Kerry, PhotographyNut, Sharon , thank you, so so so very much!!!


Before you read along:: You know, I personally feel pretty satisfied with this part, it took me ages to write it but it turned out just how I wanted it to be. I have always liked the ‘Halloween’ episode and I knew that sooner or later I would re-vamp it, almost totally lol! ;)

Anyway, this is for all of you, for all your kindness and support, so THANK YOU and enjoy it!

XX. (II) (Spike)


“Ok. So, it was Halloween and there was a new Costumes’ Shop in town, property of a person named Ethan. They weren’t expensive, so most of the people in Sunnydale rented their Halloween costumes there. So, Buffy and her friends decided to do the same, and they weren’t the only ones. Yeah, that year, after visiting that shop, Andrew also had decided to wear a costume. And since the boy likes challenges, guess what? He bought a leather coat, a fake crossbow and chose to dress as a Vampire Slayer.

You know, vampires actually don’t get out on Halloween, but that night there was such a mess that everybody went out. Anyway, Buffy picked up her costume in that shop, it was a beautiful cyclamen coloured dress that was worth of the Princess she had chosen to be. She also wore a long black curly hair wig that made her look pale. God, she was breathtaking... not that I need to breathe... but that’s not the point.


As it was traditional, I went out with her that night, waiting for all the others in front of her school. Yeah, her friends were there, too. As shy as she was, Red had bought a sexy outfit at that shop, but at the last minute she had decided to cover herself with a white sheet to be a ghost, the Whelp had dressed like a Soldier ... and when I saw Angel…I burst out laughing, almost to the point of rolling on the ground.

He and Cordelia had made a deal: if she gave up for once on using her beloved fashioned brand clothes and picked up her costume in that shop like all the others, he would dress in whatever she picked. And guess what? Complaining about the fact that he’s not what you call a funny guy, Cordelia talked him into... dress like a clown. So, now try to picture him with a multi-coloured hyper curly wig, a red nose, clown make up and outfit, huge red shoes... it makes me laugh even now!”

“So, as Spike laughs I’ll go on. Andrew wasn’t there with us, but he was around anyway. Spike was the only one who hadn’t put on a costume. You know, I had tried to persuade him to pick a costume, too, and I was so close to convince him to wear the Shakespeare outfit, but at the last minute he changed his mind.

Cordelia had dressed like a black kitten... with a long black tail, black nose and two cute cat ears on her hair. We were ready to start the night, but there’s no way we could’ve known that at that moment at the shop, Ethan was chanting something in front of an odd statue. And then it happened, there was a sudden flash and after that everyone who had bought their costume at that shop actually became what they wore. So, no one could see Will anymore, because she was a ghost, Xander was a rude soldier, Cordy was a cat that kept rubbing herself against Angel. Well, for once it was her purring for him. Angel was a clown and had to cheer up everyone. And me, well... I had become Princess Elisabeth, so I decided that the gorgeous guy by my side, despite his very eccentric hair, must have been my knight...” she goes on, but since by then I’d stopped laughing, I can resume talking.

“There were tons of kids who had dressed up as monsters, so you can image what happened. In fact, Xander started to act like a soldier protecting people. I wanted to protect Buffy as well, so... to see better in the dark, I slipped into my gameface... and trouble began. I didn’t know that she didn’t remember anything about her past. In fact, she screamed terrified, parting from me. She ran towards Angel and seeing him as he kept laughing madly, making balloon animals and wetting her with the water from the fake flower pinned on his jacket was scary as well. Plus, the kitten on his feet was getting jealous and had tried to attack her, showing her clutches as she tried to scratch her to keep her far away from Angel.

So, Buffy ran away scared and I chased after her. She wasn’t the Buffy I knew anymore, she was so scared, so weak, so defenceless, but I knew one thing for sure, I had to protect her anyway. In fact, she did need protection. There was a vampire, a real one, not a person in costume, who had captured her in his iron grip... “

“And as he fought against him to save me, Willow had gone to Giles, looking for help. He was with Miss Calendar. Oh, sure, I forgot to tell you, Miss Calendar was the new informatics teacher and Giles and her had fallen in love at first sight. Thank God, they hadn’t bought their costumes at Ethan’s, otherwise there would’ve been a Mexican charro and a witch running rampant around Sunnydale. Willow drew their attention to make them understand that she was a ghost and then she explained what had happened, but as soon as she named Ethan, Giles rushed to the shop, not before taking off his costume, dignity first after all!” Buffy adds.

“As you can easily imagine, I came better off from the fight with that vampire, even if he’d given me a bigger challenge because he hadn’t been a fledgling. Anyway, my poor baby was still shivering due to the big scare, and then she began approaching to me.

“You Sir, you rescued me!” she murmured, caressing my face.

“Are you not afraid of me... Milady?” I murmured.

“Sometimes appearance can deceive us. I don’t know who you are, but I know, you are not going to hurt me, Sir, you care about me, I can see that even in your golden eyes...” she explained and that made me realize that I still wore my gameface, so I shook my demon away.

“You are my hero, I want to reward you, but I left all my gold at my castle. All I can give you is this!” and saying that, she got closer and placed her lips on mine for a very short kiss, because she parted immediately, looking at me and waiting for my reaction. I knew that right then she wasn’t Buffy, she was just Princess Elisabeth, but... whenever would I get another chance to kiss her? So, I did it, I pulled her closer and kissed her with all the passion I had kept hidden for so long.”

“And as we were kissing, Giles had already found Ethan who happened to be an old enemy of his... or his friend... I didn’t understand that very well. Anyway, they began fighting...” Buffy explains.

“And our kiss went on... until something stopped us. It was an arrow that had sunk into the wall ... just a few inches from my head. But the most shocking thing was to see who had shot the arrow.

“Andrew?!” I wondered puzzled, but he wasn’t the same old Andrew, right then he was my mortal enemy, a Vampire Slayer... who luckily for me had a very bad aim.

“I saw you before, vampire, so now leave that girl alone if you don’t want to be dust!” he threatened me. So, he hurled towards me and we began fighting. Well, I just snatched the crossbow from his hands and threw it away, blocking all his blows, but without hitting him back... he was still my GrandChilde, after all... But that wasn’t the worst thing that happened. Our so called fight prevented me from protecting Buffy from two vampires that had appeared out of nowhere. They had pushed her on the ground, bending over her with their wide open fangy mouths... but lucky for us...”

“Lucky for us, Giles had finally managed to make Ethan confess how to break the spell, so he did, breaking the odd statue that Ethan had previously adored. So...”

“So, when I saw that fire back in her eyes, I realized it was over. In fact, she got up with a leap, punching both of the two vampires at the same time, with great agility, despite of the very uncomfortable dress.

“Hi, honey, I’m home!” she smiled at me, before kicking one vampire in his face and the other one in his stomach. “Well, a stake would be very useful...” she commented, bending down to avoid their blows. Andrew, who had turned back into a vampire, was still puzzled, wondering what had happened, but in his pocket he kept a real stake, so I took it and threw it to Buffy.

“Thank ...” she said, dusting the first vampire. “...you!” she concluded, dusting the second one.

“Aaaaah! What the hell was I about to do? Sorry, Spike, sorry!” Andrew exclaimed, bending on his knees desperately.

“C’mon, Andrew, it wasn’t really you, after all nothing too bad happened...” I reassured him.

“No, I was evil, I deserve a punishment. So, please, Boss, punish me, punish me, PUNISH ME!” he begged me, hugging my leg and shaking me. So, I decided to please him.

“Ok, Andy, so let’s make it three weeks without TV!” I stated.

He got up with a leap, looking at me shocked. “W...wait! I said ‘punish me’ not ‘kill me’!” he protested.

In the meantime I had realized one thing: if Andrew remembered what had happened, then Buffy did, too. I looked at her and she was smiling at me. So, maybe...

“Andy, here’s the deal, if you leave us alone now, I’ll forget about your punishment,” I said and he nodded, smirking and running away.

“I kissed you...” Buffy exclaimed, taking a step closer. I couldn’t say anything, just stare at her. “And you kissed me back!” she went on, taking another step closer.

“I know, sorry, I shouldn’t have, it’s just that you... and I... so we...” I blathered, but then there wasn’t time for words anymore. She just wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me to her, kissing me again. And this time I was kissing the real her, my Slayer, my Buffy! “Oh God, pet, you have no idea how long I’ve been dreaming about this moment!” I murmured between kisses.

“No, *you * have no idea how long I’ve dreamed about this! But I thought you would never like me this way,” she said.

“I thought that you just saw me as some kind of father,” I commented. We stared at each other and burst out laughing. “We were bloody wrong!” I smiled.

I don’t care if now she is glaring at me if I said that word, I really had to do it this time.

“And from that night on we discovered our mutual love, but if you think that the story ends here, you are sooo wrong!” I smile as I turn the recorder off and Buffy cuddles close to me, she is so adorable.

“I’ll never get tired of hearing this part, you know?” she murmurs, rubbing her face against mine as her hands wander everywhere over my body.

After all, we don’t have a public anymore, since our baby is already sleeping.

“You know what? I’m thinking that I should have picked the Shakespeare costume, at least I would have written something excellent for once!” I comment, and I’m not joking.

“Well, but that way you got me; did you prefer some inspiration over me?” she pouts as her ‘exploration’ goes on.

“I think you already know the answer, luv!” I kiss her.

And then she got up.

“Sorry, but I’m kinda tired, I guess that I’ll go sleep now, bye honey!” she waves her hand, leaving the room.

Uhmm... she is going to sleep at 2:00 a.m.? That’s very odd.

Uh! What was that noise? It seemed a car door that gets closed.

Uh-oh! I just had a terrible suspicion.

I search in my pockets. Just what I feared: that little cheater stole the car keys of my Desoto!

And that’s the noise of the engine. Grrr, the hell with her cuddling attitude, this time she is gonna pay for that!

Speaking of ‘paying’... since I already know how this will end, tomorrow I’ll go to the mechanic to rescue him from the deadly threats of my Queen!

TBC

I hope you’ll still like it, please tell me what you think.. ;)