Photographynut, kerry, jane, Sharon, THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!

I hope this will entertain you:

XIX. (II)

(Buffy)

Sixteen years old meant not only the umpteenth bite that Spike didn’t give to me, plus one hour more on my curfew, but also some change in school.. worse change.

There was an odd spell coming from a cursed zoo where we went with the whole class. Whoever got way too close to a group of hyenas ended up being influenced by them, starting to act like them.
Xander was one of those people. So, he began acting like a predator, trying to seduce me, but it was useless, since by then my heart used to beat only for someone who doesn’t even have a heartbeat!

Anyway, Xander did nothing too bad, I had already had a terrible experience with Parker, I didn’t want a déjà vu. In fact, I managed to break free, knocking him out and locking him in a cage.
At least that prevented him from taking part to a homicide that would torment his conscience forever.

Yes, because in the meantime, the other bewitched guys had decided to sneak with.. the Principal of the school. I’m so sorry for not arriving there in time to save him.
Anyway, finally the terrible curse was over and the guys became normal again.
Lucky for Xander, the only thing that tormented his conscience was the kill of our school mascot.
Poor piggy, it reminded me of my Mr. Gordo a little..


You know, there’s a reason why I told you even about that, because after the Principal’s death, Mr. Snyder took his place. Well.. do you know what ‘hate at first sight ‘ means?

That was what there was between Snyder and me, well, I had nothing against him at the beginning, but then I ended up hating him as well.

Yes, because he was always so damn unfair with me. He punished me for something I hadn’t even done, he scolded me for all my absences – how was I supposed to explain to him that it was in order to save some innocents’ life or to spoil the plans of some demons with the hobby of the apocalypse?- but mostly he constantly kept an eye on me.

First, it was easier to leave the school when Spike or Angel, if Spike was so gentle to allow also his Sire to wear the special ring and walk in the sunlight, came to me to warn me about some new threats. Instead, with Snyder around 24/7 it had become harder. Lucky for me, during their sneaking, Snyder had never managed to see Angel nor mostly Spike.. and I wanted him to never meet him.
But things didn’t go as I wished.

It was October of my third year at High School, and as every year that meant just and only one thing: Parent-Teachers Night.

Plus, as if it wasn’t already tragic enough for me, Snyder had thought about making me set the whole night all alone. Yeah, because the girl who was supposed to help me was a reckless stupid who escaped .. just to end into the clutches of the first vampire whom she had met.
I know that because I had the satisfaction to dust her as soon as she came out from her grave. That will teach that ugly stupid girl to help me next time!

Coming back to that night, Spike was there, skilfully disguised into a forty years old person. I have to say that Andrew is the king of the camouflage. You know, after seeing ‘Mrs. Doubtfire ‘ he was determined to turn Spike into.. Grandma Summers , but lucky for my vampire, we made Andy change his mind.

Anyway, I absolutely did not want Spike to meet Snyder, because that evil man would surely brainwashed him about me and my behaviour. So, I resorted to the extreme resource.. even if I still wonder what the hell I was thinking to solve in that way?

Wesley, Faith and Andrew would have done a better job, but unfortunately Snyder had already happened to see them.
I needed a face that was unknown to him, so I asked Angel to distract him somehow, pretending to siege the whole school during the Parents-Teachers Night.

Poor dear, he tried really hard, especially at the beginning, with a spectacular entrance, bringing the windows in thousands pieces, wearing his game face and growling fiercely.

It was the most total chaos and everyone was panic-stricken. Well.. almost everyone. Spike looked at Giles, almost as if they were silently wondering if Angel had lost out of the blue.. not his soul.. but rather his mental sanity!
After that, they looked doubtfully at me, suspecting that I was somehow involved, but I made my best innocent look, saying that I didn’t know anything.. but they didn’t buy that.
Uff, damn understanding between Englishmen!

In the meantime, Angel had walked towards the table of the refreshments, ready to flip it. What’s so odd? Maybe the fact that he was * clearing the table * before doing it.

“Angel, gee, what do you think you’re doing?” I reached him with an interrogative look on my face.
“Well, I didn’t want to break anything. You know, you did such a good job that it would be a pity to.. “ he justified.

“For St. Vigious’ sake! Angel, you’re supposed to *scare * people and that involves a lots of broken stuff!” I rolled my eyes, so finally he decided to flip the damn table, crashing down everything.
“Is it better now?” he asked me.
“You bet!” I smiled at him.
“Sorry, it’s just that it’s not my style.. I don’t like scaring people, but I’m all the evil demons’ terror!” he declared proudly.
“I know, Angel. Thank you, you’re helping me a lot.. “ I said.
“Do you really think so? Sorry but.. isn’t Spike the one who is chatting with your Principal?” Angel made me notice, pointing to the ‘grizzled forty years old man’.
“Oh no, damn! That wasn’t supposed to happen! Now I’m dead! “ I complained.
“I told you that I couldn’t make a proper siege all alone!” he justified.
“Don’t worry, Angel, at least you tried. It’s just my fault, I should have told Spike everything.. before Snyder did!” I struck back.

It was useless to go there and try to stop them, so I stayed with Angel. All of the sudden, Cordelia walked towards us, looking horrified at Angel, as he.. well he definitely was looking at her in a total different way!
“Eeeww, that’s disgusting!” she exclaimed, crossing her arms.
“C’mon, Cordy, he’s just a vampire, you already saw tons of them so far.. “ I made her notice, as Angel recalled that he was still wearing his game face, so he immediately shifted back into his beautiful human features, smiling at her.. and this time * she * was the one who looked at him with other eyes.. and I noticed that.

“Anyway, although I’m a vampire, I’m a good one, I don’t kill humans, I was just pretending so far!” he pointed out.
“I don’t mind if you are a vampire, it’s your horrible taste for outfit that disgusts me. C’mon, a lozenge pattern turtleneck sweater in a synthetic fabric? Eeeww, where do you belong? To 1600, 1700?” she snapped.

“Actually, I was reborn in 1753!” he declared, a little bit insulted.
“Well, welcome to the end of the twentieth century, so please, update! Have you ever heard of those things called shirts and T-shirts?” she struck back.
“Hey, who do you think you are to talk to me like that?” he growled at her, but she wasn’t scared at all.
“I’m Cordelia Chase, the Princess of the Fashion, so I can talk to you the way I please!” she stated, lifting her black long smooth hair with a hand , with vanity.

And that’s when I realized everything.
Princess of the Fashion. Black hair.
She was the Black Princess whom Drusilla had told Angel about. After all, she is never wrong, and I had just to give a little help to her beloved stars.

“Well, Cordy, why don’t you go shopping with him one of these days? Yes, I said ‘days ‘, because he can stay in sunlight .. if Spike agrees. So, you can help him with his taste for style.. “ I suggested.
They both threw daggers at me with their eyes.
“No way, I don’t hang out with rude and slovenly guys with no taste for fashion!” she protested.
“And I don’t hang out with tasteless and lame girls who think that the world turns around fashion!” he protested.
“I hate you!” they exclaimed at unison, glaring icily at each other.

After all.. how many couples were born just in that way?

In fact, something like after two weeks, they were already lost in each other and inseparable.. just like they still are.

Well, if you want the details you’ll have to ask directly to them, I’m sorry but that’s all I know about it.

Coming back to that night, it wasn’t how I feared. Spike didn’t believe a single word of what Snyder told him about me, quite the contrary, he summoned him not to annoy me anymore.. and his flashing yellow eyes sent a clear message to Snyder.. who became as harmless as a lamb.

Well, I talked way too much for tonight, you’ll just have to wait for Spike to tell you about a special event that we both love..

TBC

Well, next chapter is all about the beginning of the romantic spuffyness.. are you ready? ;)

I hope you’ll still like it, please tell me what you think ;)