Hello again, sorry for late!

Kerry, jane, Sharon and PhotographyNut, THANK YOUUU ALL , your support is just amazing!!! ;)


XVIII. (I)

(Buffy)

Who would have ever imagined it? But sometimes a soap opera can be providential, or rather a marathon of the best episodes of a certain soap opera. Yes, because Spike and Andrew —I swear that guy is fanatic of every kind of TV show that has ever been made— went to see the marathon of the best episodes of ‘Passions’ to Clem’s house. He’s an innocuous demon who looks like a pink dog with big ears. He’s one of the friends Spike met playing poker at the demon bar. Oh, right, you don’t know of that yet, one day I’ll tell you about all his ways to make some money.

Anyway, that was very lucky for me, because now I am sure that I’m totally alone to keep telling the story, mostly because there’s a part that Spike wouldn’t like to listen to very much..

Plus, Wesley and Faith are out, too, and Giles assured me that he and the Scoobies could take care of the patrol... for once. So, see? Nothing and no one is going to disturb us... maybe some of the minions, but I seriously doubt about that. You know, they kinda fear me, so if they can they keep their distance from me!

Well, we were at part of the ‘confidences’ corner’ with Faith, weren’t we?

“Yes, I know what you mean. So now I happen to have fallen for Spike, but it doesn’t matter, I’m sure he doesn’t feel the same about me, I’m just like a daughter to him...” I commented.
Faith didn’t even say a word, she just left... and I’m pretty sure I heard her burst out laughing.

Now I know why she did that. Spike and I had to face the whole situation alone, without anyone’s help, otherwise it would’ve been too easy. It doesn’t matter that it took us much, much longer before I realized his feelings for me and viceversa.

Anyway, for me it was more and more difficult to be at ease whenever he was around. We didn’t have any more of the very long chats we used to have; I didn’t allow him to get too close to me, mostly because I didn’t trust myself to not give in to my own instincts. And also, every single time we went out to patrol together, I spent whole hours in my bedroom, trying on most of my wardrobe to try to look the best that I could… almost as if I was going to a party.

But to be honest, if he was with me, even the greyest and most dismal graveyard turned into a party for me.

In the meantime, I didn’t care about all the other boys at school any more, and I know that Spike was very glad about that.

Anyway, I couldn’t go on that way any longer, I was about to make my brain explode with all my doubts and paranoia about what would have happened if I had found the courage to declare my feelings to him.

I talked about that with Faith, once again, and although I had resorted to the classic trick ‘You know, I have a friend who has a friend whom...’, she is way too smart, that’s why she immediately figured out that I was talking about Spike and me. So she gave me a very simple advice: to follow my heart.

Well, after a couple of nights, I went out with Spike again for our usual patrol.

‘One more dusted vampire and I’m going to tell him everything!’ I said to myself, but then I decided to add a couple vampires or three more to my mental list.

But after I had shoved my stake into the fourth vampire’s heart with amazing quickness, Spike and I exchanged an understanding look.

I figured out that that was the perfect moment.

I began approaching him, but before I could reach him, I heard a tiny noise behind my back, so I immediately turned.

A vampire was running into us, in full game face.

I grabbed my stake and ran towards him, but Spike chased after me.

“No, Buffy, stop!” he summoned me, but it was too late, I was about to hit my target, but he was scarily faster than me, kicking my hand and making me lose my stake, and then he pushed me away hard.

I probably would’ve gotten smashed against the rough rind of a tree, if Spike hadn’t promptly taken me into his comfortable arms.

Awww, what a way to land! I wouldn’t have been surprised if my eyes had turned into two pulsating hearts... just like in a cartoon.

“Let this be a lesson for you to NEVER attack someone without my permission again!” Spike scolded me, letting me go. I nodded in submission but he wasn’t even looking at me anymore, all his attention was for the other vampire to whom Spike was smiling as he was smiling back at him.

“I’ll be damned! Angel, what are you doing here?” he exclaimed, running into him for a hug. Oops, did I say ‘hug’? Sorry, Spike would say ‘for a very manly greeting’.

“I used my game face to see better in the dark, but I knew that I wasn’t wrong. Spike; so the rumours about you were right, you really stayed here at the Hellmouth. Why am I so surprised? After all, I know you, Boy, you have always liked some action!” Angel commented, shifting back into his human visage, and then he took a better look at him. “What happened to your hair? Did you fall into a pit of peroxide hydrogen?” he laughed.

“Well, well, it’s fun to hear that from you, Mr. Straight-Hair! What? Did you use all of the annual stock of a hair gel factory to get that effect?” Spike struck back.

“Pungent and cocky as always, I see...” Angel shook his head in resignation.

“Hell yeah, otherwise, it wouldn’t be me, would it?” Spike smirked proudly.

I looked at them dumbfounded. So, that was Angel, Spike’s Sire, well... one of them anyway... the one who had rescued him from a sure death, to be more specific.

Anyway, taking a better look at him, and not seeing him as a potential enemy anymore... he was a gorgeous guy: tall, brunette with that very straight hair, as Spike had already noticed, a high and slightly corrugated forehead, deep and dark eyes and a sturdy and very well trained body.

He was showing his human visage, but it’s not that his demonic aspect had disgusted me... after all!

I approached them, clearing my throat.

“I’m so sorry to break such a touching moment but... could someone do some introductions?” I pointed out, getting closer to Spike.

“Sure, pet. So, Buffy, this is Angel, one of my two Sires; Angel, this is Buffy, the... Vampire Slayer!” he introduced us pretty quickly, as we shook our hands.

(End I)

I hope you’ll still like it.

Anyway, there won’t be any update before.. next year, sorry!

By the way HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!!!