Mari, PhotographyNut and Sharon, THANK YOUUUUU!!!

sorry for late, here's the second part:



XVIII. (I)

(Buffy)

“What? You are the Slayer? Well, you know, I’ve just returned from massacring a lot of innocent victims who satisfied me with their delicious blood...” he said with the most disquieting sneer that he managed to make.

Too bad that I was staring at him with the most total look of disbelief I could muster.

“Quit playing the big, bad vampire, buddy, she knows who you are, my dear *soulful * Sire!” Spike chuckled.

“Well, I was just trying to be an ordinary vamp ...” he justified.

“And that’s a very brilliant movie, since I’m the Slayer and I have the tendency to dust most of the ordinary vamps!” I reminded him.

“Yes... by the way, hey Spike, since when did you become the Slayer’s best friend? Are you not the same Spike who happened to kill one once?” he asked, narrowing his eyes.

“Update your archive, Daddy, I’ve already killed two. About Buffy… that’s a very long story, so... do you have one or two centuries to listen to it?” Spike struck back.

“Hey, vampire here. Do you remember? We have all eternity, so spit out!” he exhorted him, eager to know.

So, we tried to sum up everything as shortly as possible.

At the end, Angel was absolutely stunned.

“That’s incredible. Spike, I would have never expected you to do such a thing!” he commented amazing, as he kept looking first at me and then at Spike.

“Well, there’s nothing that I wouldn’t do for her...” he murmured, smiling sweetly at me. “Now it’s your turn to tell us a story. What have you been doing all this time?” Spike questioned him.

“Well, after leaving that night, I travelled around the world for a couple of years. But that was useless, I couldn’t forget Dru, it wasn’t just a matter of distance. I wanted another chance with her; I wanted to win her back. That’s why I came back to Prague and I did all I could to make her change her mind and get back with me again...” he started explaining.

“So, you saw Dru, didn’t you? How did she react? Spike wondered... in a whisper.

Back to those days, it felt like a stab was going right into my heart every time I heard him pronounce that name... and especially with that tone.

“She blathered something about the moon and the daylight, but judging by the way she said it I realized it was a ‘No’. Anyway, I kept insisting, chasing her for years and years, always hiding from Davidus. Until one day, if my memory serves me right, it was the thirty-second year that I had been haunting her, she gave me one last kiss and decided to told me the real reason why she wouldn’t get back with me: she still loved us, Spike, both of us, and she said she always would, but she knew that she couldn’t stay with me, because she lacks the special piece that I have and that you partially... somehow... seem to have, too. She said that we couldn’t be the same, we’d never be, that’s why she decided to remain with Davidus, because the longer she stayed with us, the more she would suffer after...” Angel told us with tearful eyes, just as Spike’s eyes were.

“So, the fact that I stayed there did nothing but hurt her. She exhorted me to try to be as happy as she was with him. She told me that soon I would find a new Black Princess to love, she also talked about you and a precious sunshine who would grow up brighter and brighter...” he went on, and Spike smiled at me.

“The dear old Dru... she is always right. Buffy is my sunshine and she is my happiness as well!” he murmured.

I was beyond myself with joy... if only he hadn’t added the next sentence.

“She will always be my baby!”

A baby. That’s what I was to him, only his baby, a young girl with whom he acted as a father of sorts, ever since I was an infant.

Now I know that that was not what he meant, but you know, back to those days I was an Olympic Champion in a discipline called ‘Jump to the wrong conclusion in less than a heartbeat’! So, I told myself that it was useless to keep daydreaming about him and me together. I was sure that he would never feel the same way I felt. So the best solution was to bury that new feeling that was growing inside me and concentrate on something else... or rather someone else.

“So, Angel, are you planning to stay here for a while?” I asked him.

“Sure, I have nowhere else to go and well... I also missed my Childe...” he admitted, as Spike looked somewhere else just to hide how touched he was. Told you that he is a sentimental guy!

“I would invite you to stay at my warehouse, but I know you, Mr. I-stay-only-at-houses!” Spike changed subjects.

“You’re right, Boy. In fact, I’ve already found out an apartment nearby...” he explained.

“Alright! So, why don’t you go patrol with me tomorrow? That way we’ll let Spike have some rest, poor guy. After all he’s told me about you, I already know that I can trust you, Angel!” I suggested and Angel looked at Spike.

“It would be okay for me... what about you, Boy, do you agree?” he asked him.

If Spike had disagreed, there would have still been a tiny flame of hope in me, but things went different, because Spike not only managed to show fake indifference, but he also looked enthused at the idea, just because he didn’t want to betray himself.

Yes, I know what you will be thinking now: we really were two stubborn people, weren’t we?
You have no idea about what it took for us to let our stupid barriers finally crash down.
But it was still too soon, so each of us kept living or un-living with their very wrong convictions, and I had kind of a date with Angel.

But I’m going to tell you about that in a while, because now I have to go have dinner... and I won’t do that in front of you, since I guess that you wouldn’t like very much see me drink a cup of animal blood.

Okay, be right back.

TBC


Uhmm I know that it seems pretty TRAGIC so far, but... wanna bet that you’ll laugh about it with the next chapter? Just trust me, it may sound weird, but... I know what I’m doing, lol! ;)

I hope you'll still like it..