Sorry for late, finally i'm back!

Kerry, PhotographyNut, Sharon, THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!!!


XXII.

(Spike)

I almost repent of my decision.

To not have her around all day long is terrible.

To wake up and not to find her beside me is awful.

To see her so exhausted that she goes sleep early, that means around 1:00 a.m. and being unable to wake her up in any way—and I swear that I tried everything—well, it’s just unbearable.

I know, I was the one that punished her, but it’s turning out into a punishment for me, too. At least, when she was under ‘domiciliary arrest’ it was different; ah, those were golden days!

I’m almost tempted to ask Rupert to increase Buffy’s salary—not much, just ten, twenty, * one hundred * more bucks, just to rush things!

Too bad that by now she has only earned one third of the three hundred dollars she owes me.

Lucky for me, I feel her coming now, because this interior monologue was driving me crazy. Uff, I fear that I must have inherited something from Dru’s blood, maybe one day I’ll also start talking with the bloody stars and stuff like that! But if I did... I would personally order every one of my minion to kill me!

“Finally, I’m home. Where’s my honey who I missed so very much?” Buffy exclaims, running inside the warehouse.

Hearing that, I spread my arms out with a smile, but she utterly ignores me, getting into the baby’s room.

Yeah, ok, it’s mostly parental instinct; it’s obvious and more than natural. After all, it would be the first thing I would do once I returned home, if I’d spent all day outside without seeing the baby.

But it’s also because Buffy is still holding that against me.

“Hey, you, cruel Master Vampire who makes a poor Slayer work hard against her will, come in, there’s someone who wants to hear the tale!” she calls me out.

Yeah, that’s the confirmation that she is still mad at me.

I give in and go to where my women are, ready to tell the rest of the story.

“Seventeen years old was an important age for my Slayer, because, remembering how easily she had faced the two vamps at Halloween, who definitely weren’t fledglings, after some months of uncertainty and after talking with Rupert about it, I decided to let her fight against older and more experienced vampires.

That also meant that I’d let her go to the park, to the back of some clubs or discotheques, where she could find tons of vampires trying to find their preys. So, as she fought against them, I watched her while I enjoyed my dinner without killing anyone. I still remember the very first night we did that. Buffy had just finished dusting her last adversary, so she came back to me, snorting enraged, not because I was biting someone, but because I had chosen a girl as my victim as I usually do. In fact, she just snatched her from me, placing her on the ground to allow her to recover from the weakness, but mostly from the big shock.

“Uh-uh! Are you jealous, my kitten?” I teased her, raising my eyebrow and licking my lips as I shifted back into my human visage.

“You bet; that bimbo had your fangs in her neck and I haven’t! But at least I can have this,” she struck back, kissing me. It was the first time that she kissed me right after I hunted. I immediately pulled away, imagining that she would be disgusted by that. Quite the contrary, she was the one to drag me back to her once again.

“Where do you think you are going?” she said, before sticking her lips to mine again.

“But... I just fed...” I protested, between kisses.

“Yeah, and I just found out that that makes the kiss even more intriguing, I’d better do that more often!” she murmured, smiling.

What can I say? My Slayer is unique, so off canon!

And about the ‘after hunt’ kiss, she kept her word, she is still doing that,” I comment, smiling at Buffy and she got closer to me, kissing me.

“Well, even the kisses that aren’t after hunt are not bad at all!” she adds.

Uh! Maybe she is forgiving me a little bit already...

“Anyway, everything worked so well, until she started enjoying the discotheque... and not just for the hunt, but because of the dance. So, I let her do whatever she wanted, but always with someone to look after her, because I don’t want her to be alone, ever! Anyway, she also patrolled with Rupert, mostly at the park. After all, he’s her Watcher, I must let him do something every once in a while.

Buffy found the patrols so easy that, after consulting Giles, Angel and me, she decided to also teach her friends how to patrol. At the beginning they were very clumsy, except for Red who was learning magic more and more, so much so that once she managed to kill a vamp making a pencil float and pierce his heart only with the power of her thoughts. Fascinating, but also kind of humiliating for that poor vamp. Anyway, that’s how the Scooby gang began. And I must admit that they are not so bad, they’ve prevented lots of apocalypses, with Buffy’s help of course. Sometimes, I also lend them a hand, but not always, after all, I have a reputation of Big Bad to defend!”

Now I’ll let her talk, too.

“Well, it worked and still works like that. Giles and Xander are the research guys. It’s not that Xan likes reading, but since he can’t be a fighter, he’s turned into a very helpful assistant with the research, so much so that Giles said that he has the potential to become a brilliant Watcher... and Wesley is so envious about that, too, poor guy! I mean, since there’s already a Vampiress Vampire Slayer, *me *, why can’t there also be a Vampire Watcher? I’m sure that he would do such a great job!

Ok, returning to what I was saying, Oz is a perfect warrior whenever there’s a full moon, although he’s pretty dangerous, too, so we don’t let him patrol with us very often, also because when there’s not a full moon, he’s a busy guitarist who plays with his band. Will helps a lot with her magic, especially now that she has become a powerful witch. Angel, you know, he’s a Champion, and Cordy... well, she is the perfect bait to make the demons fall in our trap.

Back to school days, there was Harm, too, but she didn’t want to have anything to do with us ‘freak people’ as she called us. After all, she was too busy hiding the relationship that she kept having with one of this freak people... wanna guess who?

Yeah, Xander and Harm spent all the time pretending that they hated each other in public, but in private… well, believe me, you don’t really want to hear about that!” she says, as I count all the yawns she’d been trying to fight, this was the tenth one.


“Sorry, but the story ends here for tonight, because one of the storytellers is very tired. Bye, honey!” she adds, turning the recorder off and bending over the baby to kiss her on the forehead, as she looks at her a little bit disappointed, almost as if she doesn’t want Buffy to go away.

She is so adorable, she reminds me of Buffy so much when she was her same age.

And she shows me the same lovely pout when it’s my turn to say goodbye.

I take my Mate to my bedroom and she kisses me, before sneaking under the sheets and... falling deeply asleep.

I don’t know how long I’ll hold on if things keep going this way. It’s so frustrating, I really need a cigarette, no... more than one.

I’m down the street, in the middle of smoking my third cigarette ... when I see Andrew returning home.

“Hey, Boss, let me guess... another night *without scoring *?” he teases me.

“At least, * I * have a girlfriend!” I struck back.

“Touché!” he gives in.

“You know, I didn’t think it was so stressful for her to work there. I’d like to make her earn all the money she needs... but without her knowing that. Otherwise, she will never learn her lesson! It’s just that I don’t bloody know how the hell I can do that!” I explain to him, between drags.

“I got you, Boss. And maybe I know how to help you. You just have to give me the money and trust me, I assure that tomorrow will be the last day in her job,” he tells me, enlightened by an idea.

I’m very curious to know what’s going on in my Grand Childe’s head.

TBC

So, if you are curious, too... don’t miss next chapter then! ;)

I hope you'll still like it, please let me know.. ;)

and tomorrow I'm gonna update 'If I were you ,' too ;)