carefully, since I was their main subject.
Wesley, Faith and Andrew weren’t there. We though that they had understood on their own that that meeting requested some privacy, but later we found out that they had just had the brilliant idea to hide Andrew’s video camera and spying us from afar .. a kind of reality show, although back to those days there wasn’t that crap yet.

Anyway, Giles kept looking at me, shaking his head disappointedly.

“Let me see if I got it straight. You will do your Slayer duty, but you have some conditions..” he grumbled.
“Yeah. I already told you that I’ll never ever kill anybody who stays in this warehouse..”
“But they hunt and kill. They kill innocents, you can’t allow them to do such a thing!” he protested.
“First, they don’t kill very often, Spike always tries to talk them into kill as less as possible and they mostly kill homeless guys, little thieves, criminals and all the kind of people that you can’t really call ‘innocent’!” I pointed out. “Andrew kills very, very rarely, because he’s too busy watching TV. About Faith and Wes, well.. they kill just who deserves it!” I went on.
“Buffy! You can’t talk that way! You must protect them!” he snapped.
“No, not everyone at least, just the very good innocent people, and none of them had never attacked the innocent people!” I struck back.

You know, after all, to grow up among vampires made me see things in a different perspective and I learned that not always soulless means ‘monster’ and soulful means ’innocent’.

“No? Not even Spike?” the Watcher asked as he and the vampire in question glared at each other for the umpteenth time.
“Well, yes. He attacks innocent people, tons of them..” I informed him.
“And you even tell me that! You can’t let that wicked soulless evil monster..” Giles yelled at me and as his list of insults went on, Spike and I exchanged an understanding gaze.
“Do you want to tell him or can I do that?” I asked him and he let me go on. “Giles! Gee, if only you let me finish talking! I was about to say that he * does * attack them, but he NEVER kills them, he just takes a few sips from everyone and that’s not a big damage for any of them. You know, Spike stopped killing a long time ago. Sure, he had his fun first, he even happened to kill two Slayers!” I let that news escape from my mouth and according to Spike’s icy glare.. well, I would have better shut up.

“What? You killed two Slayers? And then you adopted the third one?! That doesn’t make any sense!” Giles grumbled.
“Hey! I couldn’t even begin to imagine that. It’s not that when I found her there was a warning like ‘Hi, please, bring me with you and take good care of me, but be careful, because when I am fourteen years old I’ll turn into your worst enemy!’ “ Spike struck back. “It just happened, but that doesn’t change how I feel about her..” he added immediately after, smiling sweetly at me.

“So, how did you react when you found out that he killed two Slayers.. just like you?” the Watcher asked me.
“Well, there wasn’t any big reaction, I knew it since I was a kid, it was one of the fables he told me before sleeping..” I confessed.
“What? Did you use to talk about such a violent stuff with such a little girl?” Giles scolded him.
“Well, he had his way to tell me that, you know, after all it was a fable. Spike was the good brave Prince who had to fight against the two evil female warriors in order to keep his kingdom safe and sound. He also changed the way he actually killed the two Slayers. I mean, in the fable the Prince eliminates the first warrior, i.e. the first Slayer he drained during the Boxer Revolution, with a .. special kiss. About the second one, the Slayer in New York that he defeated, snapping her neck, well.. the Prince kills her with a.. sweet caress!” I explained.

You know, honey, I guess that in two or three years Spike will begin telling you this fable, too.

Coming back to Giles, hearing those details made him realize something important.
“Oh, Good Lord! Those two Slayers.. wait. But you.. you must be.. you are William the Bloody, then!”
Please, notice, this time that’s not a bad word.
“How do you know that one-of-Spike’s-bad-words nickname?” Spike wondered, bothered.
“Because the Diaries of the Watchers talk about you. You killed two poor Slayers and then you brought mayhem and death all across Europe for so many years..” the Watcher explained, ready to defend himself if Spike attacked him.

But Spike didn’t even think about attacking him, he simply burst out laughing madly.
“Uh? Me?! Bringing mayhem and death all across Europe? Oh my, if only Angel could hear that..” he commented, between laughter.
“Angel? Don’t tell me that you’re talking about Angelus, the Irish vampire with angelic face who did the most wicked kills, the one who even kidnapped and tortured an innocent nun, before turning her into a vampiress, about a century and half ago.. He’s the cruellest being who had ever walked on this Earth, please, tell me that you have nothing to do with him!” the Watcher said, fearing the worst.

Result? Spike just laughed even more than before, and I also joined him,
“One of these days you must let me read all those Diaries , because I want to see all the other crap they wrote. By the way, they shouldn’t write when they’re high!” Spike struck back, recovering from all the laughter.
“What do you mean?” Giles narrowed his eyes.

He was so confused that I almost pitied him, poor man.

“I mean that actually the ‘defenceless’ nun is the real wicked vampiress of the trio, she is the one who almost forced Angel to turn her, because they were in love and she wanted to become a vampiress to avoid the convent where her parents wanted to send her to, the hell with the kidnapping, the tortures and the innocent nun! And yes, I have something to do with Angel, because, you know, he happened to be one of my two Sires, the other one is Dru, the visionary girl who has NEVER become a nun! About Angel.. the cruellest vampire in the world?! Oh, c’mon, he feels guilty even when he kills a fly, he never ever killed a human being, he just feeds a little from them, but very, very, very rarely, since he’s the pig-blood guy! And guess what? He’s the one who taught to me how to control my demon without killing. About the two Slayers.. well, what would you do if you were attacked by someone who wants to kill you when you didn’t do anything, but you were just minding your bad-word business as peacefully as never? Well, I don’t know what you do at RupertLand, but here at SpikeLand I react and fight for my existence, it’s called legitimate defence! Ok, I was the one who looked first for the Chinese Slayer, but about the second one.. well she teased me first!” Spike pointed out.

“But.. but.. if you didn’t kill anyone else after that.. why do they call you William * the Bloody * ?” Giles asked curiously and if he could, Spike would have blushed.
“ Ok, I’ll tell you what. When I was human, a club of idiots who belonged to High Society as I did, gave me that nickname due to my awful bloody poetry. Are you happy now? I still wonder how that stupid nickname managed to arrive to you!” he growled. “Anyway, now that you know, don’t tell a soul that, and worse, don’t you ever dare to tell anyone that I’m a vampire, because if you try something funny to take Buffy away from me.. well, the future generations will call me William the Bloody for a very good reason, then!” he threatened my Watcher with a scary icy gaze.

Giles nodded, as he had already figured out what Spike meant with ‘anyone’.
“God only know why, but I promise that I won’t try anything funny and I won’t even tell the Council about Buffy’s uh.. very particular ‘family’, you have my word. Anyway, she is the Slayer and she needs her Watcher, so you must let me train her!” Giles struck back with a fierce fearless look.
“I’ll let you do it, but at one condition: I’ll train her, too!” Spike stated.
“What? You are a vampire, you can’t train a Slayer!”
“You said it. I’m a vampire, so who can know better than a vampire how to fight my own kind? You know, I just care about my warehouse, but I’ll be glad to dust the rest outside. We are going to train her together. Take or leave it!” Spike gave him the ultimatum, and you have no idea about how stubborn he can be!

“After all, you have some points. That really could help Buffy to be a better Slayer. Deal. Although I still think that it doesn’t make much sense!” Giles gave in.

So, see? If Spike has two Sires, I can say that I had two trainers with very different methods, but I’ll talk about that next time.

Now I turn off the recorder to go outside and reach my love.
It’s been a while since we patrolled together..

TBC

I hope you’ll still like it

p.s. And tomorrow I’ll also update ‘ Double Mess’ and ‘Simply Absurd ‘, too ! ;)