Thank you so much, Angie, jane, and PhotographyNut (Yay!! A new reader!!) I’m glad that you still like it and I hope you will still do ;)

XVI.

(Spike)

“Hello, here we go again to continue the tale!” I greet our dear and blissfully unaware listener, ready to start.

“You know, he is in a hurry to keep telling the story just because he doesn’t want you to know that yesterday, when I met him to patrol together, we made a bet over who would kill more demons and who would do it faster, and I was the winner on both accounts. After all, he can’t do anything about it... okay, yeah, he is a mighty Master Vampire but I’m the Slayer, the Chosen One!” Buffy brags.

“Well, honey, do you remember when I told you about her hateful and way too self-confident attitude? That’s exactly what I meant!” I strike back.

“Hey, does that mean that you talk behind my back when I’m not here, listening to you? Gee, I should better start checking what you’ve recorded in all these cassettes so far...” Buffy grumbles, insulted.

“I don’t run you down, I just tell her the truth!” I justify. “And speaking about the truth, the only reason why you won the challenge is that actually * I * let you win!” I confess, sticking my tongue to her.

“You did what? You, dirty liar!” she snaps.

“My poor luv, you know, she needed to regain her belief in herself, after the week she spent trapped here and after the too short patrol of two nights ago, she was so out of practice...” I go on, pretending that Buffy is not here.

“Grrr! I’ll show you * who * is out of practice ...” Buffy growls, shoving me on the floor and straddling me, but before she can go any further, I stop her, although I do that very unwillingly.

“No, pet, not here, not in front of her...” I made her notice and she immediately parts from me.

“Uh! You’re right. Well, let’s ontinue with the story for real then, I guess that’s better,” she decides.

“The first days of training went like this: on mo0nings and afternoons, Giles made me read book after book, declaing that first there’s theory and * then * practice. So, after all that boring reading, I’d come back home, where Spike was ready to make me fight with Faith, Andrew or Wesley, saying that practice was all the theory I needed. Gee, that was so stressful!” she rolls her eyes and that reminds me of my two Sires and their very different ways to train me when I was still a fledgling.

My sunshine and I have so much in common!

“And then there 5as a day when theory and practice finally seemed to find an agreement. It was one of Wesley’s ideas, he decided to blindfold me, giving me a stick to defend myelf from them. He said that that was the only way for me to learn how to see with my mind’s eye I concentrated as much as possible, trying to hit them when I heard their voices or even just their way too silent steps. And after lots of humiliating failures... gee, it worked for real and it made my senses improve. In fact, I guess that poor Wes will never forget the blow to his head that I gave to him, poor guy! Anyway, at the end, we all filled him with compliments for his brilliant idea, but Wesley stopped his charade and confessed that he had read it in one of the Watcher’s Diaries that Giles had brought to Spike as he had asked him to. And... oh my, there was plenty of absurd stuff there, too! But I’m not gonna bore you with the details...” she goes on.

And neither am I, although I still remember very well when I paid a visit to the Watcher that morning, at the library, forcing him to correct all the bloody wrong parts. And I still remember the shocked face he made when he saw me bathe in the sunlight... without exploding in the process. So, when I told him about the powers of my little special ring, well... he wrote a whole essay about that to add to the Diaries. Well, what can I say? At least, now I know that the next generation will have the right info!

“After a week, I decided that she was ready for a real fight. Of course, it was against a fledgling still fresh from his grave. It was still too soon to make her face an older vampire. Anyway, we had some trouble finding one. I took her around all of the Sunnyhell’s graveyards... and that means more than twelve. But there were no fresh graves, almost as if all the vampires around had decided out of the blue not to ‘procreate’ for that week. Such bad luck!” I continued.

“Yeah, all that practice and no chance to test it properly, Grrr, that was so exasperating! Anyway, if my nights were unsuccessful, my days at school were even worse. There was a senior student, Parker, who was such a dirty pervert! He always tried to make heavy advances towards me, but I always rejected him. But one day he really went overboard. He grabbed me by my arms and pinned me against a wall, kissing me with his awful lips, eewww... against my will... eewww!”

That’s it. In this exact moment, she is making the same disgusted face that she’d made the first time she told me that, but I’m not making the very, very enraged one I made back to that unhappy day.

“I pushed him away, but without using too much strength, otherwise I would have sent him straight to a hospital with a reserved prognosis, and believe me, honey, that’s never a good thing! Anyway, I summoned him to leave me alone and stay the hell away from me...” she goes on, although I would’ve liked to see that worm in a hospital as he was between life and death, but that doesn’t matter, because he met a much worse fate... well, now I’d better continue with the tale.

“When she came back to me and told me what had happened... well... I was blind with rage as my dead system screamed only one word: revenge! And guess what? It was Buffy who gave me the idea with a simple sentence she said at the end of her report: ‘If only he wasn’t a human, I would make him pay for that!’”

“Well, you know, that’s the kind of stuff you say in the heat of the moment...” she justifies.

“Well, kitten, don’t you know that saying, ‘Be careful with what you wish for’? Well, you should better keep it in mind, especially when you are with me!” I strike back.

(End I)

That’s all for now... although I guess that you can easily figure out on your own what will happen to the ‘dear’ Parker in the second part... ihiihi!

p.s. : Well.. if I don’t ask you too much check also my other story ‘If I were you ‘. I assure you that now the angst is gone and the fun has begun..

Otherwise, thank you already for your wonderful support on this one ;)