PhotographyNut, sharon, thank you soooo very much and sorry for late!

finally here's the new part:


XIX. (I) (There’s a little something taken from ‘Chosen’, but don’t worry it’s just one of the very few funny things of that episode)

(Buffy)

As I promised you, here I am again. I just ate my dinner and now I’m ready to go on.
It’s needless to say that I’m very grateful to ‘Passions’ for existing and even moreso that they had the clever idea of programming a marathon of their best episodes today of all days!

Well, let’s keep on with the tale.

The night of my date with Angel, I didn’t spend hours in my bedroom choosing what I was going to dress in as I did every time I went out with Spike; no, I just wore a pair of jeans and a very simple T-shirt.

That alone should have suggested something to Spike, but I don’t think that he even noticed that when he saw me get out of my room, just as I didn’t notice what he was doing, I just saw that he was holding some darts in his hands.

Angel was outside, waiting for me as he leaned against a wall with the classic attitude of a person who is gorgeous and is very aware of it, with his opened long leather coat that was stroked by the wind.

Gee, he just missed the bleached blond hair and a cigarette in his mouth... and he’d be Spike!

Eh, eh, apple doesn’t fall far away from the tree, does it? At least about those little things because the rest… well, what can I say? They are like fire and ice!

Spike hadn’t even come to spy us from afar, but he didn’t do it for the simple reason that his Sire would have noticed him since he can feel him... just like I can feel him, too, now.

Anyway, I spent a very nice and calm night, we even found a couple of fledglings fresh from their graves and that became dust very soon. Sure, we could have gone to the park or to the back alley of some club, like the Bronze and we would have found tons of vampires there, but Spike said that it was still too soon for that and he didn’t want me to go any further than the graveyards and Giles had agreed with him. Uff, they just didn’t have any trust in my Slayer’s skills!

So that night Angel and I talked a little bit about everything. I told him some anecdotes about my childhood and he told me some about Spike... or rather William, as he was called when he was still a fledgling, but he also made me swear that I would never tell anyone about that, so I’m sorry but I can’t share them with you.

Angel then confessed to me that before arriving here at Sunnydale, he had stopped at LA to face a serious threat. In fact, Darla was there; yes, just Darla, his Sire whom he hadn’t seen for centuries. She and her minions had a specific plan: to set the Master free from his captivity to allow him to come back to the surface again and that would have meant tons of victims, in a word... the end of the world!

Luckily, Angel managed to deal with everything, without being tempted by Darla who had tried to lure him to her side. Quite the contrary, he also managed to fight against her and come off the winner, after shoving a stake through her heart.

After all, their bond wasn’t that strong, it was based only on a single exchange of blood. There was no affection, no feelings, that’s why she didn’t have much power over him. Without mentioning the fact that Angel hated her for forsaking him in such a bad way.

But he explained that that wasn’t the only reason why he had killed her. Truth is that after his umpteenth reject, Darla had threatened him, telling him that she knew that he had created two Childes and if he didn’t obey her she would find and kill them both to make him pay for his affront.

That’s what had made him very furious, he allows no one to touch Drusilla and Spike!

And since the ‘family’ spread, now Angel also cares the same way about Wes, Faith, Andy and of course... me!

Time ran out soon and Angel walked me back home around 1:00 a.m. Yeah, one year older meant that my curfew was extended one more hour!

Spike welcomed me back, asking me how my night had been and he was kind of relieved when I told him that nothing had happened. But he wasn’t too happy when I told him that Angel and I would go out the next night, too.

In fact, he grabbed his darts to throw them towards the wall, but this time I looked better at the board and instead of the classic target I saw a sketch of a face with a very big jaw, a pouted mouth with two fangs that popped out from the upper lip, a corrugated forehead and black and way too straight hair.

Who knows *who * it was supposed to be!

Anyway, it didn’t make any sense to me at all. First, Spike had always been jealous of all the male kind, and second... I mostly thought that he was angry with Angel... because he spent more time with me... than with him!

You know what happened next? The next night, when I saw Spike before going out with Angel again, he wasn’t throwing darts towards the sketch... he was using knives!

The message was pretty clear: he wasn’t happy about it, not one bit!

He had to get used to it though, because other nights followed that one, until after a week... something changed.

That night Angel didn’t talk much, he just stared at me and that made me feel so awkward, because I have to admit that I wasn’t completely indifferent about him.

All of the sudden, he got closer, caressing my face.

“You know, Buffy, I like you, a lot...” he murmured.

“I like you, too, Angel, you’re a nice guy...” I answered, as he got even closer.

I was a bit scared, but on the other hand... that was just what I wanted.

“Although there’s nothing black about you... you could be the Black Princess of whom Dru talked about...” he murmured, bending on me.

“Maybe the black part is not so important ...” I murmured, but before he could kiss me, I backed off, enlightened by a realization.

“Wait, we can’t kiss!” I warned him.

“Why not?” he wondered.

“Because if you are Spike’s Sire... it’s almost as if you are his father. Or his big brother. So... if he’s been kind of a father to me... if I kissed you it would be as if I kissed my own grandpa... or my uncle... eeeww! It sounds so incestuous ...” I explained, but he pulled me into his arms anyway.

“So, do you think that your uncle or grandpa would kiss you like this?” and after saying that he placed his cold lips on me for a kiss that lasted... just a few seconds.

Yes, because it wasn’t how we both expected it to be.

It had been only a simple contact of lips and tongues, but without any magic, any special feeling.

“I guess that Dru was right about everything. I’m not your Black Princess...” I commented, rubbing my mouth with my hand.

“I guess so, too. I’m sorry...” he answered, upset.

“Don’t worry. I’m sure you’ll find her soon.” I smiled at him and then he walked me home.

When I got into the warehouse, Spike was on the threshold, ready to give me the third degree, almost as if he felt that there was something different.

“Please, don’t ask me anything; let’s just say that from now on, I’ll resume patrolling with you!” I said, going to my room and Spike understood what had happened, without any need for me to say more.

And if I know him well as I know I do... I’m sure that he must have smirked, pleased.

Of course, after that the mocking sketch disappeared and Angel resumed being his big friend as if nothing had happened.

Anyway, I had realized something important that night. Although I hadn’t liked the kiss between Angel and me, I knew for sure that it was * not * because it was incestuous. It was just that it wasn’t from the right vampire, the one I really wanted to kiss.


But I didn’t think about declaring my feelings to him anymore, I didn’t even want to talk with Faith about it. I decided to do absolutely nothing, hoping that time would make things better, and it did.

(End I)

Well. Do you remember the kiss between Cordelia and Wesley in Buffy’s Season Three? That’s what inspired me for ‘the’ Angel and Buffy’s kiss.

Anyway, you’re gonna adore ‘this’ Angel... and next part it’s all about him and...